Clearing out the clutter

I don't know about you guys but I'm quite excited to start enacting our platforms but I find the bunch of left over bills from the previous administration proving to be quite the dead weight.

Left over are statute of limitations, election procedures, and the colonization and annexation proposals.

My proposal advocating action in the West Pacific (which I will not pursue but at least an honest debate is continuing) and the delegate security act seem to be adrift with the debate on Speaker Term Limits, rewards for participation, and term limits continuing or incomplete.

Sorry Wiz if I'm stepping on your toes but I just want you to know that we're ready for whatever you throw at us and to the cabinet, up and at'em!

Sorry for posting in here again.. It'll be one of the last times, I swear :P

I just want to tell the Cabinet that I've read this (which is important if we are to have good communication) and to say the following:

Delegate Security Act -- Roman who proposed this has said after debate he feels it's better not to do anything.

Statute of Limitations -- I personally am still waiting for Grosse to put up a formal first draft, so this is not dead I don't believe.

Rewards for participation/Term Limits -- I will try to re-start the Term Limits thing and I won't let the Rewards issue out of my sight either.

As far as Speaker term limits, that was an idea I had to term-limit my own position but I don't believe that has been received very well. I doubt it would pass if put to a vote -- the region (perhaps correctly) is wary of Speaker turnover especially when the position requires a lot of focus.

The rest of the proposals haven't had any formal first drafts yet either.

You're a member of the cabinet, wiz - there's no reason you can't post here.

I'll make an actual post later - short on time at the moment.

Now then.

Delegate Security Act can probably be sent to the archives if Roman's lost interest. If absolutely needed, we can always drag it back out.

Statute of Limitations is probably something that we should have added initally, and is worth giving Schnauzer a kick in the rump over. (figuratively speaking...)

Rewards I still have moral issues with, and it doesn't seem like we've really gotten anywhere the times I've stuck my head in. Is uppose it should be left up for now, but you might want to start pushing it towards an actual proposal soon.

Of course, it's up to you, wizard. :2c:

INdeed, I was just thinking that same thing.

Wiz, you are a valued cabinet member. We welcome your contribution, and I hope you will post here as often as you need to.

Thank you Flem and Hers..

But uhh.. Am I a Cabinet member? :lol:

I realize I have the permission tag, but I thought that was because it was too much trouble to give the RA Speaker his/her own tag.

I don't think I should be present at Cabinet Meetings and the like, but I will post here if I need to in order to make transitions from RA bills to Cabinet decisions. And of course I'm always available to answer questions like sniffles brought up.

Hmm. Actually, after looking it up, there's nothing that specifically says you're a Cabinet Member.

Ah well, sod it all - there's no efficent way for you to properly do your job if you don't have access to these forums. So here you stay.

Back