(OOC) International Organization for Humanitarian Aid

Just a heads up that you linked the Neutrality of The Rose League thread with the OOC link in the IC post.

I responded IC as the leader of Les Chevaliers Hospitaliers D'Essling. This is an IC established organization within the Empire that is vaguely a similar idea to the Knights Hospitaller except secular, etc., today operating as a modern charitable organization for humanitarian aid. I was hoping that they could join the IOHA as the Lancerian Empire's Blue Shield Agency, retaining its names and customs. I explained it in the IC letter probably slightly more in-depth.

Thanks!

Thanks for catching the broken link... It's all fixed now.

@Yrkidding, I had not set up the IOHA to support what you are proposing as I had viewed the Blue Shield Agencies as a separate humanitarian aid relief group to others that may be present in the country (similar with how you have both the American Red Cross and the Salvation Army present in the United States). Having said that, I'll read over everything you wrote once I've had some coffee. At best, I'll probably accept on the grounds of writing a new chapter / provision for guidelines behind pre-existing humanitarian aid groups and how they may work with the IOHA.

It doesn't matter or anything, but Blue Shield is an RL humanitarian organization. Just so you're aware. http://ancbs.org/cms/en/about-us/about-icbs

Quite a popular one on NS, actually, thanks to the work of a couple of prominent NSGers. They're currently winning NSG's annual peace prize competition.

Imperium will not be participating in the Blue Shield organization, but the Medical Service will seek out affiliate/observer status on an agency basis.

@The Grim Reaper... thanks for the heads up about something I had no idea existed... always nice to learn something new.

Just wanted to say thanks for being so accommodating with Les Chevaliers. Did a little news story about it in the local news thread as well, should also give you a little bit of bonus advertising.

Back