A TNP Hall of Fame

What would the RA think of this? I've been sitting on the idea for a while now, and I'd imagine the RA would have to pass legislation establishing one.

My idea is simply that we create a subforum in the MoCE, let the cabinet nominate retired TNPers to the HoF and have the RA approve, then the sitting MoCE (or someone else) could write a nice little bio about their NS lives and post it in the subforum. Maybe also have famous quotes by the player. Could be good to help our newbies becomes more aquainted with TNP's colorful history.

Thoughts?

I quite liked the TNP awards. I only just caught one when I first joined, but it seemed like a great time...

Unless there has been one since then I missed.

:unsure:

I'm sure it's been a long while since the TNP awards were given -- it was before the region moved from s2, and as I recall Hersfold was quite involved with them. Ask Hersfold about those (I recall the MoCE was connnected with it in some way. And IIRC, Thel DRan designed the award for it.)

Should the RA be involved> I honestly don't know. I can see points going both ways on that question.

TNP Awards do sound fun... I shall inquire with Hersey ^__^

I asked the RA mainly because I thought the RA might like something to do other than Const. Amendments, but it doesn't particularly matter to me one way or the other.

We actually missed the ceremony this year - I usually hold it in September or something, I think. Won't hurt to do a belated one, if there's interest, though. I'll work with JAL about categories, and hopefully we can get hold of Thel so he can design more medals. (Edit for Nam - if we hold one this year, it will be the Third Annual. :))

There's no need to enact this into law. Although if we do set up a "Hall of Fame", it may be better on principle to have the Cabinet vote people in, just so nobody can accuse the MoCE of favoritism. ;)

I think an awards ceremony would be a capital idea!

JAL and I are working out which categories we'll have. Just like last time, we'll have some the the old "staples" as well as some new ones to keep things exciting. And we'll hopefully be able to continue with the Prime Minister's Awards that Tresville started last year.

We actually missed the ceremony this year - I usually hold it in September or something, I think. Won't hurt to do a belated one, if there's interest, though. I'll work with JAL about categories, and hopefully we can get hold of Thel so he can design more medals. (Edit for Nam - if we hold one this year, it will be the Third Annual. :))
A Christmas theme. How delightful!

Back