-
-
Pronouns
she/her
TNP Nation
Former English Colony
Discord
Erastide
lol. I'm not quite sure how to say this. An idea has evolved over the course of today and it's turned into something that hopefully will be going somewhere. That idea is located here:
http://s11.invisionfree.com/The_Center/index.php?

I'll reproduce what I've written there.

Welcome to the Centre. This is intended for residents from The North Pacific, The East Pacific, The South Pacific, The West Pacific, The Pacific, The Rejected Realms, and Lazarus.

First, let me allay a possible concern. This is NOT an attempt to unite the governments/regions under one universal rule. If you have such ideas, keep them to yourself, as I'm pretty sure most feeders are happy with running themselves.

What this IS for is the opportunity to communicate and cooperate together in whatever ventures we see fit. One that has been suggested so far is a University, which might actually be sustainable with more then one region contributing.

Right now, this forum is designated as a place to discuss ideas. So let's hear them!

In order to see the discussion you have to register. Right now, I'm Root Admin, there's discussion on how admin will be divvied up, I believe the most sane idea is that each region gets one non-Root (selected by the region) and the Root stays out of things.

Right now is the idea phase, there are no real formal structures set up. So anyone is welcome to go over there and post. This is in the Private area because I didn't want to spring this on y'all in public. And now Public because I'm impatient. ;)

Thank you for posting this. I am registered on that board as well, and I believe this summit can be a useful ground to relieve tensions between us and other feeders. I refuse to see The North Pacific fall under domination of a foreign group, however, diplomacy is neccessary to get anything passed and done.

If we are participating in this, we will need a representative for adminship. I will do that if allowed.

This must be at least the third time this has been tried. :P

However I really do like the idea, if it can be made to work. When this came up before down in TP I had a thought about a different way to run it. I did wonder, whether it might be better/easier to get people involved if it was run on the feeders already existing forums- that is a six (or however many) month cycle through the feeders with each one taking it in turn to host. That way it helps to push up activity (which for TEP, the RR, etc would probably be welcome). Just a thought.

Whichever way though I think one of the main things that needs to be done for this to be successful is it needs some kind of focus or attraction to get people to be involved.

Join the forums and put that down! :)

Still need a Admin Representative there though. Currently, I know off by hand that Quy represents The Pacific and Gnidrah represents The East Pacific. Other than that I dunno...

I'll go poke around. Sounds like a damn good idea, IMO.

Darn it, who turned on the verification?

Ideas there sound very good so far.

So we don't have a rep yet?

Can I go. I think u will find that I know all those main guys from the feeders....plus I can only be bought with sex and i get all stocked up in TNP..he he he

And your right HC..this was tried a few times...and I believe this idea was pitched a few weeks ago in a secret illuminati chat that we usually have...errr..they have.

ahem....u didn't read that!!! You are getting sleepy...sleepy....

*Laughs* We should decide on this soon. I've already said I would like to do it, but if Tres wants to, fly at it!

Cisco, my main concern with you is are you going to be available? This is not something that should fall flat in the first days, and no rep from TNP would do that. Aside from that, I personally think both of you are qualified. Shall we organize some kind of vote then? Cabinet or RA?

Way ahead of u...already asked Flem to do that...he said in a lil while once things are more organized.

I'll be around more now...since I am now a tech...fixing comps and setting up networks....so I'll always be around a connection...aaaand...my Aim messages go to my phone...so I can always be contacted.

I'd like to help organize too...should i speak to Loop first?

Two thoughts on official reps: First, lets see how the centre (note spelling) beds down.

If it develops into more an informal meeting-place between regional activists, then the more people there the better, without hierarchy. If it turns into more official negotiations, then we may need to decide who represents us.

Secondly, of course, a short while and this government will be history. Perhaps it would be better for the incoming cabinet to make that decision - a rep (or reps) that would represent us for three whole months.

We just at this point need an admin from TNP to technically put us on par with the rest. Eras said she doesn't want to do it. Thus, we need someone (either selected by this Cab or the next one) to represent us on the admin panel. This isn't about "official" reps yet, just admins.

We just at this point need an admin from TNP to technically put us on par with the rest. Eras said she doesn't want to do it. Thus, we need someone (either selected by this Cab or the next one) to represent us on the admin panel. This isn't about "official" reps yet, just admins.
Well... as I'm likely to be Del for the next 3 months, I don't also want to be our rep there. Plus, I'm Root admin and whether I share it with Loop or not, I shouldn't be representing TNP when I have ultimate power over the forum. :evil:

Second point. No, the rep should not be someone we just "send" right now. If it has to wait a week or two til elections are done and the new cabinet chooses, so be it. Or, if this is legal, we could hold side elections alongside the cabinet and elect someone from the RA membership.

Back