mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
Hello

As a citizenry, I think it’s safe to say that we aren’t always the best at acknowledging when a player has gone the extra mile for us. We can be quick to hold them accountable but sometimes forget to say thank you.

In speaking to Ghost as I was writing the latest Greitbart article, I realised how long and consistent Ghost’s service to this region has been. Whether you agree with him or not on the issue of the day, nobody can deny that he is very dedicated to The North Pacific and has given us his all.

In the absence of submitting another WA commendation, I feel it is worthwhile for the Assembly to commend Pallaith.

Draft 1:
Motion to Commend Pallaith for Exceptional Service

WHEREAS Pallaith has tirelessly served the government of The North Pacific and our regional community with unwavering dedication and commitment; and

WHEREAS Pallaith's steadfast guidance and counsel have been instrumental in shaping the course of our region's governance and policies; and

WHEREAS Pallaith has provided invaluable advice to 18 out of the last 20 governments, either as a minister or as an adviser, demonstrating his deep understanding of regional affairs and governance; and

WHEREAS Pallaith's contributions to foreign policy issues have played a crucial role in maintaining the safety and assertiveness of The North Pacific on the world stage; and

WHEREAS Pallaith's presence brings a refreshing sense of optimism to our often pessimistic or apathetic political discourse, inspiring others to engage actively in the regional community; and

WHEREAS Pallaith is one of the few individuals who have served The North Pacific with distinction in multiple leadership roles, including Delegate, Justice, and Speaker of the Regional Assembly; and

WHEREAS Pallaith's service in the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs has been exemplary, as he tirelessly worked to expand the membership of WALL and ensure the ministry operates with professionalism and efficiency;

THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that The North Pacific Regional Assembly commends Pallaith for his exceptional service to the government of The North Pacific and our regional community.

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that The North Pacific Regional Assembly acknowledges Pallaith's significant contributions to regional governance and foreign policy, and expresses gratitude for his tireless efforts in advancing the interests of our region.

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that The North Pacific Regional Assembly recognizes Pallaith's unwavering dedication and commitment to the principles of democracy, sovereignty, and community engagement, and extends its heartfelt appreciation for his outstanding service.

BE IT FINALLY RESOLVED that The North Pacific Regional Assembly pays tribute to Pallaith's legacy of leadership and service, and wishes him continued success in all his future endeavours for the region.

I don't think that I've ever seen a commendation originate from here in the Regional Assembly before, but Ghost is certainly deserving of such recognition if anyone is. This part, in particular, stands out to me as being truly impressive:

WHEREAS Pallaith has provided invaluable advice to 18 out of the last 20 governments, either as a minister or as an adviser, demonstrating his deep understanding of regional affairs and governance; ...

I hadn't realized that, so I'm glad it's a stat that's been included in the commendation itself. Suffice it to say, I support this.

@mcmasterdonia Do you intend to move this to a vote soon, or would you like to draft it further? I wouldn’t want to see this go under the radar.

Last edited:
I mean... sure. If there's anyone who's deserving of such a commendation, it's Ghost. It's nice to give people who have contributed so much a nod of respect, even if they haven't contributed more to NS as a whole enough to warrant an in-game commendation. That Ghost has that does not negate the validity of this idea.

And yet, I suppose I hesitate because I'm reminded of Ghost:s post in the 'Favorite TNP Delegates' thread. "I see a bunch of suck ups/shiny new thing fans in this thread." Not that Ghost is by any means a shiny new thing nor requires any sucking up to. It's just that creating this as an RA measure might turn the RA into a circlejerk much like the WA already feels like.

This feels like one of pretty vapid Europeian things that are a bad idea to start doing, because eventually it leads to things like venerating ratfucks like Rand.

I like the nominee, I don't like the idea of an RA commendation. Like Fiji and MJ said, I don't want this to turn into a SC/Europeia culture thing that only creates some kind of elite.

+1 on Pallaith being an excellent nominee but this seems too open-ended/vulnerable to being watered down over time.

I'm not sold on RA Commendations, no matter how deserving the nominee.

Back