Wiz for Speaker

I think I will dispense with any long speeches this time around.

Instead I want to highlight what the RA has accomplished in this past term -- not only have we had another term of open, honest, and civil debate, but the voters in the RA have made some real progress in streamlining the government.

First of all, Hers's proposal to merge the RA and RV designations was a success, and secondly the RA will now vote on Constitutional-amending pieces of legislation first, before the Cabinet vote.

We are also engaging in discussions relating to the Embassy Documents legislation -- and what level of oversight we need for the different pacts TNP makes with other regions. Furthermore, there has also been good national security debate on the new NS changes and whether/how that will affect us.

I'm seeing some new "faces" voting and participating and that's always good.

As always, I'm open to any questions anyone may have.

Given the merger of the RV with the RA what plans do you have for increasing the percentage of active participants in RA votes?

AND

Night or Day?

Where do you stand on the PPP?
Could you be more explicit? The PPP is...

Given the merger of the RV with the RA what plans do you have for increasing the percentage of active participants in RA votes?

AND

Night or Day?

Ahh.. if I had a nickel for every time someone asked me that question (the first one I mean). I said last time I ran for Speaker that the participation in the RA depends on the members themselves. We can attempt to encourage participation, but ultimately we cannot force people to do so. I started a t hread to bounce ideas for participation, but there were enough people who felt strongly against any kind of incentive system for that not to be feasible. I think the RA/RV merger may well increase "natural" participation, since people don't have to go through the bureaucracy of a second application. Frankly, the best way to encourage participation is to be welcoming in the RA and continue to post meaningful, on-topic debates on relevant issues -- to show newcomers that we are an organization that they will want to join.

As far as night or day goes, I have to be contrarian and say "dusk". If that loses me any votes, so be it.

Is there someone running against you? Freedom and Pride has been mentioned but I can't find him on the nomination thread or anything on the Ministry Campaigns section...

Will you marry me?

Why should I NOT vote for you?

Can you give me your views on conservativism in modern politics in Haiku form please?

GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE DO YOU STAND ON THE NPO!!!???
As far as the NPO goes, I am not ashamed to admit that I have not formed a solid opinion. Most of my job comes through wading through the RA forums, and unless it comes in there (or in the public Cabinet forum, which I browse from time to time), I'm most likely going to be more ignorant of it than others. Indeed, unless such an issue involving the NPO comes before the RA and we have to vote on it, it doesn't strictly come into the Speaker or the RA's purview.

On a related note, I will reiterate that I believe the MoEA and others need to be more detailed in giving all RA members information with regards to any "foreign policy" votes that we must make.

@ mr sniffles -- I'm not sure about this either, but I welcome anyone into this specific race.

@ Dalim -- Neither.. I'm going to have to say Loch Ness Monster. (Isn't Bigfoot a type of Yeti anyway?)

@ Digitalis -- Will I marry you? Probably not. That may be one reason you don't want to vote for me, I don't know. With regards to the conservatism in modern politics, you'll have to be more explicit - are we talking American politics, international politics, or something else?

Back