-
-
Pronouns
she/her
TNP Nation
Former English Colony
Discord
Erastide
New UN Resolution. Give me your UN if I can't find it easily. ;)

Voting ends Thursday, so get your vote in by Wednesday night.

Repeal "UCPL"

RECOGNISING that copyright and patent law are fundamentally different methods of protecting intellectual property;

NOTING WITH REGRET that this resolution makes no distinction between the two;

REALISING that there are profound differences in the way nations view the value and ownership of intellectual property;

BELIEVING that copyright law and patent law are such inherently complex concepts that no single resolution can formally and effectively create a universal system of UN law in this regard;

DEEPLY CONSCIOUS that the mechanism for sharing copyright described in UCPL would be impossible;

ALARMED at the cost of constructing and maintaining over 30,000 separate chapter offices in member capitals, and further sub-agencies;

REAFFIRMING the importance of global cooperation in copyright issues;

EXPRESSING ITS HOPE that nations will continue to work together in this respect;

BELIEVING that a more effective replacement for "UCPL" can be achieved:

REPEALS "UCPL".

Goalvie took away the :duh: emoticon :(

This resolution is currently up for vote in the UN.

Please post your views and stance on this resolution below. Note, however, that you must have a UN nation in The North Pacific in order for the Delegate to count your vote.

I am For this repeal.  :yes:
Dark... You have a UN in residence in TNP?
No :unsure:
I was told I didn't need one...

Are there separate rules for this too?
BAH! You feeders have too many darned rules.

Who do I have to kill to get a vote?
I didn't know you meant for UN resolutions. To vote in an election or to become an RA or RV you don't need a UN Nation. For this though, you do.

Sorry Dark. :(

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the UN Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back