war powers act

Heavens, I did forgot those "little" fights ;) (yes, I'm just kidding)
But anyway, bit different times when the whole world is fighting or civil war going on, than two regions battling :bat: thru night.
I could have sworn that was only because Britain's system of government creates only a maximum term for members of Parliament. I think it was 5 years or something.

Does anyone remember when Polts was PM? As I recall he did a fine job. I also recall there was some amount of concern going in. I think it's fair to say his "trust rating" at that time was not enormously high. Suppose this Lexi-biz happened during his term. How keen would we be on this proposal? Would our perspective on aspects of it change?

Once the law is in place, it will be there for future leaders to invoke as well. Future leaders who may be dissimilar to the squeaky-clean gang we have right now. In the name of security, we may be willing -right now- to sacrifice some freedoms protected by our constitution. But is this something we would always want to allow?

That's why we have the RA checking almost all of these war powers. If a really corrupt government does happen to be in power during wartime, the RA should be able to stop extreme abuse of power, and should still be able to impeach anyone who's really being a dictator. And the RA would be able to pull it back down within a month anyway. It should be fairly safe as it currently is - safe enough that the benefits outweigh any possible risks.

Hmmmmm GBM does make a good point. But Hersfold's version does fulfill its goal, it expedites defences while allowing to the RA to reassess them if necessary, which given Hersfold's mod powers and our judicial system allows us to impeach in necessary.

Also trust in our SC (needed with Cabinet to access these powers) have always been high. I'm not big on having war powers at all, but if it must be done this is the best version I've seen so far and it doesn't burn me up inside too (well not as much as I would have expected.)

Is there a final version of this (or is it the original version)?

Hers as requested moving this along seeing as how it affects what's going on right now around us.

Back