Constitutional Clarifications VOTE

This was just passed inthe RA..

A Proposal for a Constitutional Amendment

Whereas, recent amendments have been enacted to the Constitution of The North Pacific concerning Embassy Documents and concerning the merger of registered voters into the membership of the Regional Assembly that inadvertently contain inconsistent language to the same provision of the Constitution, and
Whereas, there are minor technical corrections required as a result of the amendment to the Constitution of The North Pacific concerning the merger of registered voters into the membership of the Regional Assembly,

BE IT ENACTED BY THE NATIONS OF THE NORTH PACIFIC:

Section 1. The title of Article II of the Constitution is hereby amended to read: "Membership and Registered Voting Registration."

Section 2. The title of Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution is hereby amended to read: "Registered Voting Registration."

Section 3. Article II Section 4 Clause B of the Constitution (as amended by the amendment that merges registered voters into the regional assembly) is amended to read:

B - Political, diplomatic, or military relationships shall only be established by agreement or treaty. Either the Minister of External Affairs or the Prime Minister has the power to submit a proposal to accede to or withdraw from any agreement or treaty relationship with another region, or multi-regional organization, create, change or remove basic military or diplomatic treaties, as defined by law. The creation, change or removal of a Mutual Defence Treaty, or any other Military treaty short of an Alliance or Entente must have the support of a majority of the Cabinet. Proposals for the creation, change or removal of any documents dealing with alliances or ententes (as in a coalition) or other types of interregional agreements, conventions, or treaties that affect regional law must be submitted to the Speaker for approval of such proposed action by a majority of the Regional Assembly in a referendum with a quorum participating. The voting period for the referendum shall be for five consecutive days. Should the action be approved, action to implement the proposal shall be taken by the Prime Minister, the Minister of External Affairs, or the Cabinet of the Regional Government, as appropriate in the circumstances.

Section 4. This amendment shall take effect upon ratification.

NAY, only because I didn't support the Embassy Documents bill to begin with.

EDIT - shouldn't this be displayed publicly?

^ you're the MoJ, you tell us. You're supposed to know the constitution and legal code back to front.

Voting aye, assuming my minister comes unable to vote prior to time.

I don't really see why this has to be private either. But anyway...

Aye. Looks fine.

Did I vote for this in the RA? I forget...

Oh, sorry.. I accidentally posted it in the "private" room instead of the "main" room. Someone can move it to the public area I guess.

^ you're the MoJ, you tell us. You're supposed to know the constitution and legal code back to front.
There's no law pertaining to Cabinet discussions, having them open was just Flem's idea and something I hope will become convention. However the RA is currently debating a bill regulating such matters.

Back