Pronouns
He/His/Him
TNP Nation
Prydania
Discord
lordgigaice
6bfEnAS.png

So I'm back!
I'd first like to thank @Nutmeg The Squirrel for being an excellent Minister of Culture for a year. As someone who did that grind himself, I feel the burnout. I don't think Nutmeg has anything to be ashamed of, and I'm honoured to be selected to replace her.

Onward to what we'll be doing. I've initiated a review of all planned Ministry events. I can tentatively say we will keep most of what we have planned, but there will be alterations. I've been Minister of Culture more than a few times, and I want to use this opportunity to truly do things I've always sort of had plans for but which never really came together in one form or another. Before we get there, however, let's start with stuff that's staying the same.

The Pride Prom will be going ahead as planned. We're really excited about it, and I hope you all are too. We're partnering with some great people on it, so all's steady on that front.
Theme Thursday, Wordle Wednesday, and Music Monday will all be regular occurrences with the Culture staff/deputies assigned to them carrying on their roles. Nutmeg assembled a top notch team that I'm frankly lucky to inherit and I'd be a bloody idiot if I messed with what's working.

What's new? Well two things I can say with certainty right now.
The first will be to find a designated night of the week and mark it as movie night. Weekly events, in the TNP Gen Discord's VC, streamed for all to see.

The second will be tapping into a field I'm well known for in TNP. As an Advisor to the Delegate I've been doing some behind the scenes work with Radio in setting up some RP-centric NBS shows. I would like to expand this partnership between Culture and Radio with a RP podcast co-hosted by both ministries where I would have a weekly one to two hour show with a rotating panel of co-hosts talking about RP, RP issues, just the community and medium in general. My vision for it is to be less of an interview situation and more of a conversational show.

Anyway, that's my vision for the Ministry as I see it this term. I'm looking forward to working with everyone on staff, the Deputies in the Ministry, Radio, and the Delegate. Let's get to work.

-Prydania

Last edited:
Back