Hello from Altonova

Ko and Kai
*Ancient texts, long lost, have been rediscovered and translated.*

"The stars opened and out of Mother's hand, we sprung forth.

Her brilliant light was warmth to some and pain to others.

Father took pity and shielded the pain away but not forever.

Mother wept for her children and blessed us all with a new home, away from the pain.

Domain."

Ko and Kai are the names of the binary stars that once existed long ago in a distant galaxy. Ko was very bright and radiant but this radiance often came in painful and deadly amounts to those with weak skin. Kai was the larger and cooler star that, when eclipsing Ko, would block the harmful rays from the Altonovan home-planet. However, this could not last forever so the ancient Altonovan Empire sent out its people in massive ark ships to find a new home. Many did not find it. The ship that made it to Earth crashed into the massive Pacific Ocean and the occupants scattered to adapt and survive.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
The Races of Altonova

When the Altonovans arrived, there was no difference among them. They all possessed pale skin, with completely black eyes. A few decades after and a great war sprung up, the reason lost to time. After centuries of fighting with highly advanced underwater warfare, the losing side decided to retreat into the underwater caves. There, they used a machine that can only be described as a "gene twister", to convert themselves into strong beings with pitch black skin and white eyes. They called themselves Sanyans.
When they re-emerged from their caves, their enemies discovered that death did not come swiftly. The Sanyans could take many wounds more than the average Altonovan. To counter this, the remaining, untwisted Altonovans used their gene twisters to replicate the effect of the Sanyans but since there was no basis to go off of, there were slight subtleties that were off, such as possessing red skin opposed to the black and instead of resistance to wounds, they received longevity. This new "race" refer to themselves as true Altonovans but this is not true as many still possess their pale skin, much like the originals. The original Altonovans call the Redskins, Kayitesi. Of course the Kayitesi detest this and call the pale members of their people the Gen.

So to recap, there are three "races" or "ethnicities" of the Altonovans: The Black skinned, white eyed and resistant Sanya, the Red skinned and long living Kayitesi, and the White skinned, original Altonovans.

Few outsiders have come and intermingled with the Altonovans but outside cultures have deeply influenced Altonova. The ancient names are lost. The alien feel that came to many when addressing outsiders no longer exists. Essentially, the Altonovans consider themselves human, the same way Asians and Africans are human but difference races. The arrival of Altonova resulted in the addition of three more races.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Who am I as Leader?

I am Antonio Sokolavin. As a descendant of the Kayitesi, I possess blood red skin. My eyes shine like black marbles due to my Sanya blood from my mother. I rule with an iron fist, ensuring that my people can live their lives without worries of outside involvement. I rule from Gen, the artificial island built by the originals, hence the name.. On top of the island stands the Spire, my home and headquarters for all stations of the nation. In the shallow waters surrounding the island, a sprawling underwater city resides. Altonova's population resides completely under the waves of the Pacific.​

Welcome! You seem interested in roleplay. If so, you would want to go here

If you want to apply for citizenship/participate in one of our ministries/ join the North Pacifix Army, you can find those links in my signature.

Mystery Player has a good point. I think you'd really enjoy RP. You can also apply for citizenship to be able to do more and become a member of the Executive Staff. There's no lack of stuff to do in TNP!

Back