Gordonel

Joshua

TNPer
I posted the following response in this topic:

http://s13.invisionfree.com/TNP/index.php?...0&#entry6653987

Hey Gordo I would bugger of champ. No one really likes you or respects you. Stabbed to many folks in the back.

I would also like to ask the admin to read gordonels two posts in that thread as they are less then friendly.

Here is Gordonels PM to me about the post I made:

Oh don't make me laugh you fool. You know Nothing of what occurred with me in The Pacific, nothing. Don't make too many assumptions. I have more respect as a traitor than you will ever have, mainly because your a moronic idiot who can't do or understand anything without it being repeated specifically for him. Your a complete joke, ask anyone.

Hersfold Edit: Added Quotes for ease of reading

My response to gordonel:

Gordy don't flame me please.

Here is his reponse:

Lol
was not flaming? Your a joke.

My response to him:

Gordonel you are not helping yourself.

His response:

Congratulations, you finally mastered the spelling of Gordonel, wondered why you'd been switching between calling me Gordo and gordy.

You flamed me first. Feel free to run to the mods, heh.
----------------

I am blocking his PM's and am ending contact with him.

Hersfold Edit: Added Quotes for ease of reading.

I'd like to object to my Private Messages being posted. I'd also like to object to AA editing them - he missed a quote out of the second one. I'd like to object again to him missing out two PM's, one from myself, and one from him. Something about a smiley face and a slow clap.

AA flamed Me first. I defended myself.

EDIT: And this is in the Suggestion box..?

Oh don't make me laugh you fool. You know Nothing of what occurred with me in The Pacific, nothing. Don't make too many assumptions. I have more respect as a traitor than you will ever have, mainly because your a moronic idiot who can't do or understand anything without it being repeated specifically for him. Your a complete joke, ask anyone.

The above was a PM from Gordonel, and I responded with a smiley like this:

:)

He then sent this PM:

*Starts a slow clap*

Great comeback, just great.
:clap:
-------------

Gordonel to my knowledge I did not think there were rules about posting PM's, especially when the player posting them feels there is a moderation issue and that other player sending the PM's is flaming and attacking him.

Also, the link I posted to that thread you were flaming folks.

Hersfold Edit: Added Quotes for ease of reading.

Apparently no Mods admins thought so, as I asked them to edit it if it was to strongly worded:

Message to admins/mods: If its to harsh, please feel free to re-phrase, rather than deleting it.

Not that any of it was directed at you, who then decided to attack me, to which i responded privately

I leave it to the mods.

That should be:

Every post By you in this entire thread has been totally misguided, stupid and has obviously had no thought put into it whatsoever.

Seems a bit harsh to me. Maybe the mods deemd it ok, if so I respect the decision. They may have also missed it.

As best as I can tell, the following had been put to a vote by the admins and mods then in place just before the current Cabinet took office:

You may not post personal messages or IRC transcripts in a public area of the forum without the author's permission.

Members may post PMs or IRC transcripts (without prior permission) in appropriate areas of the forum for justifiable purposes of regional security or court evidence.

It would appear that it was left open so that the current government (with those who were newly given Mod powers as part of the official duties) could have a chance to vote. It's been two months, and no one added any input.

While I assume that Hersfold would have finalized the adoption of this as a forum rule, I think this was overlooked for some reason; although, had things proceeded normally, this would have been made binding.

For now, as a global mod, and since neither Flem or Hers seem to be available this weekend, I am going to lock this thread, and move the thread to a fourm only viewable by moderators and administrators.

While I see a basis to issue warnings to both participants, I'd rather there be input before any formal discipline is imposed in view of the fact that the rule regarding PMs and private IRC chats was never finalized.

I respect your decision Gross. I apologize for not knowing about that forum rule, and will follow it from now on.

Official Ruling

After reviewing the posts above and the referenced posts in the "Things Fall Apart" topic, I have noted the following facts:

- The first instance of rule-breaking was made by Gordonel, under the unregistered name "Gordy" (IP addresses confirm identity). He flamed Apollo-Industria, calling his posts "stupid... no thought put into [them] whatsoever". Shortly after this, Flemingovia issued a caution, presumably to Gordonel, to stop flaming.

- About an hour and a half later, Avenging Angels made a post, presumably in A-I's defense, to the effect of Gordonel being a traitor that had lost all credibility. According to Administration records, Flemingovia closed the topic from post form at 5:40 PM Eastern Time on the 14th. No warnings were issued.

- Afterward and continuing to the next day, Gordonel and AA exchanged a series of abusive PM's to each other. AA publicly complained, listing the PM's as evidence, and blocked further communication with Gordonel. Gordonel then objected to the public posting of the Personal Messages.

- Global Moderator Grosseschnauzer closed the complaint topic, reserving judgement on the grounds of a lack of defined rules.

After looking through the Moderation Forum, the rules posted above by Grosseschnauzer were indeed discussed, but elections and the change in moderation unfortunately cast the topic into oblivion. I cannot and will not persecute members of this forum for a rule that was not officially put into place.

However, messages sent on this board are still part of this board. Therefore, abusive content sent through the messaging system can be acted against if a complaint is raised. Flemingovia did issue a caution in the "Things Fall Apart" topic to stop flaming. Avenging Angels and Gordonel both continued this action both within and outside of the topic. It is standard procedure on this board to issue official warnings and appropriate moderation to those members who choose to ignore cautions. While I do commend Avenging Angels for taking on the responsibility of blocking messages and thus ending the tirade, the exchange went too far to be waived off.

Therefore, as Forum Administrator, I hereby issue a 20% warning to both Avenging Angels and Gordonel for flaming and flamebait. Normally, under the forum rules, this warning would be accompianied by a five-hour moderator preview; however, as the incident took place several days ago, and was mainly conducted via the Personal Message system, I believe that such a punishment at this time would be unfair and unneccessary. However, should either member recieve another warning (to be raised to 40%), they will recieve the appropriate moderation for that warning level. I would also encourage Avenging Angels and Gordonel to please settle their differences to prevent something like this from happening in the future, however that step is up to them.

If anyone would like to appeal this ruling, I have re-opened this topic. You may do so either by posting here or by sending me a PM. I realize that I was not present for this incident, and that I may not have all the information in relation to it. I apologize to anyone who feels they have been unjustly punished by this or any other oversight caused by my absence.

Back