At Vote: Outlaw Necrophilia

Great Bights Mum

Grande Dame
-
-
-
-
The resolution quoted below is currently up for vote in the UN.

Please post your views and stance on this resolution. Note, however, that you must have a UN nation in The North Pacific, or on active NPA duty, in order for the Delegate to count your vote.

The voting on the forum will close on Fri., Sept. 29, 2006 at 11:59pm GMT.

The Resolution At Vote
Outlaw Necrophilia
A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.

Category: Moral Decency
Strength: Mild
Proposed by: Karmicaria

Description: The NationStates United Nations,
DEFINING necrophilia, for the purposes of this resolution, as any unauthorized sexual act, performed on a deceased individual,

DISTURBED by the occurrence of necrophilia within the member nations of the UN,

NOTING that a corpse is incapable of consent, and that such lack of consent is why rape is commonly considered an inappropriate act,

OBSERVING many cases of emotional damage to the families of deceased individuals in cases of necrophilia,

RECOMMENDS that member nations outlaw the desecration of corpses,

STRONGLY ENCOURAGES member nations to punish those guilty of corpse desecration to the fullest extent of the law, and,

CALLS UPON member nations to provide counseling and medical care for those engaging in acts of necrophilia.

...disturbed by the occurrence of necrophilia within the member nations of the UN...?

On what do they base that? Laws already exist in Haor Chall and whilst we might agree with the idea of this resolution, we do not need the UN to tell us so.

NAY.

They should outlaw bestiality and masochism, too.
Every knows masochistic necrophiliac bestiality is just flogging a dead horse.

Boom-tish. I'm hear all week, folks.

They should outlaw bestiality and masochism, too.
Every knows masochistic necrophiliac bestiality is just flogging a dead horse.

Boom-tish. I'm hear all week, folks.
Pure genius...

Anyway, there are far more important to consider before wasting time on necrophiliacs. Maybe the author has a problem with their citizens thinking a guarenteed pull on a Saturday night is a trip down to the cemetary, but I doubt many other people do. Besides which I fail to see glorifying it by enacting a law solely for necrophilia as much use, when simple laws against grave and corpse descration cover this just as well.

Also the implicit idea of requiring consent from what is, for all intents and purposes, an inanimate object, would open the door for future laws against sexual acts on other such inanimate objects. If this happened my citizens would have to find something else to do with their spare time. :P

Perhaps I've said to much...

NAY

(My UN nation is now Namyeknom if my old one is still on record...)

I am going to write a proposal to outlaw puppy killing. I might also throw in a clause about giving everybody a puppy who wants one. No one will oppose puppy killing!

:shifty:

Against

edit: Whoops, that was a slip. :ADN:

Description: The NationStates United Nations,
DEFINING necrophilia, for the purposes of this resolution, as any unauthorized sexual act, performed on a deceased individual,

PLEASE take the proposer of this resolution into a corner and teach them how to use a comma. Please. I mean it.

I am against this, not because I am pro-necro, but becuase I am against poorly written and thought out UN motions. This is not what the UN is for.

With the vote at 1/11, I have voted against this resolution. I am, however, stunned that TNP has come down on the side of the necrophiliacs. :o

Back