Lazarus

Haor Chall

The Power of the Dark Side
TNP Nation
Haor Chall
The new foreign minister of Lazarus has PM'ed me to ask about a MDP between us and Lazarus. Personally, I think it would be a great idea- for us more from the diplomatic and PR perspective than entirely military. If the cabinet agrees then I'll let them know and we can open negotiations.

How large is their military force?

I wouldn't mind having such an agreement with Lazarus, but my one main concern is how much we benefit from this. Lazarus doesn't have much to offer of in terms of defense - they'd have to have an enormous army to make any difference against a rouge delegate, which I'm sure they don't. Also, Lazarus is frequently invaded due to the fact that they can't ban people or PW-protect the region, and the sheer RP value of capturing the "land of the undead". We'd be called in almost every other week, getting nothing much in return.

I have been discussing the matter with Harm, and she is quite willing to the idea. There is as of yet no military and there are a few things that concern me, as Minister of Defence. Remind me, this is a private room, yes?

Yes, it is. ;)

As I did mention in my first post, there are more diplomatic and PR benefits rather than direct military benefits in this for us. The wording of the pact can take into account the potential for us to be called in too frequently- a "only of there is a serious and imminent threat to the Delegacy" kind of thing or something. Although I await what Dalimbar has to say.

I have been discussing the matter with Harm, and she is quite willing to the idea. There is as of yet no military and there are a few things that concern me, as Minister of Defence. Remind me, this is a private room, yes?
No military at all? Then how can it possibly be a mutual defense pact??

Helllooooo... Anyone else alive in here??

Some response would be nice- like whatever that info is you're talking about Dali.

well, my two cents are willing to like the idea of the pact.
as long as there is no defense military there is no need for asking , but we can help in that point, nevertheless it would not be the badest idea to be a friend of lazarus.
due to i have no voice here, this is just my opinion, and i awqait the arrival of dalim!

well, my two cents are willing to like the idea of the pact.
as long as there is no defense military there is no need for asking , but we can help in that point, nevertheless it would not be the badest idea to be a friend of lazarus.
due to i have no voice here, this is just my opinion, and i awqait the arrival of dalim!
well actually until then you're our main guy for information.

I say let's see what they have to offer, our military isn't the largest either so maybe a commitment to strengthening there's? or something. We don't seem to have a lot on them, can anyone else tell us what they're offering?

Negotiations don't seem to hurt, can we get the lowdown on what they're like and what they're offering first.

Indeed. I was wondering about whether we should look to a fuller alliance rather than just a MDP- that would potentially be of more benefit to us, I'm not too sure about Lazarus internal politics and where they sit defender/invader-wise, but its another thought.

I'm going to be away next week- I've spoken with Posul, their foreign minister, so that negotiations will begin the week after that. So that gives us time to decide exactly what we want out of this, simply a diplomatic treaty, a MDP or some kind of entente/alliance.

Sorry, you all knew I was in Mexico, right??

Anyways, Harm and I were talking, and she had no idea that this proposal to the Cab was sent... Something fishy is going on.

When my jet lag passes, I'll go on more about what she and I discussed.

Sorry, you all knew I was in Mexico, right??

Anyways, Harm and I were talking, and she had no idea that this proposal to the Cab was sent... Something fishy is going on.

When my jet lag passes, I'll go on more about what she and I discussed.

So...

Lazarus' foreign minister has just contacted me again. I'd appreciate hearing whatever it was you were going to say.

Back