Ator People

A medium sized country of 2,789,000,000 citizens, Ator People is located at approximately 4° north latitude and 144° east longitude. A peaceful island full of wildlife, natural resources, and (of course) politics.

There are seven provinces in Ator People. They are:
  • Anchin
  • Sucre Terrain
  • Nadroj
  • Cielian Heights
  • Werdna
  • Sable Promontoire
  • Terrain de Poisson
CLICK FOR POLITICAL MAP:

CLICK FOR A PHYSICAL MAP:

The nation has a current budget of 13,343,781,963,600.00 in Golden Coins. There is a very small, if any, defense budet normally. Military, like space exploration, has virtually no budget because it is generally paid for by cooperations who donate vast amounts of money in exchange for having their slogans on the soldiers' clothing, food, and weapons. But the nation is usally quite peaceful anyway, and war must be authorized and managed by the government itself, and surprisingly this system has worked out for a number of years. Religion is a large portion of where the government spends its money, but education takes most of the budget. Smarter citizens = smarter leaders.

The legislative branch of Ator People is the House of Citizens. This body is made up of 200 senators from the provinces of the nation. Each province is represented by five senators. They are elected locally in each province by a democratic election every four years. This body is responsible for regulating taxes, creating laws, declaring war, and signing treaties

Characters:

Senator Jacob Smith is an conservative senator serving in the House of Citizens on hist second 4 year term. He sides with the King, but has a more "pro-war" personality.
Senator Kathleen Ann is a moderately liberal senator in the House of Citizens, though she generally does not side with the king on many issues. She is also the head of the Citizens' Board of Foreign Affairs and deals with most issues regarding foreign nations.

Pacific Sugar Inc. is a large sugar company owning a good amount of land in Sucre Terrain. It also owns land all around the Pacific, and is currently sponsering the military in Ator People. It has been more than happy to please the government, and in exchange is considered the most popular sugar and candy company in the nation.

flagwave4bd.gif
smallcurrentflag4jg.gif

OOC: Any nation is free to join a RP started by Ator People, but just keep in mind this is not a military based country, though wars are possible. I'll use this thread to add more information on the country or characters, and I might announce new RPs here.

Announcing RP

Okay, this is going to be an organized RP about the invasion of the Atorian island of Anchinum, in the province of Anchin.

About the Province of Anchin:
A string of two islands, the southern most one being the main island. The north island is called Anchinae and the south island is Anchinum. When being refered to as a province they are Anchin. They were first inhabited in 1930 when a group of Spanish sailors discovered the island on their way to the main island. There they found no trace of past civilizations and decided to form their own towns. This province was not admitted to Ator People until they signed the Anchin-Ator Charter on September 20, 1984. Much debate had gone on about whether to join the union of provinces, but by a referendum they voted to join. They were the last province admitted to the union.

I'm looking for the following nations to fill positions:

Invader Country - Needs to have a moderate population (1 bil or above), be in TNP, and post often in the RP.

Head of Alliance for AP - A nation that heads an alliance to come to the aid of Ator People.

Head of Alliance against AP - A nation that heads an alliance to come to the aid of the invader nation. (optional)

Alliance (for/against) Members - A couple nations willing to play a smaller part as members of the alliance for ator people and some in a possible alliance against. (optional)

Those are the characters I'm thinking of, but feel free to suggest more here. To sign up just post :D

I'll begin as soon as a couple nations sign up to be in it.

Neither do I actually. I get around it by having cooperations in my nation "donate" the funds for the military. At least until I get around to giving it a larger state budget.

Currently up for vote is a government reform bill suggested by the King, drafted by the House of Citizens, and now up for ratification.

The proposal, called the Democracy & Freedom Effort is hoped to be a compromise to those who are opposed to the monarchy.

It would take away the king's unconditional veto. His veto could be overruled, if this law passes, with a 4/5 vote of the House of Citizens. In addition, the semi-feudal system that was in use before with dukes, counts, etc. will be greatly reformed. Dukes may now be overruled with a 4/5 vote of each provinces' new "Provincial Council" that will also be established by this bill. This council will be made up of two elected councilers from each county in each province. They can make laws, etc. as the House does in the national government. Counts also would have no power at all. They, as well as barons, would now only carry a title and the land they previousally owned outright.

This bill also unites the national military and an effort is underway to increase defense funding to get this improved national military system working.

The vote at the House of Citizens will be completed tomorrow, and it needs a 2/3 approval.

It is expected to pass.

Currently up for vote is a government reform bill suggested by the King, drafted by the House of Citizens, and now up for ratification.

The proposal, called the Democracy & Freedom Effort is hoped to be a compromise to those who are opposed to the monarchy.

It would take away the king's unconditional veto. His veto could be overruled, if this law passes, with a 4/5 vote of the House of Citizens. In addition, the semi-feudal system that was in use before with dukes, counts, etc. will be greatly reformed. Dukes may now be overruled with a 4/5 vote of each provinces' new "Provincial Council" that will also be established by this bill. This council will be made up of two elected councilers from each county in each province. They can make laws, etc. as the House does in the national government. Counts also would have no power at all. They, as well as barons, would now only carry a title and the land they previousally owned outright.

This bill also unites the national military and an effort is underway to increase defense funding to get this improved national military system working.

The vote at the House of Citizens will be completed tomorrow, and it needs a 2/3 approval.

It is expected to pass.
The bill passed and the king ratified it, showing a major step in advancing from absolute monarchy to democracy. No longer does the royal family have absolute power, and a last minute ammendment added a provision for the election of dukes by the popular vote of the citizens in their province.

Atorian Border has stated that with the passing of this bill they will come back to the Union as a territory.

Back