Emperor Matthuis for VDel

Greetings all,

To me Delegate of a Feeder region is the pinnacle of NationStates, in my opinion if you have made it that far and been that successful, then you are a truly great player. I would one day in the near future, love to be a Delegate but for now I do not believe that the time is right, Great Bight's Mum is running for a second term and I would consider it ungracious to attempt to dethrone her.

I am however running for Vice Delegate of The North Pacific. I am doing this because I want to get involved with this region but at the moment Vice Delegate is an attractive position for me. I realise that this position is one seen by many as useless, boring and that few people actually want to perform it but to me it is very important.

The Vice Delegate acts as defence for the sitting and democratically elected Delegate, whoever it may be and without me as a safeguard untrustworthy nations like Klarf and the nation of Conch Divers would be the second most endorsed nations in the region and would pose a serious threat.

Why You Should Elect Me

Firstly my track record is pretty extensive.

I've played this game since July 2003 giving me a huge 7 billion population this also gives me the largest economy in the whole region and I top it every time for economic rankings making me very visible to all members of this region. I also have one hell of a motto.

I've had an issue published, Issue 122 'Pensioners in Protest' and I have a Sticky in the NationStates forums that is still there.

My record in other regions is huge.

I've been:

The Welsh Highlands-Founded/Delegated, it had around 40 nations before I lost interest and left.

Evility-140 nations, Delegated, I delegated this region in late 2003 and at the time it was one of the most powerful regions in the game. During a fall-out with the co-Delegate he locked me out and I left.

Mercia the Next Generation-Delegated, Exiled from Evility I moved here and swiftly was made Delegate by Playa Chk. I left to go back to Evility.

Empire of Power-Founded/Delegated, one of the most powerful invader regions of its time it had about 70 nations in its prime before I got bored and left.

Evilium-Founded, had about 30 nations before I let it die.

Wales-Delegated, I was Delegate for a while before I needed my UN elsewhere and quit.

Gay-Delegated- I was delegate for a day before a day before I quit because I'm straight.

Rejected Realms-A Defender region I quit due to lack of co-operation with the Founder.

That Place Over There- Delegated, belongs to the Moderator The Most Glorious Hack, I delegated there for a while.

Egypt-Founded/Delegated, Still co-Founder there but I quit the Delegate's seat a while ago.

The Lexicon-I was a Senator there before I quit.

The East Pacific-Cabinet, I am UN Liaison there and a former Magister and Ambassador.

As you can see the list is very long.

I have tremendous experience in all aspects of NationStates Gameplay from Invading to Defending, from Roleplaying to Recruiting, from Founding to Delegating. I have been Delegate (as the list shows) in nearly all the regions I have ever become involved in.

Skills

I am a very trustworthy and noble man and I would take my role very seriously. I would never even consider trying to take over the Delegate's seat and I could definitely be relied upon to be the number two in this great region.

My endorsement count is currently 220 and that is without telegramming nations. With some telegrams being sent out I could very quickly increase that number above Unter but below whomever the Delegate is. This would mean that I could ascend to my post if I were elected very quickly. My influence is at Minnow but with more endorsements it will increase so that I have more power.

I am very active, I login at least once a day and my schedule is fairly balanced so that it doesn't change much so I never get unexpected periods where I am to busy to access NationStates.

I would like to see the Roleplay section of the forum actually being used, in The East Pacific we take great pride and time in roleplaying and it is a lot of fun and I would be interested in with a few others trying to get some started up here. (I realise that this isn’t a VDel role but it would be worthwhile and interesting)

I would serve the Delegate in whatever role I could; I would be interested in helping out with the campaign to increase forum membership. I would also increase my activity as an ambassador for this great region.

Lastly if required and asked by the Prime Minister, Cabinet or Security Council I would overtake a rogue Delegate but only if I were told to. Otherwise I would actively and diligently undertake my role as Vice Delegate of the North Pacific.

I welcome any questions.

Given that you were in a position of trust in The Lexicon not so long ago, and you even quit other positions to declare your support for The Lexicon in TNP war, just to leave because you couldn't be at the top of the ladder, how on earth can TNP trust you not to just leave through your term?

How can members of TNP be certain that you will act in the best interests of the region?

Given your attitude towards people applying for Lex Senate, eg. "I do not feel you are qualified", which clearly shows that you feel that people must be qualified, why would you say you are qualified to hold this position?

If, TNP were to enter into a war with another region, could they be certain you'd be on their side?

I may have more questions later...

Given that you were in a position of trust in The Lexicon not so long ago, and you even quit other positions to declare your support for The Lexicon in TNP war, just to leave because you couldn't be at the top of the ladder, how on earth can TNP trust you not to just leave through your term?

Well firstly I unreservedly resigned quite a while after several long arguments with various Founders. (except Wilks) Secondly I had debated quitting The Lexicon for about four months prior to my resignation. Thirdly I posted several long critiques of The Lexicon on my blog and soon got into long arguments with various Founders.

I check the forums sporadically and am generally disappointed by the goings on.

The main reason why I will never go back is that I fell out with the Founders, High Council and various Senators and I'm sure that they would not want me back. I criticised the region's many faults including its invasion of the RR, Insane Power's blatantly racist comments, Insane Power’s random ejections of prominent members, ignorant members, poor roleplaying, Fulhead's Land's rule breaking including trying to usurp the Delegate of The North Pacific, the Founders’ checked past, the Founder's elitism and Cathyy's incredible hypocrisy.

This list could go on and on...;)

How can members of TNP be certain that you will act in the best interests of the region?

Well firstly the Vice Delegate has few formal responsibilities to perform so as to what I could fail to do in the best interest of The North Pacific is difficult to imagine.

However when I returned to The East Pacific I was received warmly and was quickly promoted back to the Cabinet there by Loop. I would assume that The North could trust the views of its allies in The East.

Secondly I am a trustworthy person and when I left The Lexicon I quit because I disagreed with how the region was ran but I very much like this region and I intend to stay.

Given your attitude towards people applying for Lex Senate, eg. "I do not feel you are qualified", which clearly shows that you feel that people must be qualified, why would you say you are qualified to hold this position?

I have already mentioned my attributes and skills, please take time to thoroughly read my post before asking me questions.

I welcome further questions.

The main reason why I will never go back is that I fell out with the Founders, High Council and various Senators and I'm sure that they would not want me back. I criticised the region's many faults including its invasion of the RR, Insane Power's blatantly racist comments, Insane Power’s random ejections of prominent members, ignorant members, poor roleplaying, Fulhead's Land's rule breaking including trying to usurp the Delegate of The North Pacific, the Founders’ checked past, the Founder's elitism and Cathyy's incredible hypocrisy.
heh, I think you just won the election. For the sake of making an on topic posts, I'll now come up with some questions.

If the delegate were to suddenly fall inactive, with no word or no such thing, and endotarters were slowly creeping up (as they always are), what would you do?

I would await instruction (contact them) from the Prime Minister or Security Council. Failing that I would seek advice from some respected TNP residents.

However if for whatever reason this were not possible then I would maybe try and take the Delegacy if it were obvious that the endotarters would get it if I didn't. On doing that I would again try to contact the Prime Minister or Security Council and do what they told me.

If again they did not answer me then I would wonder where the hell everyone was.

In the end I would probably take evasive action but that would be a last resort and I would most likely resign once a proper Delegate had returned or been elected.

@ Heft, that list could go on and on...

If, TNP were to enter into a war with another region, could they be certain you'd be on their side?

Hehe, I like the idea of asking a VD candidate if they'll be on TNP side if a war takes place. Just in case a really honest subversive is going up for it.

Anyway, vaguely on topic...

Is there any region you haven't been involved with?

*tips hat*

Got my vote... :D

I would one day in the near future, love to be a Delegate but for now I do not believe that the time is right, Great Bight's Mum is running for a second term and I would consider it ungracious to attempt to dethrone her.
Got my vote, too! :hug:

As second in line, the Vice-Del is there to help ensure regional security. What steps would you take against a Delegate who "goes rogue" on the region?

:D

Is there any region you haven't been involved with?

I've never been a fan of Equilism.

What steps would you take against a Delegate who "goes rogue" on the region?

I would seek guidance from the Prime Minister or Security Council firstly and follow their advice.

However if that were not possible it would all depend on the circumstances, I might try and overtake the Rogue Delegate if I deemed it possible or I might just have to stay put if I had no chance of defeating the Delegate and wait for assistance from the NPA or allies or whoever.

I also have one hell of a motto.
A question regarding your motto: Does the Holy Aristocratic Empire support recy_ling items other than style?

Second, what is a ballpark number/ratio for the endorsement gap between Delegate and Vice Delegate you feel is appropriate?

Edit: Though your list of previous regional affiliations stretches about three years, which is alot of time for anything to happen, there is a theme of leaving after a loss of interest. What in particular interests you in The North Pacific or Feeder life in general?

A question regarding your motto: Does the Holy Aristocratic Empire support recyling items other than style?

Nope.

Second, what is a ballpark number/ratio for the endorsement gap between Delegate and Vice Delegate you feel is appropriate?

Well if elected I plan to have a word with the Delegate and find out what they would find reasonable but around 75 endorsements behind would seem a good estimate.

Though your list of previous regional affiliations stretches about three years, which is alot of time for anything to happen, there is a theme of leaving after a loss of interest. What in particular interests you in The North Pacific or Feeder life in general?

Well firstly I am an ambititious person and all those regions I founded/delegate never really challenged me. I left the game for a six month period, I think it was in the reign of Magicality due to a lack of interest. So when I returned I went for the most powerful regions in the game, the Feeders to try and make a mark.

Feeder life is a lot more exciting and you know that whatever happens the Pacifics will always be there. They are very active and attract some of the best players of the game.

I like the North Pacific because of its democracy, every three months you can run for office (term limits permitting) and if you run a good campaign you are likely to win. It is not about currying favour with a small elite, rather a large and varied electorate.

Based on your arguments above I would like to throw in my support for you EM. You got my vote and I wish you good luck in the upcoming elections. :clap: :clap:

However when I returned to The East Pacific I was received warmly and was quickly promoted back to the Cabinet there by Loop. I would assume that The North could trust the views of its allies in The East.

Loop was/is an asshole.

My questions for the candidate:

1. What are your views on the ongoing Ordo Hereticus in The Pacific?
2. In your opinion, what is the single most important change that needs to made to The North Pacific?
3. What is your favorite band of all time?

Loop was/is an asshole.

Well I will definitely disagree with you there.

1.  What are your views on the ongoing Ordo Hereticus in The Pacific?

I have always been a supporter of the NPO/PRP and its their region so they can do what they like as far as I'm concerned.

2.  In your opinion, what is the single most important change that needs to made to The North Pacific?

That's a tough question as there is a number of changes I would like to make to TNP in terms of the roleplay, foreign policy and a few others but they are for future campaigns.

However I would like to see greater checks done for RA applicants especially for Delegate elections. As Limi's attempt showed it would have been easy to seize the Delegacy and we were fortunate to escape unscathed.

Maybe longer Delegate terms or restricted voting for Delegate elections would be a solution but it is hard to find a balance between allowing all members to vote and get involved and keeping TNP secure.

3.  What is your favorite band of all time?

To be honest? I have none to my disappointment.

Another reason to vote for the Emperor:

EMwins.png

You made me go serious there after reading all that you have been involved in.

Now I have to go looking for some aspirin. You got my vote as well.

Now where is that monopoly money you promised me if i voted for you?

*wonders off mumbling to thyself*

Back