Ator People For Minister of Communications

I have decided to run for Minister of Communications.

Who am I?

My main nation is Ator People, but perhaps you've seen Exiled Atorians or Atorian Border, my other two nations. I have been involved in Nationstates since August of 2004 and I have been active in The North Pacific since the Constitutional Convention in the early summer of last year (Where I was active in helping to form the new Constitution). Prior to today, I have served various positions in regional governments:
  • Delegate and Supreme Court Justice in The Nile Delta
  • Prime Minister of The Nile River Valley
  • Minister of Culture and Education right here in The North Pacific
  • A member of the Security Council in The North Pacific
I am currently a member of the Regional Assembly here, and I am very active on this forum.

My Plans if Elected:

I believe I can accomplish a lot as Minister of Communications. I am on this forum daily, usually for a couple of hours. I will be able to perform my duties on schedule so communication can go as smoothly as possible.

Some of the things I plan to do are:
  • Publish weekly reports on TNP to be distributed to our embassies in other regions, in conjunction with the Prime Minister and Minister of External Affairs
  • Work with the Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs to welcome new-comers and make sure they have easy to understand information regarding our region and its government.
  • Post often on TNP's regional messageboard to inform nations about the happenings on this forum and in our government, since there are many nations who do not visit this forum often.
  • Work with Hersfold on TNP's Campaign Against Spam.
  • Encourage and moderate debate on regional issues.
  • Ensure smooth communication throughout TNP during my term.
What does the Constitution say about the MoC?

TNP's Constitution:
7) Minister of Communications.
A - The Minister shall be responsible for initiating, directing and moderating debates on subjects of Regional and national interest, such as legislative and Cabinet issues within the Regional Government, UN proposals and resolutions, and general interest discussions.
B- The Minister, in conjunction with the Prime Minister or the minister with appropriate jurisdiction, shall be responsible for the publication of the actions of the Regional Government, both within and outside of the Region.
C- The Minister, unless required for specified identifiable reasons of regional security to withhold specific material (as determined in each instance by a majority vote of the Cabinet), shall provide the publication if full of the records and minutes of Cabinet proceedings and debates. The vote of the Prime Minister and each Cabinet Minister in a Cabinet meeting shall be a matter of public record.

Do you have a cool animated banner I can put in my signature to support you???

YES!

communicationsbanner0gr.gif

Feel free to ask me any questions in this thread!

You certaintly sound as though you know what you're doing. Best of luck!

[size0]BTW, how did you get that animated banner thingummy?[/size]

You certaintly sound as though you know what you're doing. Best of luck!

[size0]BTW, how did you get that animated banner thingummy?[/size]
Thanks. And the banner was made with "The GIMP", a free opensource image software.

:rofl: :rofl: I really, really hope you do not know what the phrase "on the gimp" means in the slang of the town where I grew up. :rofl: :rofl:

I will ask a serious question when I recover. :rofl:

But back on topic...

I hope also to promote regional political discussion on the RMB to make it less of a target for recruiters. (thanks to Namyeknom for the suggestion)

Work with the Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs to welcome new-comers and make sure they have easy to understand information regarding our region and its government.

What do you believe would be the best approach to this plan? I noticed you also mentioned the RMB more than once - would this be included in your efforts?

Also, TNP has been the home of many a heated debate in the past. How far would you allow debate to continue if it seemed to be spiraling downhill, and what would you do when you choose to intervene?

Work with the Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs to welcome new-comers and make sure they have easy to understand information regarding our region and its government.

What do you believe would be the best approach to this plan? I noticed you also mentioned the RMB more than once - would this be included in your efforts?

Also, TNP has been the home of many a heated debate in the past. How far would you allow debate to continue if it seemed to be spiraling downhill, and what would you do when you choose to intervene?
I think newcomers need to know that we in TNP are an actual government, not just a "feeder." We have a community and we have laws. In fact, activity here is often much better than that of player created regions.

I will work with the MoIIA to telegram as many new nations to the region as we can, especially those on the message board asking for a new region to go to. In fact, I have done this many times before, though I would like to excercise this plan on a mass scale.

-------

As for the RMB, I have another plan regarding that. The regional message board is supposed to be a place for nations to discuss regional issues, not for an advertising board. I understand as a feeder, people have a right to post ads, but I also think that we have a right to treat it as a regular center of regional discussion. With more discussion there, hopefully new nations will see less ads and see how interesting TNP is. They may be pursuaded to check out the regional forum.

I hope to schedule various informal debates to take place on the RMB. Yes, they won't be recorded like on the forum, but they give nations a preview of TNP politics and perhaps tempt advertisers to avoid TNP because it would be no use to spam ads if the board were always scrolling.

-------

And on the issue of debates: I believe free speech is an important part of TNP, especially since we are a democracy. Everyone has a right to express their opinions. I will encourage regional debate on important issues and take part in such debate myself. However, I know when debate goes too far. When A) it breaches Invisionfree's Terms of Service, B) turns into a flame war, or C) is no longer "in character" and becomes filled with personal attacks, it is time to stop and calm down. Debate is healthy. Arguements and flames are not.

-------

I hope that answers your question :eyeroll:

Since I'm the only one running for MoC, I'd like to ask if anyone wants to be my deputy once I'm elected. I had a problem, if anyone recalls, last time finding a deputy for MoCE, so I'm starting early this time :P. As long as you're an RV, on the forum usually at least once a day, you should do a fine job as deputy.

Apply here or PM me if you want.

Back