TNP Nation
Kaschovia
Discord
kaschovia
del_seal.png

Opening Address
January 2024

To my fellow North Pacificans,

I am incredibly honoured and grateful to have been entrusted with the position of Delegate for a second term. To everyone who showed their support and believed in me to serve this office once more, thank you. To @Chipoli and @AraFuttio, congratulations on winning the Vice Delegate and Speaker races respectively, I believe both positions are in good hands for the next four months and I look forward to seeing what you will accomplish. Commiserations to the candidates who did not get the result they wanted: your participation in this election is what makes our democracy so strong and all of you should keep going for those positions, keep working on your ideas and make them heard when the opportunity next arises. The North Pacific has wonderful qualities in its ability to encourage and trust those who bring new ideas and energy to the region, so never count yourself out.

It’s been a challenging term, but we’ve made some tremendous progress in many different areas. Rebuilding our regional infrastructure remains a dedicated and channelled effort, our military is reinvigorated with all of the ambition and fervour of the war, and our ministries know they can achieve their goals, even exceed them, over the next four months. In my last opening address, I emphasized how pivotal of a moment our elections had come at. Now, I emphasize this even more, especially with the challenges that await us in staying the course that we’ve charted. As long as we stay realistic in our discussions and goals for the future, I have absolutely all the confidence in the world that things will continue to get better.

Let’s take a look at the cabinet I have chosen for next term:

Minister of Defense - @Robespierre

Robespierre has proven himself a capable military leader both formerly as Minister of Defense in previous administrations and presently as a member of the NPA High Command and General of the Militia. His dedication to our success is clear and his leadership abilities are exactly what the NPA needs for the next four months. Not only do I have great confidence in him to pursue the goals I laid out in my campaign, I also have no doubt that he will formulate his own ideas and lead our military onward into an era of unprecedented strength and expansion.

Minister of Foreign Affairs - @Comfed

Comfed has proven his worth in the diplomatic arena through his service last term as Minister of Defense, where he successfully applied his knowledge of military affairs to an international working context and coordinated joint operations with our allies. Beyond that, he is an insightful and informed participant of discussions on matters of Foreign Affairs and brings an air of sensibility and character wherever he goes. Comfed is both reliable and competent in measure, and I really do look forward to working with him in Foreign Affairs over the next four months.

Minister of World Assembly Affairs - @Simone

Simone is an experienced and professional figure in both the ministry and in the wider World Assembly scene, having successfully overseen the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs since early November, and served in exemplary fashion as a Deputy Minister before that. He is reliable and manages the ministry leadership team well. I fully trust Simone to take the ministry forward, achieve the goals we've set, and continue to prove to the world that The North Pacific is a shining example of performance and capability in the World Assembly.

Minister of Culture - @Nutmeg The Squirrel

Nutmeg is someone who I think most deserves backing from the community to improve in their position and realize their potential in Culture. We got a lot of wonderful things done last term in Culture and Nutmeg was absolutely a major part of that. I am assured, as I believe he is, that we know why and where some things fell behind last term in regards to engagement and activity, and that as one of the newest members of our community on the cabinet, my confidence in him remains to show us what he is capable of and continue to improve in his capacity as Minister of Culture.

Minister of Home Affairs and Lead Gameside Advocate - @Lionsmeow

Lionsmeow remains one of the hardest working members of our government in his capacity as Minister of Home Affairs and Lead Gameside Advocate, taking on a plethora of responsibilities and projects alongside his deputies. We have quite a diverse set of goals for Home Affairs next term, from revitalizing rewards programs to implementing vital new recruitment infrastructure, but I believe Lionsmeow is both determined and capable enough to direct the efforts of the staff towards those goals and see them through to completion.

Minister of Communications - @Halsoni

With Robespierre moving over to Defense in place of Comfed, I am delighted to introduce our new cabinet member, Ruben. His passion for our publications is clear and he is a great source of energy and ambition within the ministry. He is remarkably good at keeping track of our progress on various projects, and is a proactive member of Communications already. Our long term visions for the different publications align, and I know he is prepared to do the work to make things happen.

Ministers, I request that you all take your oaths! Also, in addition to this cabinet, I am hereby appointing @Pallaith as an Advisor to the Delegate. I massively appreciated his presence and experience as Minister of Foreign Affairs last term, and while he takes a step back from that position, I am grateful that he can continue offering such experience and insights in another role I have no doubt he will serve impeccably.

As a final note, I just want to say that the opportunity to serve as Delegate of The North Pacific in these first four months has been the best period of my time on NationStates, not only because I can try to make good things happen and improve our region, but because of every single one of you. I've known this community for what will be a decade in two short years, and in many ways I have grown as a person alongside it, which for me makes every challenge and every second of hard work worth it. I'll be taking that sentiment into next term and into every moment I am here, regardless of what we come up against. We have a lot of important work to do, barely any of it simple or easy, but I believe in all of us to pull together and show the world what it means to be a part of The North Pacific.

Toward greater horizons we go.

SENP0gN.png

Delegate

Back