RolePlay Moderator
-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
SteelFists failed the admin check here and appealed their rejection here. They have not been confirmed by administration to have been linked to another forum account or be using a proxy, have a resident nation that is a member of the World Assembly, and have not already had their rejection upheld by the Regional Assembly.

Pursuant to 6.1.10-14 of the Legal Code, this qualifies SteelFists to have this rejection debated by the RA and potentially overturned - at which point they would be granted citizenship contingent on continued WA residency in the region excepting participation in NPA operations.

Please ask any questions you may desire to ask of @SteelFists in this thread. This is not the appeal's official debate thread.

My first question, and the first question anyone should ask, is why are you unable to pass the admin check normally?

You failed the admin check because of a Mobile IP. Did you apply with your phone? If so, did you have your phone set to use your cell phone carrier's network or did you turn on WiFi to connect to your home network? If you connected to your home network, is your home internet provided by a mobile phone company like T-Mobile 5G, or a broadband cable or Fios provider such as Comcast Cable or Verizon Fios?

Google them if you don't who those providers are, and see if your provider is comparable to them. I don't know all the internet and phone providers all around the world.

You have first applied for citizenship on May 17, suggesting you have been in the region for quite some time. Despite not having citizenship, there are quite a number of areas such as RPing, cards, NPA/gameplay, WA, or even just chatting on the RMB, that you can be involved with with your NS nation alone. Can you share what you have done over the past 3 months, and what areas of TNP will you explore should you obtain citizenship? Provide reasons and/or examples if it assists you in explaining yourself.

Last edited:
Alright, @Sil Dorsett, I can't pass the admin check normally because my home internet is provided by T-Mobile. @Fregerson, I have been in the region for a while, and I post on the RMB a decent amount, I have joined the WA, and I have attempted to join RP but I'm still trying to figure out a spot to claim on some RP map. If it counts, I answer issues and vote in the WA frequently, and @Hulldom and @Fregerson, I plan to explore the forums more and maybe even try to get a leadership role if I obtain citizenship. @Chipoli, yes, but not immediately after, I might give it a week or two before trying.

Last edited:
RA first, and then maybe something bigger if I ever get an opportunity. Maybe I could be a speaker or admin someday?

Last edited:
RA first, and then maybe something bigger if I ever get an opportunity. Maybe I could be a speaker or admin someday?
What do you think are the leadership roles available to those in TNP?

As for RP, have you thought about joining the RP server to ask for help and advice? I don't think you're on the TNP Discord servers.
Next, what has kept up your interest in TNP? Which aspects of it do you enjoy the most?

@Former English Colony, getting citizenship means that I can join the RA, and if I'm right that's the path to getting to be a justice or a speaker. I know VD, delegate, or a minister are leadership roles but that's way out of reach as of now. The Executive Staff is also leadership.

I love running my nation and answering issues, and talking on the RMB to others. Plus this is an amazing nation for an endorsements as I've seen and heard.

I have not joined the TNP discord servers yet, because I haven't got around to it. On the RMB, Ethnon sent the link so I'm going to join it later.

Last edited:
You've mentioned the RA quite a few times now, so can you describe in your own words what the RA does, why you're interested in it, and why it's a path to leadership? And what do you know of the other roles like Delegate, VD and Minister?

@Gorundu, if I'm correct, every two months or so there is an election, where citizens can run for office and get votes from other citizens. That's how you can become a minister, justice, vice delegate, or delegate. The RA shapes the laws of TNP, like how they passed a law that citizens can appeal their rejection under certain circumstances. They also since that law, are in charge of deciding whether the rejection is upheld or overturned. I could help make TNP better than before as part of the RA, so that's why I'm interested in it, and it gives me the experience to move on to something bigger. People are more likely to vote for a nation with some experience in leadership.

Last edited:
I like your ambition! However, you got a few facts wrong. Firstly, elections are every four months, not two. Second of all, ministers are personally chosen by the delegate, not elected.

I like your ambition! However, you got a few facts wrong. Firstly, elections are every four months, not two. Second of all, ministers are personally chosen by the delegate, not elected.
Elections for Delegate, Vice Delegate, and Speaker are done in January, May, and September. Elections for Justice are done in March, July, and November. SteelFists is technically correct, but incomplete in regards to details.

I have attempted to join RP but I'm still trying to figure out a spot to claim on some RP map.
Send me a PM with details on what map you want to join and I'll help you out.

Just so you know, citizenship is not technically a pathway to becoming an admin. While participation in the community will make you stand out as a possible candidate for becoming a type of moderator, citizenship does not make a difference there. We do have RP moderators, for example, who are not even in-game residents. Your knowledge of the community standards and rules (separate from TNP in-character law) along with overall helpfulness is what is considered.

Two question I have for you are...

1. Why is being in a leadership position important to you?

2. What kind of a timeline do you think is reasonable to establish our trust in you to be a leader?

@Sil Dorsett, thank you for the information. To answer your questions, I'm passionate about eventually being in a leadership role because when my friend introduced me to NationStates and TNP, at first I was skeptical but I ended up having a lot of fun on NS and in TNP. Being in a leadership role, no matter what it is means I could help make TNP even better than it is already, like how you guys better the region by passing laws like the ability to appeal and overturn the rejection of citizenship applications. Helping make TNP better is like my way of saying thanks for the fun times, if you know what I mean.

As for question 2, I don't really know but I know it's not going to be a short process. Maybe a year or two? I'm willing to wait and eventually prove myself.

Thank you for your responses so far, and I've really appreciated them. It's good to see that you're patient about the process and trying to learn. As others have said, you can definitely brush up a little bit more on your knowledge, but I'm confident you'd get there quickly! Other than that, I would really recommend the Executive Staff as another way to dip your toes into TNP government, since the RA activity can fluctuate a bit and isn't always the best place to make yourself stand out.

Hi, quick question? I got a telegram from Madjack saying I was a citizen now but I'm still a resident? Am I a citizen?
My apologies. It seems a clerical error has occurred, though I could've sworn I added you to the citizens group. I'll do so now.

Back