RolePlay Moderator
-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
This thread is deprecated. Please see the new Eras Map Claim Thread.
Map Update | 8/21
Map (Jumpshare) - Always Up-to-Date
Map as of 8/21 (Imgur)
-----
Nameless Map (Jumpshare) - Always Up-to-Date
Nameless Map as of 8/21 (Imgur)

Claim Rules:

Rule 1: Adding a Claim- Draw out your claim/provide a cropped image of the area you want, uploaded on imgur or a similar site like Jumpshare). No photobucket or imageshack because fuck that noise. Please make sure to post your claims in spoilers, or as links.

*Rule 1 Note A: If your Claim Image cannot be directly transferred to the map (same scale) you forfeit the ability to get the claim exactly as you like, and agree to cartography using artistic license in adding your claim.

*Rule 1 Note B: The Cartography Staff and ONLY the staff has the power to accept and deny claims, any claims that have overlap the STAFF will deal with. Any individuals caught trying to go around Cartography to pressure other claimants into changing theirs will be subject to immediate forfeiture of the contested area.

Rule 2: Nation Sizes- Don't claim huge amounts of space. 172K pixels max per person, equal to a maximum of 688,000 km2. Remember that the map represents an area that is similar in size to North America & Europe. Each claim is decided on a case-by-case basis and we reserve the right to reject claims we view as too large relative to the nations around them.

-Rule 2a: Second Nations- A Maximum of two nations may be claimed by each person (with review and approval of cartography). A secondary nation may be a maximum of 75,000 pixels (300,000 km2). In the event of a dispute between a first nation and second nation claim, the first nation will get priority.

Rule 3: Land Additions- No additional land masses or islands unless you have a damn good reason (Or it’s pretty enough to look at). If you want to add something, take it up with members of the cartography team in PM. We will discuss the suggestion.

Rule 4: Activity Requirements- Maintain activity. Thirty days offline without a post on the forum gets you removed from the map & Ninety days without RPing will make you a candidate for removal after a warning and seven day grace period for reclaiming.

Rule 5: Dispute with Staff- When a member of the cartography team tells you no, don't complain about it in public. If you really have a problem, PM the person in question or drop it. We don't get paid to do this.

Rule 6: Discussions- Please keep discussion in the linked discussion thread found here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9187645/. The claims thread is for claiming only.

Rule 7: Naming Standards- Please make your nation actually sound like a nation name. At least have a reason in mind of why your nation is named what it is. Cartography reserves the right to challenge a name or request a change in name to be added to the shared map.

Rule 8: Don't be a lemon. Other prohibited plant products are cashews, mangos, walnuts, or durians. Macadamias are okay, but be careful.
General reminder: people, please use fill with the Hex code colors supplied at the OP. It makes our job so much easier than having to integrate a bunch of messy paintbrushes over a general guideline of your borders; doing this will get you rejected. We don't get paid, however much it would be nice to. Also, if you could use the crop function to preserve the same resolution and .png files for transparency and lack of compression that would be wonderful. Thanks :)

Rule 1: Whilst the cartography team have veto on all claims and discretion to change new claims prior to them being accepted, if disputes arise then the team will attempt to reach a compromise with those in dispute.

Rule 2: If either party is unhappy about the results of compromise or a compromise is not reached, then the RP moderation team will be approached to resolve the dispute.

The following hex codes are used for claim colours:
Green: 69b362
Red: b36262
Blue: 475ca2
Purple: 9162b3
Gold: b39e62

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like my old claim, please.

I am not sure where the thread with the images of it went, but I am sure you all do?

If Grim gets the same spot he had before, I would like to remain in the same location, roughly. If someone else takes that territory, I would like the opportunity to move my island elsewhere to be with him.

Is that ok?

Could I have the larger island south of Tolima and the two microscopic ones east of it? (In red, please)

~Lord Lore

Claim for Plembobria:

XFqfoZK.png

~Lord Lore

General Request: Please use the hex codes provided for your claim colors at the bottom of the first post. It makes it easier to integrate with the map. Thanks :)

Can I make this claim for Esplandia? And can you add that river to the western border as well?
aM6tp5f.png

And here's a claim for Tajis. I would like those lakes added back in from the previous map. If that's not okay I'll think of something else.
adZSXqj.png

(edited my Esplandia claim)

May I have my normal old island back, Kalinin and Arcadia left unclaimed.

~Lord Lore

I would like my territory to be in the southwest corner of the map, as placed in the previous map. If you look at the previous map, you'll see my territory in the southwest corner. Thanks.

~Lord Lore

After a long heart-to-heart with myself, including a long walk down several beaches, I have decided where to place Baleine.

Linky

~Lord Lore

Could I have my old claim please? I'm not sure if the land has been flipped somehow, I am just not quite sure where I should be looking. If not possible, could something similar please be found :)

Xentherida:
May I too have my old land back? I don't mind which colour.

qL51KKj.jpg
You will need to redraw it on the new map, since the boundaries have shifted by a lot. You probably should do It with my claim in mind. :P

I would like Ilamzat to be placed next to mcmasterdonia. I am not picky about the shape so long as it is roughly the same size on the last map.

I will make a drawn claim for Myroria and post it here soon.

Thanks!

@Nightsong, please drop one of the three claims, preferably the islands. We know it's for your three country Rose League, but right not the claim itself is both really large and in violation of Rule 3.

@Sadakoyama, please consider shrinking your claim by a bit.

Here is my requested claim for Myroria. I have no problem with you taking artistic license with the border to make it more border-y, if you wish. Thanks!

I'll post a claim for Ilamzat once McMasterdonia is on the map.

~Lord Lore

Map Update

Nudist Map Update (Blank)

Notes

Additions

- Ilamzat
- Beleine Kingdom
- Plembobria
- Xentherida
- Lorbank
- Brihimia
- Nessuno
- Cronaal
- Demescia/Domesua
- Sadakoyama

Claims in Discussion

- McMasterdonia
- Lancerian Empire
- Myroria
- Rose League
- Silly String
- Esplandia / Tajis

Denied Claims

- Cheongji - (Claim is annoying for the cartography staff to work into the map coupled with the fact you never used in the months it was previously on the map)

Statistical Notes
Total Map Area: 182,250,000 km2
Land Area of Map: 33,547,428 km2
Claimed Area: 4,081,012 km2

Percentage of Area Claimed: 12.16%%

List of TNP Nations (and Dependencies) by Area - On Hold

Here is my new claim.

Would it be possible to move the island I've claimed to the location I have put it in the photo? It's not too far off.

My nation will also be receiving a large cultural overhaul due to the new map, and I will become more active in RP as a result.

*Note: Claim Accepted, Move Request Denied

~Lord Lore

Looks like it's the southern end of the central continent, plus the northwest of the bottom continent, with a few geographical alterations.

I'd like to petiton the cartography team to add Archlancer Island back to the map, preferably a bit out into the water South-West of where Mcm's claim looks to be.

As I mentioned earlier a great deal of my nation's history, population, culture, international role, alliances, structure of the army and navy, and much much more all take into account my island nation and its' straits. My history is especially intertwined with that of Mcm's and takes into account our close proximity at every step, with our current monarchs being cousins and then aunt and niece, with Lancerian troops currently deployed there assisting with the Civil War, and the Lancerian Empire acting as a safe-haven for parts of the royal family throughout the civil war, partly because of it's close relations and close proximity. Without dragging on, you can see that it would take a great deal of effort to work out something else here, especially considering the lack of any similar island with any proximity to Mcm's claim, etc.

I'd like to submit my claim as the below pictures, where I'd like Archlancer Island, the smaller island to the NW, the medium island to the SW, and the small islands that are off-shore of those as visible in the 2nd pic. I'm prepared to exclude the chunk of land sticking out from the bottom of the map. For now I'd like to claim those islands as my own, though in the event that Archegnum would like to claim that land which was his on the islands on the old map I'm prepared to surrender that to him. I'd also greatly appreciate it if the islands were all kept the same size.

3rzjFHk.png
4UQLb3u.png

I believe the spot I've chosen is right next to where Mcm has made his claim and yet also fits the look of the new map rather well. It even makes the cities that I had placed on the old map still make sense geographically on this one. I think this claim overlaps with an island that Mcm had added to the map and I'd like to talk to him about that and I believe we can easily work something out there, and I'll update the catography team ASAP on that matter.

~Lord Lore

oOTlZae.png

The Red is my claim. The dotted black square is proposed inset for Silly String.

If the claim is too large, feel free to cut down the eastern border as much as necessary, keeping it reasonably parallel. I'm aware it's pretty unappealingly straight atm.

Also feel free to adjust the inset as necessary, but I would prefer if such adjustments were to the north and/or east. (unless SillyString requests, of course - it is their claim).

http://imgur.com/oOTlZae << link, spoiler might be broken.

~Lord Lore

I would like to make the following claims:
rCjBEuih.png
**Talked with Kasch about his claim and he said I could claim my section back.
8dbVOrS.png

*Note: Ceretis Added, St Owhela still in Discussion

~Lord Lore

I know I made my claim but is it okay to change it to this?
Kxczpi4.png

I really wanted to keep the basic shape of my nation. It does change the coast down there, but hopefully not too much. It's on the landmass in the lower left corner.

If this isn't a good enough image to be able to transfer it over to the full size map here's a link to my the map with my claim on it: http://imgur.com/c6QaNl3

As far as Tajis goes I'm gonna wait to make a claim for that later as I'm going to rethink that one (I was never as attached to Tajis as much as Esplandia)

~Lord Lore

The Grim Reaper:
oOTlZae.png

The Red is my claim. The dotted black square is proposed inset for Silly String.

If the claim is too large, feel free to cut down the eastern border as much as necessary, keeping it reasonably parallel. I'm aware it's pretty unappealingly straight atm.

Also feel free to adjust the inset as necessary, but I would prefer if such adjustments were to the north and/or east. (unless SillyString requests, of course - it is their claim).

http://imgur.com/oOTlZae << link, spoiler might be broken.
This is broadly fine with me. I have been doing some research into islands, and I think it makes the most sense for the original island of Silly to have been a coral island - meaning the surrounding area likely has a lot of coral reefs (and for RP purposes, I'm declaring does. This fits in well with my whole tourism schtick, but it is a feature which would pose... an impediment... to shipping or naval warfare in the surrounding seas (given that coral reefs grow in shallow waters).

So... wherever Grim doesn't mind ocean routes being restricted is fine with me, and I'm also happy to work with Zyvet and/or whoever grabs Grim's southern border to make the most sense and stay out of the way.

~Lord Lore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back