Secretly here
-
-
-
TNP Nation
PotatoFarmers
Discord
Freg#0420
The Security Council has nominated Former English Colony (Former English Colony) for a seat on the Security Council. The vote for this application was 8 Ayes, 0 Nays, and 0 abstentions.

The Chair now presents his application to the Regional Assembly for its consideration.

No-brainer. Full support

Edit: I second Hulldom's motion

Last edited:
No objection to FEC as she is a great candidate. Just curious how this nomination has already made it to the RA? It appears the SC vote went live only 9 and half hours or so after the application was acknowledged by the VD. Vice Delegate @Fregerson, are you familiar with the Procedure of the Security Council?

No objection to FEC as she is a great candidate. Just curious how this nomination has already made it to the RA? It appears the SC vote went live only 9 and half hours or so after the application was acknowledged by the VD. Vice Delegate @Fregerson, are you familiar with the Procedure of the Security Council?
Regarding how the nomination went to vote within such a short span, it was because the Security Council talked about this on Discord and decided that given the circumstances of the re-application to the Security Council, there was no discussion for the application at all, so we just went straight to voting with a move to vote and a second. Therefore no discussion as defined happened and Article 2.2 did not trigger. Given that we also did not as FEC any questions, there was no minimum discussion period as triggered by Article 3.3 of the voting. Which led to the conclusion that there was no discussion period we had to fulfill, so a vote was immediately held, to which an unanimous Aye vote happened, and therefore, by precedence (and Article 2.5), we are here.

Regarding how the nomination went to vote within such a short span, it was because the Security Council talked about this on Discord and decided that given the circumstances of the re-application to the Security Council, there was no discussion for the application at all, so we just went straight to voting with a move to vote and a second. Therefore no discussion as defined happened and Article 2.2 did not trigger. Given that we also did not as FEC any questions, there was no minimum discussion period as triggered by Article 3.3 of the voting. Which led to the conclusion that there was no discussion period we had to fulfill, so a vote was immediately held, to which an unanimous Aye vote happened, and therefore, by precedence (and Article 2.5), we are here.
Standing SC nominations were removed a few years back to allow for unique discussions on all applications (including readmissions). A standard discussion period of at least a few days has been continually accepted as the norm to account for individual Security Councillor availability on these matters. Are you seriously telling me that since nobody asked FEC questions during a 9 hour period, every single member of the SC was ok with disregarding the written procedures that clearly highlight the need for adequate debate prior to voting? I'd rather not bring forth a FOIA request on this discussion and subsequent R4R but continued lack of accountability will leave me with no other choice.

Standing SC nominations were removed a few years back to allow for unique discussions on all applications (including readmissions). A standard discussion period of at least a few days has been continually accepted as the norm to account for individual Security Councillor availability on these matters. Are you seriously telling me that since nobody asked FEC questions during a 9 hour period, every single member of the SC was ok with disregarding the written procedures that clearly highlight the need for adequate debate prior to voting? I'd rather not bring forth a FOIA request on this discussion and subsequent R4R but continued lack of accountability will leave me with no other choice.
Considering you are an Administrator and can see the Security Council channel despite not being on it, you should know full well that this was my fault. I was the one who suggested that because nobody on the SC asked FEC any questions, that the clause that reads...
The minimum discussion period for any applicant is two days after they have addressed the last question posed to them by a member of the Council.
... wouldn't actually have any effect because no questions were asked. It was a literal interpretation.

Stop blaming the VD for this. Blame me.

As a long-time member of the Security Council, Siwale knows that the SC operates as much on consensus as arbitrary rules and procedures. We all knew Eras was leaving temporarily for her trip, and was coming back. We all had no thoughts or concerns or questions for her, it would be Kabuki theater. And we did rely on Sil's interpretation, because there was some wiggle room there. If you want to FoIA that, feel free, we will happily provide. But I do not know what good a R4R will do, SC procedure is not the legal code.

Please dude, enjoy your retirement.

Considering you are an Administrator and can see the Security Council channel despite not being on it, you should know full well that this was my fault. I was the one who suggested that because nobody on the SC asked FEC any questions, that the clause that reads...

... wouldn't actually have any effect because no questions were asked. It was a literal interpretation.

Stop blaming the VD for this. Blame me.
Thank you for sharing this information. While I do have technical access to the channel by default, I am not following IC matters. Knowing the various time zones and schedules the SC juggles, I’m going to guess this vote went live before a number of members even saw the application so that interpretation seems like quite the stretch. Moving forward, I would recommend that the Council amend the procedures rather than cut corners if they feel readmissions do not warrant the same duration of discussion as other applicants.

FEC, sorry to hijack your application thread! I will obviously be voting in support of such a distinguished candidate.

How is your battle with fellow cultural titan Taylor Swift for supremacy over the word “Eras” going?

How is your battle with fellow cultural titan Taylor Swift for supremacy over the word “Eras” going?
i swear ig Eras get into the dictionary in going to burn it

Back