PM Campaign Speeches

Hersfold

TNPer
I think everyone has posting rights here, but I'll check in a second.

The main reason I did not run for office in the election was because I thought I was ineligible due to term limits. Now that I realize I am, I would be more than willing to serve as Prime Minister. I have been a member of The North Pacific since the reign of Great Bight um.... two years ago? Anyway, I have been in the region a very long time and have fought several times to achieve our region's right to freedom. I'm not quite sure where I'm going with that, so I'll just move on. :lol:

Anyway, I have indeed been here a very long time, and I believe I am well trusted throughout the region for my integrity and loyalty. I am the Director of The North Pacific Intelligence Agency and have made substaintial efforts to increase membership and activity in that body (more than that I'm not really at liberty to say :P). I am well-experienced in the workings of our region's government, and have served in several offices during my time here, including the first Minister of Culture and Education, a second but partial term in that office following Ator People's resignation, and most recently Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs.

If appointed to the position, I will work to continue making The North Pacific a dominant power in NationStates through our diplomatic relations, defending strength, and internal structure. The recent discussions in the Center are an excellent venue for these endeavors, where we can work with our fellow feeders to improve the structure and relations of the largest regions in the game. If we can get the five feeders working together as a unified force, not necessarily under one ruling order, but still working together, we can improve the nature of the rest of the NationStates world to ensure an enjoyable experience for everyone involved in this game.

I realize these goals may sound somewhat grandiose, but I am confident that we can work as a region to at least make some major steps towards them, and towards a brighter future.

- The United Federation of Hersfold

Rather than retype my campaign speech i'll link to it!!

http://z13.invisionfree.com/TNP/index.php?showtopic=1081

I will add a few things though!!

I ran for Prime Minister because I felt I had something to offer the region in this role!! I did not run to prevent someone else taking on the role unlike some that ran against me!! If elected I will be active and involved for the full 3 months, just like the last time I was elected!!

I will look after our region's sovereignty whilst not encroaching on other regions' sovereignty!! We need only look at the Pacific recruiting debacle to see what can happen when people have no respect for other regions or believe their region is somehow more righteous than other regions!!

My last term as PM was one where the rifts and spite disappeared and TNP became a more accepting and tolerant place!! This was by no means soley due to the actions of myself and I have stated many times that a PM is only as good as his/her cabinet under current laws and government structure!!

Overall, we need to work on increasing activity in our region and its political scene to generate more interest in the region, help us retain nations born in our region and to allow us to interact with other regions diplomatically!!

I stand by my record as a politician in this region and my honesty when dealing with issues that arise!!

I trust the Cabinet will make their decision based on who would be best for the job!!

Back