MOCE

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
Folks, in this secure area,

Looks like I need to appoint a Minister of Culture and Education.

By the constitution, this is a PM appointment, not a cabinet one, andI have my own ideas.

But before I share them, or decide, I thought I would canvass opinion. Any thoughts on who could be approached?

GBM doesn't hold any positions at the moment, does she? I think she'd do just fine.

Really, just about anyone would be ok for the job. There's very little to actually do.

Worry not, young Hersfold. I have someong thinking about it, and if they say "no" i have someone else who will take the job, although they would rather not.

I think at this point we should consider your second choice or move on to GBM.

GBM is willing to serve as MoCE if the chance is offered... at least she was two and a half weeks ago when I asked her...

Interested, I'd have to say no, although there's very little to go by... he hasn't logged into this forum for over a month now, but yet his nations show that he's logged in within the past week or so.

Paperwork, no. I've removed any RV status he had, because I didn't have anything on record for him and he never returned any of my messages asking for the info. He will have to come back onto the forums and re-register at this point.

If he isn't going to make an effort to do the requirements for the job, then clearly he at this time would not make good minister material. Before we drag this on to the end of the term and we have to do this all over again, I suggest we move on. We have taken way too long to find a MoCE, and if Thel isn't interested, we should just move on and get this over with.

Honestly, I know that none of us have consciously created this situation but if I was an outside citizen; I'd be fed up with this cabinet over this issue. I mean we've had a vacancy since election day and half way through our terms, we still don't have a minister!

I know this is just a case of rotten luck but I feel that we need to move fast, like start the vote by Thursday at the latest. Dithering is not a virtue.

Back