Access to the Private Section

With the end of our terms coming up, I would first like to commend Flem for having the great idea of opening up Cabinet discussion. Even though we did have a private area, it was not abused and our public airings of our comical failure in being unable to find a replacement Minister of Culture and Education only proves our devotion to keeping the citizens reasonably informed. A mistake in the masking even let everyone post there for a while too!

However, I need to wonder if the private section will be opened at the expiration of our terms? There's nothing that needs to remain hidden or is currently "sensitive," but given the members who are running for re-election, the lack of any regulations from our Constitution or Legal Code, I propose to allow members of the Regional Assembly petition for transcripts if needed and for the entire section to be open to the public one year after the expiration of the term.

Thoughts, comments, torches and pitchforks, questions, and poisoned tip darts from Flem's battalion of assassins?

The threads from the previous government remain (IIRC) only viewable to the Cabinet; whilst there may not be anything of a threat to regional security there probably are things which are, shall we say, diplomatically sensitive. Personally I'd rather that there was something like a six or twelve month period after which the files are then made public.

It would probably be best to have the discussion in the RA as I think this is one thing where we should have some kind of codified procedure, whether an addition to the Legal Code or whatever.

Back