Standardised Greeting Thread

Caligula

TNPer
Hello TNP. I'm new to NationStates and my nation is called Southeast Caligula. Endotarting in progress if you're interested.

IRL I work in the charity sector and I'm from Scotland - which has been politically interesting over the last 2.5 years with 2 parliamentary elections that involved major upheaval and 2 referenda (Scottish independence and Brexit). I'm a centre left sort of guy - I believe the state needs to be active in supporting its citizens, especially the vulnerable, but that an effective capitalist economy is the best way to generate the resources needed to do that. I'm socially liberal - pro-choice, equal marriage, positive about immigration etc etc. These are also the principles I'm using in the game. IRL they line me up with the Scottish National Party and/or the Labour Party (before their current meltdown in the hands of a controversial leader). Between Brexit and Trump I'm pretty politically depressed right now, so why I'm taking up a political game is unclear.

Once I've learned the ropes I'd like to get involved in stuff - it's probably too early to say what, but I've applied for citizenship and a role in the auxiliaries.

Luckily, Nationstates isn't as crazy as real-life politics. No Brexit or Trump situations here :)

On a gameside note, welcome to the region! If you want to gain citizenship (highly advised), among other things, there are some important links in my signature which you can check out.

Back