The West Pacific

Haor Chall

The Power of the Dark Side
TNP Nation
Haor Chall
So... Here are my thoughts. Personally I think at the moment it is wisest to publically retain the neutral stance. However that doesn't mean that we cannot have a preferred outcome which we believe is in the best interests of our region.

For the moment I have sent Namyeknom as our "Special Envoy to The West Pacific" to establish a consulate or some means of comunication with both sides. Just because we wish to remain neutral doesn't mean that we can't be seen and heard, my thoughts being that in the future we might be able to host a meeting between the two sides (like the few held between the NPU/NPD- although hopefully more successful) as a neutral party.

Anyway, any further thoughts or comments?

Out of interest who do we have around who was, if you like, a "leading member" of the NPU/C who isn't currently in the government?

I strongly disagree, posturing and entertaining Eli is not in our interests. All talks that do not end with Eli's resignation from the UN will only exacerbate matters and stirr up more trouble and bitter feelings.

Using our own example, it was seen more of a stalling tactic meant to slow each side down with "good-will gestures" and nothing done about the main issues.

Though I am sure most of you know my views on the matter, in respect to the various opinions on both sides of the issue, I believe that neutrality would be most wise. However, I would also recomment perhaps a statement of disaproval to the mass ejections that begun this whole mess. Would any of you go for that, or am I alone here?

Aye, too late.

If such a statement were to have had anyeffect it should have been issued immediately.

Blame the last administration. I always do.

*Chuckles* Agreed.

Also, I assume Nem will visit both the government and the opposition boards eh. I ask that he present information to the Cabinet to further our discussions on the matter.

I hope so. I would hope also that, since he has requested a consulate on the nosync board, that he also requests the same on S8.

*Chuckles* Agreed.

Also, I assume Nem will visit both the government and the opposition boards eh. I ask that he present information to the Cabinet to further our discussions on the matter.
Flem could ask the NPIA to do some nosing about. I haven't seen Nem around much recently, and he is only one person.

mmm. Not a bad idea. I have a pretty good idea what is happening in the GIE, but precious little idea what is happening in the Triumvirate, or the Meritocratic side of things.

Dali and Flem, as I stated (fairly clearly I had thought) the idea is to be represented on both sides. I presume Nam is going by the fact we still technically have an embassy on the s8 forum. I'll speak to him anyway to check up on things. As soon as I have some more information from him I'll post it here.

Here is the PM from Nam:

Howdy,

Right I've got myself back up to speed with things in The West Pacific. I suspect there's alot going on behind closed doors (I hope so anyway), but I'm hoping to get a handle on that once I start talking to people properly.

The current situation as I see it is:

Eli's Government - While the slim line constitution in place is better than the original, it still provides the delegate with a large amount of power over legislation, and leaves them virtually un-checked when it comes to banning and the like. As yet nothing has been said about how the delegate will be decided, or if there will be a set term for Delegates. Unfortunately, the vast majority of nations currently involved are either new arrivals, or have connections with other regions.

GiE - Has reinstituted the ConCom to draw up a new constitution, and has united behind Shasoria as their figurehead. Bizarrely there is little mention of the fact they aren't actually in control of the region, which makes me think most of the serious stuff is behind closed doors.

While there are attempts at discussion between the groups, there is remarkably little, and its easier to believe that they represent two different regions rather then different sides of one.

And the recent forum handover has been put down to Eli and co creating a new one, and Lanier not wish the old one to close down. Whether this is the truth I know not.

I'm going to see about getting some sort of consulate setup in both, and I'll post a proper description of the government styles and so forth once I've got it sorted in my head. I think it may well be worth seperating the diplomatic infomation thread into two to avoid confusion.

And there is also this post here: http://s13.invisionfree.com/TNP/index.php?...topic=168&st=13

Good report. It seems to me that the GiE is trying a two-pronged approach to this: ON the one hand they are carrying on as if nothing had happened, building a third constitution which, they hope, will be adopted by the region.

On the other hand, I think a lot of negotiation is going on behind the scenes between shas and Eli.

I think this tactic is being used because they think that, basically, Eli is a good bloke who can be negotiated with. He has certainly apologised for the mass bannings etc. That is why there has been no unenedorsement campaigns or suchlike.

Different situation to the one we faced in TNP.

Looks like the attempt at compromise and negotiated settlement in the West Pacific is falling apart.

Eli:
I was going to step down after reaching a reconciliation. I think I'll just stay now. I can survive without you. I'll just rebuild a community with the n00bs. I'm tired of being called names and of the lies being told every day.

Consider this the end of Compromise. Start your war

Well then. That rather settles matters.

Just looking at that, I'd say that we might want to start leaning some support for the GiE. That statement doesn't sound overly peaceful.

But then, I'm not exactly sure what prompted this, either.

Would you be open to a statement condemning the past bannings and any future bannings while recognizing the plight of the GiE?

And trust me, this is a much watered down version of what I really want to say.

Anyone who knows my posting history in the West Pacific, as well as my history in this region, will be unsurprised that my personal symapthies lie firmly with the GiE.

But at this moment in time I would not support any moves that would compromise our neutrality, not until the GiE and Eli have exhausted diplomatic channels. Things are very sensitive at the moment and I do not wish to rocl the boat.

I agree with Flem, but there's no reason for us not to release a statement at this time anyway. Perhaps something along the following lines, I came up with this in a couple of minutes so feel free to tear it apart and grammarise it as necessary.

"The North Pacific believes in democracy, but supports the establishment of a popular government whatever form it may take, as long as it rules with the support and consent of the people of the region. We hope that the Delegate of The West Pacific will not take to ejecting nations without recourse to due process and only when the prove a threat to the security and stability of the region.

We hope that a compromise, suitable and acceptable to both sides of this conflict, is reached amicably and can be implemented to solve the internal disputes and restore The West Pacific to its rightful place within the world as a powerful and united region."

Works for me.

(And furthermore, doesn't make me hurl like what the situation has dissolved to there. It's my home region and I can't stand to be there longer than a few minutes.)

Very diplomatic, yet good to state our position. Looking at that letter, I feel that that may be the way to go.

EDIT: Second, and for.

That was posted over there last week. At the moment, both s8 and nosync are looking rather deserted- it does depend on how much is happening out of sight- but I don't see the GiE lasting for very long now.

Neither the GiE nor the WPT seem to be booming at the moment. The sooner they sort this out the better it will be for the region.

This is from Nam:

I am both shocked and annoyed at the events in our consulate on the nosync forums. The fact the admins not only allow such behaviour in a consulate, but actively participate is saddening.

My major concerns are:

The fact the original compliant was posted there. I would hope if a group or individual has a problem with The North Pacific, they would bring it to us first.

The blatant attempt to drag what was a resonable discussion, into an arguement, for no other reason that I can see than to score points.

Not only the lack of moderation by the admins, and the active participation in what most would consider flaming.

The attack that occured upon TNP nations (while in a TNP consulate!) who were attempting to resolve and calm the situation.

Should such events have occured in The North Pacific, I am sure warnings would have been used, and admins and moderators would done what they are there for (and not the opposite) and prevented the situation from getting out of hand.

On a better not, I appreciated the level headedness of everyone else involved, and especially the statements made by the GiE Foreign Minister in attempting to clear this up. Unfortuantely, it appears no manner of explainations could have prevented the current situation. I also have no problem with what I considered to be a legitimate question, as well as the manner in which it was asked.

Back