Pronouns
she/her
TNP Nation
Former English Colony
Discord
Erastide
Voting Ends Sunday the 4th.

UN Security Act 1
A resolution to improve world security by boosting police and military budgets.
Category: International Security
Strength: Significant
Proposed by: F-Carthage III

Description: NOTES THAT

CONCERNED BECAUSE many nations crime rates are alarmingly high

CONSIDERING that crime causes a sense of fear in many nations and works against both dictatorships and democracies alike.

BELIEVING that many governments are the cause of some of the crime, intentionally or not.

ACKNOWLEDGES that other steps aside from the ones stated in this proposal must be taken

URGES NATIONS TO

put a stop to this lawlessness by increasing funding to police forces and education.

spend more then amount required in this proposal.

APPROVING of Proposal 57 Reduce Black Market Arms Sales

PROPOSES TO

INCREASE funding to police forces and education

DEFINE crime as any act against the law in any individual UN member nation. Or something strictly against any UN proposal.

CREATE the UNSI (United Nations Security Inspectors) to aid the nations who can not control their crime levels but wish to.

EMPHASIZES that the UNSI will determine whether crime rates in all UN member nations are nonexistent, low, moderate, high or alarmingly high and will only help any nation who requests help and has a moderate to large crime rate

STATES that the UNSI will help the nation who has requested help regarding their crime rates by doing one or more of the following things:

1. Providing a teacher to help improve the skills of the police force
2. Suggesting many hints or tips as to how to prevent crime (these hints would be made by the UNSI)
3. Help to create an advertising campaign against crime
4. Possibly suggesting punishments that would deter criminals from breaking the law

BELIEVES that this proposal will make the world a safer place

Co-Authored by Adolf Barham

This resolution is currently up for vote in the UN.

Please post your views and stance on this resolution below. Note, however, that you must have a UN nation in The North Pacific, or on active NPA duty, in order for the Delegate to count your vote.

Nope.

(Although UNSI:Namyeknom sounds good. A hard hitting TV program about a group of night time UN forensic examiners!)

I'm obliged to present this TG I got.
F-Carthage III:
Greetings, I see you have voted against my UN resolution. I hope you will change your mind when I present these points to you.

1. An increase in military funding will help police forces crack down on crime.

2. The proposal clearly defines crime making it easier to prosicute.

3. An increase in educational funding will get children to stay in schools, and decrease the crime rate.

4. UNSA1 creates an organizationthat helps nations get their crime rates down.

5. Understands that other steps should and will be taken in future UN proposals.

I hope you reconsider and thank you for your time.

F-Carthage III

AGAINST.

I can't begin to convey how opposed the Republic of Teruchev is to "UN Security act 1", and it surely isn't because our nation is anti-law and order (see our stats on nstracker.retrograde.org).

Atrociously written and vague to the point of irrelevance, this proposal further posits that states are incubators and active actors in crime. Leave the philosophical discussion for General, Adolf Barham.

Here's hoping this proposal sees a defeat as crushing and humiliating as the recent rejection of the Auto Free Trade Agreement. Oh wait.. :huh:

Steve Perry, GCRC,
President,
Republic of Teruchev.

The people of AlHoma are perfectly capable of taking care of our policing matters THANK YOU.

AGAINST

Hm, I'm rather surprised by the votes here..

The wording could be improved, but it gets its point across.. I don't believe it's an atrocious violation of sovereign rights of nations either.

FOR, in full contrarian spirit.

I think potentially the most disturbing aspect of this "UN Security Act" is it's designation as "UN Security Act 1". In it's current state, it is innocuous enough, and would even seem to be beneficial for the signatories. Crime goes down. Nations prosper. However, this setting up of a UN Security Council, coupled with the fact this would be but one of many UN Security Acts, one cannot ignore the potential for the abuse of this new UNSC.

It is the position of this nation that Mr Adolph Barhman intends to use his UNSC to establish some modicum of control over the rest of the UN.

Position: Vehemently Against

Wizard, come on. I was for once going to agree with the consensus of TNP.
This creates an international police force, gimme a break...can some say corruption then take sniff of coke, a side of ladies of the night, large airplanes, and pockets full of cash...

That we have high crime rates seems to be a built in thing that can be somewhat changed by voting on issues, but not much. I've never had a nation that didn't have some sort of high crime rate, though it could just be me.

Against. I don't want some foreign agency overruling my order by biker gangs.

Wizard, come on. I was for once going to agree with the consensus of TNP.
This creates an international police force, gimme a break...can some say corruption then take sniff of coke, a side of ladies of the night, large airplanes, and pockets full of cash...
Oh dear.. You should've known I'm a contrarian :P

There was not a consensus, there was a UNANIMOUS vote, and there is a difference. Consensus implies that different sides of the issue have come together. A unanimous vote is nothing of the sort. In fact, any unanimous vote in a democratic system should be looked at with extreme skepticism because there are very very few issues that are so simple that a unanimous vote is justified.

When we have a unanimous vote regarding a UN resolution, that means we're not thinking critically because no one has brought up the opposing side. It takes the pressure off the choice, and when that happens, democracy suffers.

I'm not going to apologize for bringing up a counter-argument and showing that the region should have (in my opinion) heard more opinions before making the all-powerful pronouncement that this UN resolution was crap.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the UN Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back