Midterm Address March 2023

Wymondham

TNPer
-
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello again fellow Citizens of The North Pacific,

The profile of the Minister of Foreign Affairs is alternatively exceedingly high profile and utterly anonymous. While the Minister may influence said profile to some degree via the signing of new treaties, that which brings the Minister to the forefront of everyone’s minds is some crisis in the region’s foreign relations which is brought on by forces internal or external. For while very few will see the successes of a minister who successfully negotiates crises in private, or snuffs them out before they explode onto the public scene, all bear witness to a crises which has stormed into the public consciousness.

I am privileged to report that, as of this message and touching wood, that there have been no major external crises which have engulfed the North Pacific in recent months. I will leave it up to you to decide whether that is because of masterful negotiations in DMs and Group Chats, or simply because of fortunate happenstance. There have been negotiations held with various parties around the potential for deeper cooperation, and the restoration of certain ties which lapsed in years past. I look forward to updating the Regional Assembly as and when those talks reach a suitable conclusion.

I have also had a chance to reflect on the inner workings of the ministry and I am excited to announce the result of said reflection. While the Diplomat corps have been a valuable asset to the region, I feel that advances in technology and communications platforms in the decade/s since the diplomatic corps was implemented, and fundamental changes in the way in which regional leaderships communicate in recent years have rendered certain functions obsolete. While I will be conducting a more in-depth review of the entirety of the diplomatic corps functions over the remainder of my term,I have come to the conclusion that the function of distribution is not something which requires individual work any longer. Both the decline in usage of forms and improvements in Discord means that the function of diplomatic distributions can be accomplished with a simple Discord announcements channel and regions subscribing to that channel. Therefore that is the system TNP will be using for distributions thus forth, with the last distributional act of the ambassador corps being to inform all of our friends and allies of this change over the coming days.

For the remainder of the term the diplomatic corps will be focusing their efforts on keeping the ministry appraised of any ongoing in their region, with more regular reports. This is an interim approach and will be followed by a wholesale reevaluation and reform of the Foreign Affairs ministry to ensure that we become an agile, responsive and effective ministry in peak condition heading into Frontiers and Strongholds!

Last edited:
Back