Petition for Possible Ban II

Article IV:
4) In the event of explicit spamming of the Regional offsite forum or the Regional civil headquarters message board at Nationstates.net, a Nation may be ejected by the Delegate without a prior referendum vote if the action is countersigned by the Prime Minister upon the posting of the offense by a registered voter, and a second to the immediate expulsion motion by another registered voter. However, the subject Nation of the expulsion action shall have the right to a post-ejection referendum vote by the registered voters of the Region on a motion to ratify the ejection. The vote shall be to ratify the action to expel, and the expulsion shall be ratified if within seven days, at least 50 per cent of the registered voters with a quorum participating, approve the motion in a referendum.

Under that authority, I hereby ask that the Prime Minister authorize the expulsion of GRA Recruiters in the event they post another recruitment ad over 15 lines in length.

Global Right Alliance has, for a third time, posted an ad that has violated our 15 line policy.

The ad is generally just over 15 lines (I don't count spaces or lines that continue a quarter way into the next line). However, it is still a violation of our rule, and they have now been warned 3 times.

I just warned the delegate of the offending region, GRA President of Northern-Chittowa, that his recruitment nation was in danger of banning.

If this nation posts an overlength ad again, I urge the RVs of the region and the Prime Minister to support such a ban. Thank you.

I would support a ban. Say, why don’t we have laws that just state that if a recruiter violates the 15 line policy the delegate has the right to ban the nation given that the proper warning have been issued and documented? Frankly, I hate red tape, the less the better.

These are those laws - they're in place to make sure the Delegate can't go rogue and claim they're acting in the name of the law.

I support this ban request.

These are those laws - they're in place to make sure the Delegate can't go rogue and claim they're acting in the name of the law

Oh, dont get me wrong, I understand why the law is there...I just think that there are better more efficient ways to do these things without putting ourselves at risk for rogue delegates...I mean lets face the music, if the delegate really wants to go off on his/her own thing no amount of laws or safety terms are going to stop him/her, besides, if its well documented there is really not much for a rogue delegate to fall back on for something to "legally" ban a nation for.

These are those laws - they're in place to make sure the Delegate can't go rogue and claim they're acting in the name of the law

Oh, dont get me wrong, I understand why the law is there...I just think that there are better more efficient ways to do these things without putting ourselves at risk for rogue delegates...I mean lets face the music, if the delegate really wants to go off on his/her own thing no amount of laws or safety terms are going to stop him/her, besides, if its well documented there is really not much for a rogue delegate to fall back on for something to "legally" ban a nation for.
:eyeroll: Would make my job a lot easier. Perhaps if one RV seconded the motion member of the cabinet or security council seconded the motion.

Because the longer the board gets the more irritating it is to read it. The problem is we can't truly ban people, so the threat is empty in most cases. You have to appeal to people's willingness to help and not harm, or just talk it off the HQ

The most effective line of argument I had when I was delegate was to say to people, "Look, if you post long ads, all that will happen is that members of TNP will decide to move your ad off the board as soon as possible. So it is up to you: a 14-line ad that will be visible for hours, or a 20 line ad that will be offscreen in a matter of minutes. "

Back