Haor Chall for Minister of Defence

Haor Chall

The Power of the Dark Side
TNP Nation
Haor Chall
Haor Chall for Minister of Defence

Why me?

A question I often ask myself. But anyway, I have served as Minister of External Affairs both currently and for half a term in the first term under the new Constitution. I haven’t been involved in our military for a long time, although during my long and dark past I have spent some time defending and invading. So, I know what it’s about. Also, and I consider this to be important, I am not a member of any other regional military or military organisation. For those interested in my involvement outside TNP, I am a citizen in The East Pacific, I was a citizen in The Pacific until recently and I have spent some time as a Senator in the Meritocracy.

What do I intend to do?

There are two broad areas in which plan to focus on changing and improving in the MoD and the NPA. These are organisation and activity.

Organisation

I intend to re-organise the NPA into divisions (platoons, battalions or something along those lines) with around 6 people in a division including the divisional commander. I’d like all the divisions to be ‘named’ and possibly have a variant of the NPA flag and that sort of thing. This will also mean the creation of a proper ranking structure, which will include the High Command of the NPA (which will also operate as a division itself). Also I would like to see the creation of a “propaganda” department (or press centre but propaganda sounds cooler) which will deal with news releases on NPA actions and similar events. The reason for this links into the activity part- by better publicising the NPA it will hopefully encourage more people to take part as well as help give purpose to those who are members. This will be done in co-ordination with the MoEA and the MoC as this information will also be of use for embassy updates and regional reports.

A recruitment department will also be created and will liaise with the MoIIA to aid recruitment into the NPA. For those who may be interested my current thoughts are that the DMoD will be the nominal head of both the recruitment and propaganda departments and will therefore also be part of the High Command.

Activity

Activity has been an issue in the NPA and there are a number of ways I intend to address this.

Recruitment is obviously very important and I intend to place a lot of emphasis on recruiting new nations into the NPA, as well as people who are already RA members.

One of the main things the NPA has lacked of is purpose. I intend to change that. The role of the NPA is twofold, as an enforcer of our foreign policy and as a defender organisation. Obviously the NPA needs something to do outside of these two purposes, otherwise it would spend most of its time inactive.

My thoughts are to look at undertaking wargames with friendly regions, as well as new training missions. These will provide the NPA with something to do which should also be enjoyable. As the NPA expands, as I hope it will, there will be potential for inter-divisional wargames, with perhaps a monthly “league table” for how well the divisions are doing against each other. Hopefully this will provide the NPA with a purpose and activity it has long been lacking.

So, any questions?

(The NPA vote has yet to take place, but I thought it best to start my campaign thread now anyway)

I would advise that the candidate wait before a majority is reached in the NPA. That should be around tonight or tomorrow... Otherwise good luck!

Why aren't you running for MoEA? :(

Because we need an effective NPA. And someone needs to do it.

Where did you get the name "Haor Chall"?

What does that have to do with the MoD? Haor Chall is an obscure Star Wars reference. Haor Chall Engineering is part of the Trade Federation and designed the landing ships they use in Episode 1.

Black or White socks?

Black socks.

I would advise that the candidate wait before a majority is reached in the NPA. That should be around tonight or tomorrow... Otherwise good luck!

As the NPA vote was delayed I thought I might as well get my campaign out while I had some spare time so I don't miss the boat. If the vote fails then this thread can just be ignored. :P

Do you plan to participate in defense missions?

Do you plan to participate in defense missions with other groups or organizations? If so, which groups or organizations do you forsee working with?

What experience do you have outside the North Pacific Army in invading, defending, or general NationStates military tactics?

Thanks and good luck.

Do you plan to participate in defense missions?

I have done so and as I'll still be a member of the NPA, I wouldn't see that changing.

Do you plan to participate in defense missions with other groups or organizations?  If so, which groups or organizations do you forsee working with?

The NPA operates alongside other defender organisations at times, I don't see any reason for that to change. As for which groups I forsee working with, other defender orgs. I don't think I can guarantee that we will or won't work with anyone else at this time, the way I see it is that it depends on the mission and our numbers and that sort of thing.

What experience do you have outside the North Pacific Army in invading, defending, or general NationStates military tactics?

Thanks and good luck.

Back when I first started, as a total noob I spent some time in a number of now defunct (as far as I'm aware anyway) groups. Since then I've been involved in the Galts Gulch military, which was mainly in the Warzones and also I have served in The Pacific Milita. I don't deny that there are those with much more direct military experience but I think what I also offer, in terms of organisation- recruitment and such- outway that deficency (should you think that is what it is) and as I said, I intend to organise a "High Command" of some sort, led by the General of the NPA, which will be made up of the most experienced members of the NPA, whose advice I will readily take onboard.

I hope that answers your questions satisfactorily.

Yeti or big foot?

:eyeroll:

Obviously the dreaded Yhetee...

What job would you give me if you could?

Why should I NOT vote for you?

Can you give me your views upon the decline of old-fashion British values in Haiku form please?

I'm afraid, Candidate, that your insolence has not gone un-noticed.

I shall now be moving my vote to one "Bozo the super-clown" as he is your intellectual superior.

Loser :P

Do you plan to participate in defense missions with other groups or organizations?  If so, which groups or organizations do you forsee working with?

The NPA operates alongside other defender organisations at times, I don't see any reason for that to change. As for which groups I forsee working with, other defender orgs. I don't think I can guarantee that we will or won't work with anyone else at this time, the way I see it is that it depends on the mission and our numbers and that sort of thing.
That one doesn't quite cut it.

I have this strange belief that anyone who wants to be in charge of the army should have some vague idea of which organizations it currently works with and which organizations it may work with in the future.

You're not fooling anyone, but let's try again. Will you or will you not be willing to work with the Alliance Defense Network? Will you or will you not be willing to work with the Red Liberty Alliance?

You're not fooling anyone, but let's try again. Will you or will you not be willing to work with the Alliance Defense Network? Will you or will you not be willing to work with the Red Liberty Alliance?

I wasn't trying to fool anyone. :)

I have no problem with working with and alongside either the ADN or the RLA should the situation call for us to do so.

Heh...

You can't play both the politician and the demagogue. I'm seriously considering not voting for you now.

Heh...

You can't play both the politician and the demagogue. I'm seriously considering not voting for you now.

Err... You've lost me now. Oh, and politicians call it "spin"- although I wasn't aware that I'd been spinning anything anyway so I don't know where you got that idea from.

Back