HOUSTON!...

Syrixia

The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
...WE HAVE A PROBLEM! And its names are Cronaal, and Añola. See, Cronaal and Añola have been pretty involved in TNP history, and with Sakmitshu leaving it seems they may be deleted in 30 days or however long it's supposed to be.

How can we interpret this in canon? A famine had hit Cronaal; perhaps it collapsed? Maybe a supervolcano eruption wiped out the Crol? Maybe Añola negotiated to join McMasterdonia? What?

What do we do? We can't null canon; that'd ruin a lot of recent IC history!

I had to rework Lara out of Guslantis Is Ours. If you read now, she is suddenly changed to an ambassador that was kidnapped, and not the leader of Cronaal. That's minor, of course, but we can figure the rest out.

If he doesn't come back, I intend to claim Anola in the mean time to preserve it's history. I won't change much of it, but will mainly keep it for the sake of history, and continue to RP it as the poor monarchy nation that relies on mcm/surrounding nations as Melfi intended.

I hope he comes back though.

We could always divvy up Cronaal back into it's cold war state? I baggsie my bit.

(Also the Wolvesh don't outright conquer a place, burn the Reichstag, execute the Romanovs, all that stuff. We prefer to basically shore up the existing government and let them run things in return for being a client nation. However they can ask for us to leave at any time so I can easily give any territory back if needed.)

Wolfsea:
We could always divvy up Cronaal back into it's cold war state? I baggsie my bit.

(Also the Wolvesh don't outright conquer a place, burn the Reichstag, execute the Romanovs, all that stuff. We prefer to basically shore up the existing government and let them run things in return for being a client nation. However they can ask for us to leave at any time so I can easily give any territory back if needed.)
If Cronaal were to be null canon-ed, that would greatly affect numerous RPs.

If Cronaal were to be occupied following a collapse, that would be widely condemned.

If Cronaal were to just cease to exist and be a lawless land, the Crol people would still, well, be there.

The best route is a supervolcano eruption that wipes out the Crol and turns the island into a wasteland. We could RP this eruption, and we could also RP us cleaning it up. We could toy with geology.

mcmasterdonia:
Might be worth waiting a bit to see if he comes back. The land could always be temporarily held in trust for his return.
How long would this trust period be?

Not sure. But he hasn't been gone for that long. I'd say no longer than a week, realistically. It also depends on the next map update, i'd guess.

Any supervolcano big enough to devastate a nation and kill all its inhabitants would wreck ecosystems the world over, cause global famine and economic depression, and wreak havoc on all Cronaal's neighbors.

I would recommend a reworking of history to fit their absence. There's nothing wrong with retcons, after all - they're pretty much a necessity in this form of writing.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Myro.

So let's start with the Great War. Cronaal played a big part in that. How would that work? In it, the Red-Blue standoff was halted as Cronaal went nuts and declared war on everybody, and was promptly occupied.

This made Cronaal the key battleground of the Cold War between the red pinko scum north and the grorious democracys south. Good luck altering this. XD

Bumping because I just edited my post a min ago and it was covered up by a post in the mafia thread.

Hence my suggestion of not canon-nulling them, just say we had to occupy the territory for whatever reason, that way we can hold it in trust indefinitely if needs be.

Wolfsea:
Hence my suggestion of not canon-nulling them, just say we had to occupy the territory for whatever reason, that way we can hold it in trust indefinitely if needs be.
But again, that would be seen as imperialism and we'd be condemn-hammered.

Well its simple enough, we draw up a Legal treaty stating that we will leave if the Cronaali people ask us to (I.e. If Cro comes back), and if we happen to feed the starving populace, improve infrastructure and work with, rather than over, a legitimate government, then it can hardly be called Imperialism.

Besides said Treaty could be an interesting RP in its own right.

Please don't bump threads you posted in a minute ago. They appear in the active topics. This has been mentioned before, don't do it >_>

mcmasterdonia:
Please don't bump threads you posted in a minute ago. They appear in the active topics. This has been mentioned before, don't do it >_>
:bump: ing for visibility.

I think that if Cronaal is occupied the Novrith Pact may have something to say about it... of course, that might be an interesting RP as well.

From my understanding now Cronaal is basically Somalia - ungoverned, plagued by famines and disease. Why do we have to "do" anything? It's there, it will stay there, it is just no longer a player on the world stage.

Myroria:
mcmasterdonia:
:bump: ing for visibility.

I think that if Cronaal is occupied the Novrith Pact may have something to say about it... of course, that might be an interesting RP as well.
Well that could be a part of the Treaty Negotiation in and of itself. Thats why I suggest each party taking responsibility for the administration of a region of Cronaal each (as in there's a regional government in each area which is aided in administrative and logistical activities by the relevant partner-nation. Think along the lines of Nimbus III in Star Trek where each government contributes.

mcmasterdonia:
He has left the region, so convention would say that he will be removed from the map entirely.
Sure, but he's also a teenager, and teenagers can act rashly. Do we need to throw all his stuff on the lawn the instant he runs away from home?

Guys, I'm here as a messenger from Sakmitshu. Here's what he told me to tell you all:

McMasterdonia can take Añola if he wants to, he can annex it or take it as his RP Puppet.
If you want to avoid null-canon, you can say Cronaal has fallen into a state of disrepair, with the cities half-way being demolished and famine raging the nation, the populace could have screwed everything up. Also, there are no volcanoes in Cronaal.
However, it'd be easier to null-canon Cronaal and remove it.
If all else fails, and you still don't want to remove Cronaal and ruin your canons, Cronaal could also become an NPC nation, you guys can decide on which group of people could control it.
He also said that he read your ideas so far, and if you need information on his nations, you can TG him.

mcmasterdonia:
He has left the region, so convention would say that he will be removed from the map entirely.
Isn't the convention to allow players not having nations in the region to post and stay on the map?

Not sure what happened; why did Cro leave?

Let's make Cronaal into a historical NPC. It exists for history purposes (btw, Surdra, how am I to explain Kannex fighting alongside Surdra 'for the sake of democracy' now that you're an empire?) but otherwise we ignore it in RP.

I like Pisc's Somalia idea. But I do think with him claiming Cronaal in trust we should try and help repair it.

And yes, Pisc, that means it can't become a satellite state of Sadakoyama. :mad:

( :lol: )

Kannex:
Let's make Cronaal into a historical NPC. It exists for history purposes (btw, Surdra, how am I to explain Kannex fighting alongside Surdra 'for the sake of democracy' now that you're an empire?) but otherwise we ignore it in RP.
This is pretty much the only option I support - outside of Cro coming back (and I emphasise that should only happen if he wants to. Do not try to badger or cajole him into returning).

And no, I'm probably not going to let you guys just randomly plonk a supervolcano on Cronaal and say it killed everything.

Syrixia:
I like Pisc's Somalia idea. But I do think with him claiming Cronaal in trust we should try and help repair it.

And yes, Pisc, that means it can't become a satellite state of Sadakoyama. :mad:

( :lol: )
I don't want any. Sadakoyama is still Xenophobic, for the most part.

11-979eb4c35cd2d6141c63a4ec545410f7.jpg

Back