Grenval's Communications Campaign

Grenval

TNPer
Since Harmoneia accidentally nominated me for Minister of Communications, I am now running.

But I have a feeling there are quite a few of you that don't know a lot about me, so please allow me to introduce myself.

I'm Grenval. You can call me Grenval, Gren, or Grennie, but not Grennigus, that just sounds ugly.

Besides Grenval (and nations of similar name origin), I also control Universal Acceptance in The Proletariat Coalition and Verquen in The West Pacific. Additionally, I founded The Grenvali United, where I am still active, and am a member of the Alliance Defense Network and the Red Liberty Alliance.

I've been playing NationStates for over two years now. In that time, I've done some good things and some "fun" things. The highlights of my resume include Secretary of State for the Alliance Defense Network, Minister of Justice for The Proletariat Coalition, and Retired Meritocratic Senator (I'm mostly proud of the retired part).

In short, I have experience all over NationStates, from intelligence to foreign affairs, and I believe I am qualified for the position.

If elected, I will do five things for the Ministry of Communications:

1. Ask an administrator to show all topics in all Ministry of Communications boards from the beginning, rather than from the last thirty days.

2. Write more newspaper articles.

3. Work to export news (relevant link).

4. Work to implement my polling idea (relevant link).

5. And of course, No. 5 is reserved to do all the things that may fall outside of those first four, including listening to you, the citizens of The North Pacific, working towards other necessary reforms that may arise, and generally giving it my best effort.

Thanks and I look forward to any questions, comments, suggestions, concerns, [insert plural noun of choice here], etc.

*Digitalis hears a crackling over the intercomm, "Operation 'ADN love-in' phase one please commence."

So Grenval, what do you believe you can offer that no-one else can; if you reply with either: a) time b) effort c) Tacos or d) huggles, I shall have you shot.

a topic on which Polts and I agree! I love sarsaparilla.

question: Can you link us to any articles or interviews you have written?

I know you mentioned exporting news, but first we'll need news stories to export- which we don't seem to at present. Will we see the Wire producing more news stories?

Also, what experience in this particular field do you have? Have you produced any news articles before?

*Digitalis hears a crackling over the intercomm, "Operation 'ADN love-in' phase one please commence."
Grenval hears no intercomm. His standard issue Alliance Defense Network tinfoil hat, properly working at all times of course, blocks out all sound except the sweet, sweet voice of Pope Hope.

Digitalis:
So Grenval, what do you believe you can offer that no-one else can; if you reply with either: a) time b) effort c) Tacos or d) huggles, I shall have you shot.

Shameless mockery.

And all that other junk in my original post.

Flemingovia:
question: Can you link us to any articles or interviews you have written?

And:

Haor Chall:
Also, what experience in this particular field do you have? Have you produced any news articles before?

This should get you started. And don't worry, I have more.

Haor Chall:
Will we see the Wire producing more news stories?

Yes. Idealistically, I'd like to organize some sort of newspaper staff. Realistically, I'll probably try and write an article or two a week since I doubt too many people will be clamoring to sign up.

Grenval, your campaign seems to focus around why we should vote for YOU. Please give me one reason why we might want to vote for Apollo Industria instead of yourself.

I know it's harder than it looks. I always like a challenge. But for the sake of elections I will no longer state my presence of a highly possible debate here.

Grenval, your campaign seems to focus around why we should vote for YOU.  Please give me one reason why we might want to vote for Apollo Industria instead of yourself.
Because, quite honestly, he is not a mean, cynical ass like I am. He doesn't pick fights and he doesn't mock everyone. He may have his faults, but I think, overall, he is a much stronger candidate because he really believes in what he is doing. I'm just running because, as Harmoneia observed, I am quite bored.

This is not to say, if elected, I won't try to complete the goals I have outlined, but it may only be a half-hearted effort. I know I personally would recommend that you vote for Apollo-Industria, especially if you don't like me. Nations like Apollo-Industria, while impulsive and young, tend to excel once put into a position of authority and forced to think about the consequences of their actions. Thus, I'm willing to bet Apollo-Industria will be much more likely to take a restrained and diplomatic stance in tough situations, whereas I will probably go out of my way to piss more people off.

So if you are looking to teach someone how to lead by forcing him to lead, which in my experience is the best method, then vote for Apollo-Industria. If you are looking for pissy sarcasm, vote for me.

So there is the no-pretense, straight-up truth as I see it.

A question for Gren: Where do you stand on the New NPO?
The same place I stood on the old one. I don't like them, but I'm not going to go try and overthrow them. It's their region, let them do as they please. Just make them fight for every second of it.

If you are elected, how long would it be before we're back in the ADN?

What is better, Daddy or Chips?

Can you speak any other language.

Is my radio show the best on Gateway? Tell me why you think that.

Why should I NOT vote for you?

Can you give me your views of cynicism being a fashion-statement amongst the young and apathetic, in haiku form please.

Yeti or big foot?
Yeti, although I prefer the name Abominable Snowman. Sounds cooler.

Digitalis:
If you are elected, how long would it be before we're back in the ADN?

I would never advocate The North Pacific joining the Alliance Defense Network in its current state.

Digitalis:
What is better, Daddy or Chips?

I've never even heard of Daddy, so Chips.

Digitalis:
Can you speak any other language.

Latin, in theory...

Digitalis:
Is my radio show the best on Gateway? Tell me why you think that.

Yes, because your music makes me orgasm.

Digitalis:
Why should I NOT vote for you?

Well, gee, did you read this little post?

Digitalis:
Can you give me your views of cynicism being a fashion-statement amongst the young and apathetic, in haiku form please.

Bored, stoned, with Green Day,
Hot Topic jeans torn at seams,
It's easy to complain.

Question:

After seeing some independent attempts at processesed meat cleaning on the RMB what plans do you have for the RMB?

Question:

After seeing some independent attempts at processesed meat cleaning on the RMB what plans do you have for the RMB?
Ultimately, I think the entire spam-prevention idea is futile so I'm not going to make any grand plans. If nations would like to continue to clear spam, that is fine by me. If they would like to organize their efforts, they are welcome to request a sub-forum under the Ministry of Communications. Beyond that, I don't have many plans for the regional message board.

Back