[Complete][At Vote]Liberate Kingdom of Ireland

Abbey

TNPer
Category: Liberate
Target: Kingdom of Ireland
Proposed by: Grezantime
Onsite Topic

World Assembly,

Noting the region of Kingdom of Ireland's numerous relationships with other regions including embassies;

Citing the World Factbook Entry imposed by the raiders, instructing members to "move a W.A. puppet to Kingdom of Ireland and endorse Indian Russia as well as all regional officers, immediately";

Observing that Kingdom of Ireland was recently invaded and its numerous embassies closed without stating reason, as well as the expulsion of the regional natives;

Believing that it is the intention of the raider groups to take permanent control of the region;

Concerned that there is a high probability that a password will be placed upon Kingdom of Ireland, effectively eliminating all chances for natives to return and regain control;

Resolved to prevent further damage from occurring;

Hereby Liberates Kingdom of Ireland

Please vote for, against, abstain, or present.

The proposal to liberate the Kingdom of Ireland is premature. It will still be a couple of weeks before the raiders are able to establish a password, and months before they are able to evict all the natives and threaten to refound the region. We do not expect the raiders to maintain their presence for that long.

Let it be known that we condemn the actions of The Black Hawks and their efforts to inflict harm on a vibrant and active community, and we wish for control of the region to be restored to the natives in prompt and secure fashion, but let it be done through means other than a Security Council liberation first if possible, as a liberation may further endanger the region as we nearly saw with Eternal Scholars if a repeal comes to vote.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote against the resolution.

Against.

This is way too premature. There is no password on the region, and the influence situation is such that it's very unlikely one would be imposed.

It's good that a new author created and submitted a draft. But this seems like a pointless liberation that we will have to repeal in a week or two, without having averted any real risk in the meantime.

If anything, should the liberation pass and then a repeal not be possible, we will be leaving the region more vulnerable than it currently is.

Against. It's important to note these Liberations are double-edged swords. It's best not to propose them willy-nilly whenever a region is raided.

I have to say, I did learn quite a bit from r3n and Darcania over Discord. Now that I know the mechanics behind influence and delegate-imposed passwords, I think I'll be a bit more picky with my votes. There's still a good 2 weeks left to take the region back before having to worry about liberations. Let's give the defenders a chance.

Against.

Needless proposal, it would take months for any actual attempts to truly harm the region are viable and the Hawks won't commit to such long term actions.

Against.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back