Canada invaded

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
The region of Canada was invaded earlier today by a coalition of invader forces. The delegate of the region holds more than 80 endorsements at last count and was a result of a year long sleeper operation by Jakker from the Black Hawks and an unnamed sleeper from the West Pacific.

This has stirred debate on TSPs RMB, in which the Queen of Balder (one of the raider regions participating) questioned if this would have happened had The South Pacific not cancelled its treaty with the New Inquisition. Former tnper Chasmanthe was kind enough to post quotes from TSPs RMB to the RMB of Canada.

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic, I was merely conveying messages.

LWU did not participate in this one. We considered the target a little while ago and decided not to bother.

It means another happy, friendly community has learned the hard way not to trust and, thus, will never be the same again.

A very well executed operation. It seems to me that Canada made the mistake of associating with the wrong regions, and are now paying the price. Hopefully, the damage inflicted upon them is devastating.

King Durk the Awesome:
A very well executed operation. It seems to me that Canada made the mistake of associating with the wrong regions, and are now paying the price. Hopefully, the damage inflicted upon them is devastating.
Why do you hope it's devastating?

King Durk the Awesome:
Canada made the mistake of associating with the wrong regions
Just to be clear, 'associating' means 'maintaining embassies with 10KI and taking part in the Wysteria Summer Games'.
Terrible crimes, no doubt. :P

the Queen of Balder (one of the raider regions participating) questioned if this would have happened had The South Pacific not cancelled its treaty with the New Inquisition.

I doubt an embassy would've been considered enough to override the importance of Canada as target or its 'association' with 10000 Islands or other defender regions; the operation itself had been in the works long before the TSP-TRR treaty, and I'm not aware of UIAF's participation being a last moment thing.

Also, The South Pacific did not cancel its treaty with The New Inquisition.
The contrary happened.

Egalotir:
King Durk the Awesome:
Because neutrality is boring and bad for gameplay. Crush and grief them all.

Anything that is bad for gameplay is good for NS.

King Durk the Awesome:
Egalotir:
King Durk the Awesome:
I disagree if a region wants to be neutral and do things their way they have every right to do that.

Blackshear:
It means another happy, friendly community has learned the hard way not to trust and, thus, will never be the same again.
I'd like to think we're stronger than that, Blackshear.

Canada is more than just an NS region - we are a community of friends, and also representatives of a set of shared ideals. Neither of those things will change because of this.

Meanwhile, please come on over to join our "We've been invaded" party, on the RMB or on our forum. http://z8.invisionfree.com/NationStates_Canada/

Even you, Durk! :P

You guys are being pretty cynical about it. -_-

Clearly TNI is using the treaty with TRR to justify this. Another innocent region caught in the politics of imperialist scum. :P

As a former ambassador to Canada, I can assure everyone that they are anything but innocent. The things they do with that maple syrup... :tb1:

I've spent some time in Canada myself, and it is a great community. I feel bad they have been invaded, yet it's good to see they're making the best of it.

Egalotir:
So what does this mean?
It means that there will be a shortage of Moosehead and Laurentide beer! Worse than that - The Screech supply will be cut off too! ("Screech" is a boot-leg variety of Rum that comes from New Foundland, aka "The Rock").

Of course, this means the invaders will probably hole up in my vacation cabin on Lake Algonquin, Ontario and raid my liquor cabinet. I do hope they don't leave a mess. The last time they were there, they took a dump in my kitchen sink and widdled on the carpet.

Egalotir:
King Durk the Awesome:
Egalotir:
King Durk the Awesome:
I disagree if a region wants to be neutral and do things their way they have every right to do that.
The only right that this game recognizes outside of the rules is might. No rules are being broken in the raid (of course if you see any violations please report them) ergo those who have the strength to run the region have the right to it. That is TBH. We control the region by right of conquest.

TSP spat in the face of their former allies, I doubt that TNP would ever do something so devastatingly stupid SINCE WE HAVE A FOUNDERLESS ALLY TOO AND I'D BE RATHER CROSS IF Y'ALL SCREW UP MY TERM AS SEC DEF THERE.

two points:

1. There is a difference between rights and gentlemanly conduct. "I have the right to do anything," you say--but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything"--but not everything is constructive.

2. Admin note: Please keep the language under control.

Is the term for fornication forbidden in the context of using it to amplify how upset I would be? I assumed that this forum allowed such language as long as it was not gratuitous or directed at an individual.

Mall:
Is the term for fornication forbidden in the context of using it to amplify how upset I would be? I assumed that this forum allowed such language as long as it was not gratuitous or directed at an individual.
It's also a type of fastener. Maybe it was the CAPS LOCK bit that was offensive in some way. :shrug:

Back