Global Emigration Rights

I would like to ask that our delegate approve my proposal I recently submitted:

http://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_propos...ration%20Rights

Global Emigration Rights

A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights

Strength: Significant

Proposed by: Ator People

Description: In an effort to promote the human rights of all peoples, this resolution shall mandate global emigration rights.

DEEPLY DISTURBED: that many people are treated inhumanely in the nation in which they reside.

RECOGNIZING: the "Universal Freedom of Choice" resolution and its promotion of the freedom of choice.

ALSO RECOGNIZING: the "Universal Freedom of Choice" act does not cover an individual's freedom to chose a country to reside in.

DEFINING: Emigration as the movement of people out of their home country. This is very different from immigration which is defined as the movement of people into a country.

OBSERVING: that families and relationships are split up when people are not allowed to emigrate from the country in which they reside.

EMPHASIZING: that people should be allowed to pursue residence in another nation than the one in which they currently reside.

DECLARING: that all individuals have the natural right to leave the country in which they reside and this right shall not be obstructed by any nation.

NOW MANDATING: that all people shall be allowed to emigrate from the country in which they reside.

FURTHER DECLARING the only people exempt from full emigration rights are those who are either charged with, serving a sentence for, or under investigation of a criminal offense; minors who do not have consent from their legal guardian(s); those confined to a hospital or treatment center who are suffering a medical condition that impedes their judgement; those under a subpoena to a court; or those interned (including but not limited to prisoners of war) during times of conflict.

ACCEPTS: that this resolution has no effect on the immigration policies of individual nations.

The current debate on NS forums is here: http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?p=10195853

Back