A rocket has landed. A dog is inside.
-
-
-
TNP Nation
Xagill
Discord
Rocketdog
With some of the template urls being wrong in the last few days, and templates being nearly one year old, I thought that we can update both the links and possibly the content of these templates.

Templates claimed, but incomplete:
  • Issue Answerers for the Executive Staff: Yukkira
  • Issue Answerers for RP: Atlae
  • RMB Posters for Discord: abc

?Deropia: Forum Mentor PMs/TGs-> status/location unknown to me (Isimud)?

Completed templates: [All links, urls, etc., have been verified]
  • WA Voters for WA Ministry: BMWSurfer
  • Issue Answerers for WA: BMWSurfer
  • WA Voters for Endotarting: BMWSurfer
  • WA Voters for Citizenship: Isimud
  • New Foundings for the Forum: Isimud
  • WA Endorsers for NPA: Isimud
  • RMB Posters for FA: Brendog

Please view the following single posts for the proper formatting:
Note: Everyone please remember that the %NATION% macro must be used with 2 or more nations only, otherwise it doesn't work and makes a mess, so you'll need to modify the TG for single nations, as necessary.

If you want to make a new template that you think will help recruitment, feel free to comment and it may be approved.

Edit (Isimud): Massive edit. I've taken over the OP, Brendog. Apologies.
Edit 2 (Isimud): 11 extraneous posts split from this thread and archived for purposes of clarity.
They may be found here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9158387/1/
E3: added stuff.
E4: Oh, well.

I'll be doing RMB Posters for discord - so that's why it's not in the list :)

Seeing as how I wrote the RMB posters for FA template, I'll take that one and rewrite it a bit.

If no one else wants it, I can also take issue answerers for RP as well.

Brendog:
With some of the template urls being wrong in the last few days, and templates being nearly one year old, I thought that we can update both the links and possibly the content of these templates.
I'm always glad to provide an excuse for HA to do more work.

WA Endorsers for the NPA

These 2 I've previously done:
New Foundings for the Forum
WA Voters for Citizenship

I'll post the updated templates as edits to this post for review before using them.

Edit: here they are.
Edit 2: suggestions from Malphe and "Bluie Gamer" (whoever that may be, from discord) incorporated.
Edit 3: I owe an apology to Bluie Gamer for the above comment. Her/his discord name is the same as his/her forum name.
E4: More corrections.

I'm developing an acquired taste for my own unwashed feet.

New Foundings for the Forum Template:

Code:
[i]Hello there[/i], %NATION%!

I noticed that you founded in our region. Congratulations! I hope you are enjoying NationStates (NS) and being in The North Pacific. You are fortunate to have been founded in a region that gives you so many opportunities, but there is more that you could have access to. 

[spoiler=Opportunities on the Forum]

The North Pacific (TNP) has a forum, which allows you to get more involved in our region. On the forum you can apply for citizenship, join the North Pacific Army (NPA), join the Executive Staff of TNP, and get involved in role-playing. 

Citizenship will allow you to vote in the Regional Assembly, the legislative body of TNP, and run for regional offices such as Delegate, Vice Delegate, Speaker of the Regional Assembly, and Court Justice.

Joining the NPA will allow you to go on missions to defend The North Pacific and our allies as well as act as TNP's main military force.

Our ministries are always looking for new members to the executive staff and you can choose the ministries that you want to be involved in.

The TNP forum has a very active role-play department and you can do almost anything with your country while role-playing.

[/spoiler]

So why wait?

[spoiler=Important Links]

You can register and create a profile on the TNP forum here: 
[b]http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/index/[/b]

To apply for citizenship, go to this URL and follow the instructions in the first post: 
[b]http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9145386/1/[/b]

If you are interested, join the North Pacific Army (NPA) here: 
[b]http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9145375/1/[/b]

You can access the role-play sections of our forum here: 
[b]http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/forum/3024521/[/b]

[/spoiler]

If you have any questions about anything, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your time and attention,

[nation=noflag]Your Nation Here[/nation]

WA Endorsers for the NPA:

Code:

I have noticed that you are an active endorser and I wanted to reach out to you and talk to you about the North Pacific Army (NPA).

[spoiler=What is the NPA?]

The NPA is The North Pacific's military force, and it is currently one of the largest in all of NationStates, including those of the other game-created regions (GCRs).

The NPA participates in both raiding and defense operations, and so we are involved in a wide variety of missions including: tags, detags, refoundings, liberations, hold missions, support missions, and much more.

The NPA holds training exercises and formal operations on a weekly basis, and, on top of that, the NPA has displayed the ability to deploy more than 20 troops in operations. This makes the NPA one of the most active and experienced military forces in all of NationStates.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Joining the NPA]

I want to invite you to become part of this elite military organization and represent TNP at home and abroad by joining the North Pacific Army. The only requirement for joining the NPA is that you have a World Assembly nation in The North Pacific. Upon joining, we will assign you a military rank, and you will start training with the most experienced commanders and most friendly troops in all of NationStates.

The NPA has two active branches to accommodate everybody's needs with a Special Forces corp for players that are online and active during update times and an Auxiliary Force for less active players who can still serve as backup troops.

[/spoiler]

So what are you waiting for?

Joining is simple and easy. All you have to do is register on our forums at: 
[b]http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/index/[/b]

To apply for citizenship, go to this URL and follow the instructions in the first post:

And then apply for membership in the NPA right here: 
[b]http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9145375/1/[/b]

[/spoiler]

Registering on the forums and applying for citizenship and NPA membership takes less than 10 minutes of your time.

The NPA continues to grow by the day, and we want [b][u]you[/b][/u] to be with us as we expand and continue to dominate NS as the best military force.

If you have any questions about the NPA, joining our forums, becoming a citizen, or anything else, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Looking forward to seeing you on the forums,

*If you're not interested in the above, you're welcome to keep your WA here in TNP. Just make sure to endorse our delegate [nation=short]Siwale[/nation], to help bolster our presence in the World Assembly and keep TNP secure. 

Thanks!

WA Voters for Citizenship Template:

Code:

I've noticed that you are an active voter in the World Assembly. It is great that you have a say in which proposals will effect nations on the global scale, but wouldn't it also be nice to vote on legislation more specific to our region?

By becoming a citizen of The North Pacific, you can do just that! Citizenship allows you to draft, debate, and vote on proposals in the [url=/page=dispatch/id=842823]Regional Assembly[/url]. It also makes you eligible to hold a government office, vote in elections, and more. 

Sounds like a pretty important role, right?

I hope to see you around the forum! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your time and attention,

Notes: I changed very little of the TGs body of text, so any suggestions for improvements would be welcome. I'd also like to see what modifications that you have made to yours, as well.

• With regards to the WA Endorsers for the NPA template, new templates will have to be created with every Delegate change, unless there's some method of updating that automatically, such as by a
    means similar to the use of the macro used below.
  • The BBCode that I used in modifying the above templates can be found in the NS FAQ under the Technical subheading.
  • One particular piece of code I wanted to mention specifically is that mass TGs support personalization via the macro [bgcolor=lightblue]%NATION%[/bgcolor], which, when used in the body of a TG, expands into the name of the nation reading it.
    Please note that this macro only functions properly if sent to 2 or more nations simultaneously.
  • I test drove the modifications (as TGs, rather than actual templates) by sending them to a couple puppets. I had a few formatting issues, but those were likely due to my use of archaic versions of IE, Firefox, and Windows Notepad. However, you may wish to do the same before creating any actual templates.
  • Double-checked all the URLs, links, etc., again, as well.

RMB for FA

Code:
Hello there, %NATION%!

I noticed that you are an active poster on our Regional Message Board (RMB). The RMB is an excellent in-game feature to help nations in our region get to know each other. Another great feature is the ability to have embassies, letting us talk to people in other regions.  

We regard embassies as a sign of diplomacy in The North Pacific, and we have diplomats represent us in those regions! Among the duties of the diplomats are to represent the coolness of our region and interact with the natives regularly.  

Find out more information about the Diplomatic Corps and our other ministries [url=/page=dispatch/id=842834]here[/url]
So what are you waiting for? Join the Diplomatic Corps today! 

[list]
[*]You may apply for citizenship in TNP here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7306731
[*]You may apply for membership for the executive staff of the ministry here: forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7198621
[/list]

[/spoiler] 

If you have any questions, please let me know! 

Hope to see you there, [nation=noflag]YOUR_NATION[/nation]

Edit (Isimud): minor alterations incorporated.

I'll take Issue Answerers for Exec... slightly fitting since I went from Staffer to Minister in less than a year...

Yukkira:
I'll take Issue Answerers for Exec... slightly fitting since I went from Staffer to Minister in less than a year...
Wow. You tell that to everyone.

I no longer feel special.

Ok I updated the WA voters for MoWAA template with some changes

Code:
Hey there, %NATION%!

I noticed that you are an active member in the World Assembly (WA). The WA is a great part of NationStates that allows nations to propose and vote on legislation that affects the thousands of nations with WA membership. But this isn't the only way to influence the World Assembly.

The North Pacific (TNP) has a Ministry of World Assembly Affairs, which allows nations in the region to impact the vote of our delegate, [nation=short]Siwale[/nation]. Because the delegate with the most endorsements receives more votes in the WA, this can sometimes swing a resolution to pass or fail on it's own. Not only that, but it influences the vote of other members of TNP and other regions as well.

The ministry can also review legislation you wish to propose, and can even sponsor your proposal. Sponsorship includes approval and voting campaigns, which are helpful tools in getting your resolution passed.

You can also join the World Assembly Legislative League (WALL), a coalition of several big regions dedicated to ensuring good legislation passes. By joining our ministry and WALL, you can help direct thousands of votes which can be vital to ensuring legislation passes.

Now, you don't need to have membership in the executive staff of the ministry to participate in discussions or our regional vote on resolutions, but it gives you access to early discussions and doesn't cost you anything but a minute of your time to sign up.

[list]
[*]You may apply for citizenship in TNP here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7306731
[*]You may apply for membership for the executive staff of the ministry here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7198621
[*]Take a look at current ministry happenings here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/forum/39609/
[/list]

[/spoiler]

Join the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs today, and see how you can make a difference!

Thank you,
[nation=short][/nation]

Testing across different browsers with some puppets of mine revealed that the spoiler text never changed for me no matter how many line breaks I put. Not sure if im just not understanding something or if thats normal. Added the %NATION% macro and the nation tags at the bottom.

What about a new template for nations that have recently moved into the region?
None of our TGs currently cover those.

Noted. I know you've been very busy, so mucho gracias.

That's the last one unclaimed, folks.

Thanks to all for putting up with me being an ass about this.

WA Voters for Endotarting:

Code:
Hey there, %NATION%!

I noticed that you are an active, voting member of the World Assembly (WA). The WA is a great part of NationStates that allows nations to propose and vote on legislation that affects the thousands of nations with WA membership. But this isn't the only way to influence the World Assembly.

Unlike many other Game Created Regions (GCRs), The North Pacific encourages active endorsers and has no limit for endorsements (as long as you have less than the Vice Delegate). Maintaining a high endorsement count not only helps ensure the security of The North Pacific (TNP) as a whole and the amount of influence we have in the WA, but also lets you rank in the top of the world for endorsements, and get to know other nations better through exchanging endorsements. Not only that, but through the WA Development Program, you can receive awards for keeping high endorsement counts.

Using our endorsement tools, you can quickly and easily endorse everyone!

More on the benefits of keeping high endorsement counts: 
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=338372

Generate a list of nations in TNP that you haven't endorsed yet: 

[b]http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/pages/endorse/[/b]

[/spoiler]

Actively exchange endorsements in TNP and challenge yourself to see how many endorsements you can give and get.

Thank you,

[nation=short]Your Nation[/nation]

Issue Answerers for WA

Code:
Hey there, %NATION%!

I've noticed you've been answering your issues very regularly. What if you could vote on issues that affect all nations in the world?

In the [url=/page=un]World Assembly (WA)[/url], you can! You get to vote on, and even create your own, proposals that cover a wide range of issues. Proposals that pass are applied to all WA nations.

Being in the WA also means you can top world and regional rankings, win awards, become influential, and many more. You can [url=/page=dispatch/id=338371]click here to read all about why to join the WA[/url].

Joining the WA is easy and only takes about two minutes.

[spoiler=How to join the WA]

Step 1: Make sure you have a valid email address listed under [url=/page=settings]Settings[/url].

Step 2: [url=/page=un]Click here to go to the World Assembly page[/url].

Step 3: Click 'Apply to Join' underneath the World Assembly logo.

Step 4: Go to your email and look for an email from the World Assembly. ([i]Please note: If it's not in your inbox, it might be in your spam.[/i])

Step 5: Click on the confirmation link and then click the confirm button.

You're now part of the WA and can participate in all the exciting aspects of it!

[/spoiler]

I hope to see you in the WA soon. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
[nation=short][/nation]

I added bluies hacks for spoilers to the first one, the second one already had them. I didnt really change the second one at all except adding the NATION macro and nation tags at the bottom. If you have any suggestions im more than happy to change them.

On another note, we now need to change every template that has the delegate in it from Gladio to Siwale. Any volunteers? Completed.

E2 (Isimud): formatting changes to WA Voters for Endotarting template.

Isimud made it aware to me that I never posted the Issue Answerers for RP template like I was supposed to, so here it is:

Code:
Hello there!

First of all, I hope that you're finding NationStates to be an entertaining game so far. I’ve noticed that you’ve been answering your national issues consistently. One of the cool things about issues is that you can shape your nation to be whatever you want, to fit your own values or to create a dystopian world, and to be the leader of a country that you helped build. But that is not all there is to NationStates when it comes to nation building.

Did you know that the region you are in, The North Pacific, has countless of nations like yours that build into interesting and fantasy lands? Well, we are not just isolationist islands that ignore each other; instead, we look at each other and we envision the possibilities that we can create with a group.

The North Pacific has an active role-play department where players can interact with each other’s nations. In addition to claiming land on the The North Pacific regional map, you could sign treaties, declare wars, exchange ambassadors, and do many other things. You could build up a specific type of government, and then go on to develop its national leaders. You could create a culture for your citizens, write the history of how your nation was founded, and/or cover current events in your nation as they happen. Simply put, the sky (or the universe) is the limit when it comes role-playing.

You can easily establish a profile for your nation and start role-playing today by registering on our forums at: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org

While you are it, feel free to apply for TNP citizenship here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9145386/1/

And most importantly, once registered feel free to view the role-play section of our forum here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/forum/3024521/

If you have any questions about joining our forums or anything else, please do let me know. 

Thank you,

[Your Name]

Back