-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
Since I hadn't posted in Canada in a while, and couldn't be bothered to figure out what official messages to post, I wrote up the below informal update:

Hello again

Once again I find myself reporting on a few months when I wasn't posting the occasional messages from TNP.

A lot has happened since November: SillyString served a full term as Delegate, and has been followed by Lord Ravenclaw, who is now well into his second term.

One of SillyString's first actions as Delegate was agreeing on a statement of renewed friendship with Europeia, after their President and I had gotten into a bit of a misunderstanding. SillyString also oversaw our most recent Z-day effort, in which we were able to organize fairly well. As a result, for the first time (I think) we beat the world average for survivors (TNP: 34%, World: 28%), infected (TNP: 2.8%, World: 6.2%), and dead (TNP: 63%, World: 66%).

We probably could have done yet better if we'd not had some nations move to a separate region to completely clean themselves of Zombies there, and if we'd reminded our most populous nations in advance to choose to research a cure. Things to keep in mind for this year, I suppose.

I will of course be publishing the improvements I made to the zombie radar system I published last year.

I wasn't paying much attention in later November or December, so I don't have much to say about then, sorry.

This year began with Lord Ravenclaw's election as Delegate, as well as Bootsie's election as Vice Delegate and Zyvetsistaahn's return to the office of Speaker. One of Raven's many initiatives that I've paid attention to is an effort to revitalize the Ministry of WA Affairs, as I'm not infrequently involved with it. As Minister, Mousebumples has brought back a degree of consistency to the ministry, though imperfect, that had been absent for some time.

A major incident during Lord Ravenclaw's first term was the coup in the South Pacific. While TNP originally supported Hileville as the leader of our ally's government, and had serious concerns about the conduct of two of the South Pacific's forum administrators, when Hileville and his cabinet declared the Charter of the coalition dissolved and ejected and banned those forum administrators, The North Pacific found itself obliged to oppose him. In the end, one of Hileville's cabinet members cleared the ban list, leading to Hileville giving up. The South Pacific subsequently held a Great Council (constitutional convention) to come up with new laws.

One of Mousebumples' additional initiatives has been the drafting and ratification of the World Assembly Accord on Campaign Spam, an effort to reduce excessive mass telegramming.

Over the last few months, Lord Ravenclaw's endorsement count has steadily risen, to the point that it breached 1000 last week. This is, of course, a notable milestone: the last two Delegates to have over 1000 endorsements were Ananke II and Anime Daisuki (?) of 10000 Islands: before that, the last to have even over 900, to the best of my knowledge, was Nastic back in 2003.

One particular WA Resolution which saw some controversy recently in which Lord Ravenclaw's large endorsement had significant effect was Liberate California. TNP WA nations voting in our traditional offsite discussion voted against Ivo's effort to besmirch TITO and/or keep open a raiding target.

Presented for feedback and/or reuse.

DO NOT SEND THIS OUT YET: Feedback would be appreciated either here or on Discord.

mofa_seal.png

THE NORTH PACIFIC
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS

30th July 2016
Magicality City, The North Pacific

A brief update:

To our embassies,

The North Pacific Diplomatic Corps would like to send out a brief update on what the region has been up to in the past while.

In May, Lord Ravenclaw was reelected as Delegate after an extended election due to an individual fraudulently impersonating a Security Councillor and accusing him of corruption amongst other things. Bootsie was re-elected as Vice Delegate as was Zyvetskistaahn as Speaker. quak1234 and Mister Masses continue to serve him as Deputy Speakers. Lord Ravenclaw appointed flemingovia as Minister of Communications, Gladio as Minister of Defence, Plembobria as Minister of Home Affairs and Mousebumples as Minister of World Assembly Affairs. Lord Ravenclaw accepted applications to the remaining ministries and Kasch was appointed Minister of the newly created Gameside Affairs, IndieGirl is in charge of Culture & Entertainment and Praetor was chosen for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The Judicial Election has just finished; SillyString is the new Attorney General. Gracius Maximus, Kialga and Eluvatar were elected as justices with the latter serving as Chief Justice.

The North Pacific is part of an endeavour to reduce the number of mass-telegram campaigns aimed at all WA nations for WA resolutions. The signatories agreed to collaborate to take measures to counter such campaigns, including having the Delegates of the signatories vote early against the resolutions, issuing telegram campaigns in response in their own regions or more widely, and compiling a list of those that use such campaigns regularly (presumably with the intention of tending to vote against their proposals as a deterrent measure).

Since the recent Imgur flood courtesy of Firehelm, The North Pacific has gained 42 citizens. Several of these citizens have joined us on Discord and in the Executive Staff.

Due to the influx of nations our Delegate has surpassed 1000 endorsements. His vote has been crucial in affecting the outcome of several resolutions, most recently, defeating Ivo's attempt to besmirch the TITO in Liberate California. The North Pacific has also contributed to passing Repeal Condemn the Pacific after the resolution failing twice in the recent months.

The North Pacific Army is very much active, they've completed twelve operations recently and are able to field approximately 13 troops.

The North Pacific is looking forward to continuing to bring new individuals into the community in the next while.

Sincerely,
The Diplomatic Corps of The North Pacific

Suggested Revisions:

mofa_seal.png

THE NORTH PACIFIC
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS

1st August 2016
Magicality City, The North Pacific

A brief update:

To our embassies,

The North Pacific Diplomatic Corps would like to send out a brief update on what the region has been up to in the past while.

In May, Lord Ravenclaw was reelected as Delegate. The election was extended as voters voted reopen nominations rather than electing the candidates unopposed. Bootsie was re-elected as Vice Delegate as was Zyvetskistaahn as Speaker. quak1234 and Mister Masses continue to serve him as Deputy Speakers. Lord Ravenclaw appointed flemingovia as Minister of Communications, Gladio as Minister of Defence, Plembobria as Minister of Home Affairs and Mousebumples as Minister of World Assembly Affairs. Lord Ravenclaw accepted applications to the remaining ministries and Kasch was appointed Minister of the newly created Gameside Affairs, IndieGirl is in charge of Culture & Entertainment and Praetor was chosen for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The Judicial Election has just finished; SillyString is the new Attorney General. Gracius Maximus, Kialga and Eluvatar were elected as justices with the last serving as Chief Justice.

The North Pacific is part of an endeavour to reduce the number of mass-telegram campaigns aimed at all WA nations for WA resolutions. The signatories agreed to collaborate to take measures to counter such campaigns, including having the Delegates of the signatories vote early against the resolutions, issuing telegram campaigns in response in their own regions or more widely, and compiling a list of those that use such campaigns regularly (presumably with the intention of tending to vote against their proposals as a deterrent measure).

Since the recent Imgur flood courtesy of Firehelm, The North Pacific has gained 42 citizens. Several of these citizens have joined us on Discord and in the Executive Staff.

Due to the influx of nations our Delegate has surpassed 1000 endorsements. His vote has been crucial in affecting the outcome of several resolutions, most recently, defeating Ivo's attempt to besmirch the TITO in Liberate California. The North Pacific has also contributed to passing Repeal Condemn the Pacific after the resolution failing twice in the recent months.

The North Pacific Army is very much active, they've completed twelve operations recently and are able to field approximately 13 troops.

The North Pacific is looking forward to continuing to bring new individuals into the community in the next while.

Sincerely,
The Diplomatic Corps of The North Pacific

Code:
[quote]
[font=trebuchet ms][center][img]http://z2.ifrm.com/10711/28/0/p1090277/mofa_seal.png[/img]

[b][big]THE NORTH PACIFIC
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS[/big][/b][/center]

[right][i]1st August 2016
Magicality City, The North Pacific[/i][/right]

[b][big][b]A brief update:[/b][/big][/b][/font]

To our embassies,

In May, Lord Ravenclaw was reelected as Delegate. The election was extended as voters voted reopen nominations rather than electing the candidates unopposed. Bootsie was re-elected as Vice Delegate as was Zyvetskistaahn as Speaker. quak1234 and Mister Masses continue to serve him as Deputy Speakers. Lord Ravenclaw appointed flemingovia as Minister of Communications, Gladio as Minister of Defence, Plembobria as Minister of Home Affairs and Mousebumples as Minister of World Assembly Affairs. Lord Ravenclaw accepted applications to the remaining ministries and Kasch was appointed Minister of the newly created Gameside Affairs, IndieGirl is in charge of Culture & Entertainment and Praetor was chosen for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The Judicial Election has just finished; SillyString is the new Attorney General. Gracius Maximus, Kialga and Eluvatar were elected as justices with the last serving as Chief Justice.

The North Pacific is part of an [url=http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/pages/laws/##waacs]endeavour[/url] to reduce the number of mass-telegram campaigns aimed at all WA nations for WA resolutions. The signatories agreed to collaborate to take measures to counter such campaigns, including having the Delegates of the signatories vote early against the resolutions, issuing telegram campaigns in response in their own regions or more widely, and compiling a list of those that use such campaigns regularly (presumably with the intention of tending to vote against their proposals as a deterrent measure).

Due to the influx of nations our Delegate has surpassed 1000 endorsements. His vote has been crucial in affecting the outcome of several resolutions, most recently, defeating Ivo's attempt to besmirch the TITO in Liberate California. The North Pacific has also contributed to  passing Repeal Condemn the Pacific after the resolution failing twice in the recent months.

Sincerely,
The Diplomatic Corps of The North Pacific[/quote]

If everyone could possibly distribute the code above to their embassies it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Back