Not open for further replies.

r3naissanc3r

TNPer
-
-
Outdated, since the infrastructure is broken down
Dezember 15, 2023
- Lionsroar

To facilitate recruitment, both manual and through mass-TGs, I created the following page that automates the process I used to use for creating nation lists:

http://azure.nsr3n.info/the_north_pacific_happenings_queries/submit.sh

It allows parsing the regional happenings to generate nation lists for recruitment or telegramming. There are seven types of lists, based on type of activity:
1) dispatch posters;
2) issue answerers;
3) recently founded;
4) region entrants;
5) RMB posters;
6) WA endorsers;
7) WA voters;
8) latest WADP winners;
9) card traders.

You can specify a start and end date, and the list will be generated by parsing only happenings that occurred during that time interval.

You can also specify whether to get the list forrmatted for mass-telegramming, for posting on the forum as a table (either for one-by-one or for eight-by-eight manual telegramming), or for posting in a dispatch.

You can specify whether the list should include only citizens, only non-citizens, or both.

Finally, you can specify whether the list should include only WA members, only WA non-members, or both.

For access to the happenings queries page, contact the Minister of Home Affairs.

If nations want to be removed from these lists so that they do not receive recruitment telegrams, add their TNP nation name to this spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RrnDeAq_0Lcdp9hTXOMqKsCMjv-1ZAjOUVvZ6OawbRQ/edit#gid=0

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm travelling right now and I can't access the server easily. I'll add accounts once I'm back (Tuesday).

In the meantime, Tomb can confirm about who from MoHA should have access.

Also, if you have ideas for other types of lists that could be useful, post them here and I'll try to add them.

The five listed above are all the ones derived from regional happenings we used to use during my term. There were two more lists we used to telegram, namely former citizens and former NPA members, but those can be easily extracted from the forum member page.

Thank you so much for creating this tool, R3n! It'll definitely be useful. I'd would be greatly thankful if you can also add Plembobria to the list of the people that can access it, whenever you have time, my friend.

Thank you,

~ Tomb

r3n, I've noticed that the table generator doesn't quite work properly. It is missing the table tags in the generated list, and it also doesn't number them all like it used to. Not too much of an issue, but I thought i would let you know.

Skipping the table tags was intentional. The table tags allow for customization (title, possible header row). So the idea was that the user fills those in in their preferred style, and then just copy/paste the tedious nation listing code. I can add some boilerplate table tags if that's more convenient.

The numbers, I just forgot about them. It's easy to add them, I'll do it once I'm back from my trip.

mcmasterdonia:
r3n, I've noticed that the table generator doesn't quite work properly. It is missing the table tags in the generated list, and it also doesn't number them all like it used to. Not too much of an issue, but I thought i would let you know.
Both of these issues have been addressed.

I made some changes to the list generator.

First, the link changed.

Second, instead of specifying the number of happenings to be parsed, you can now provide a date range. That way, you can remember what date you used last time you generated a list, and make it so that there is no overlap with the new list.

Third, I have completely rewritten how the page accesses the NS API to generate the lists. The technical details are unimportant for most people. What is important is that the lists are now generated near instantaneously, and that there is no longer any risk of being blocked by the NS API for spamming multiple queries.

I have updated the OP to reflect these changes.

One thing to note is that currently any days before October 21st will be ignored, as I do not have happenings data for before that day. You can specify start dates earlier than that, but the list you get will only include data starting on October 21st.

I'll see whether I can get earlier happenings data, in case someone wants to look at lists from older dates.

r3naissanc3r:
One thing to note is that currently any days before October 21st will be ignored, as I do not have happenings data for before that day. You can specify start dates earlier than that, but the list you get will only include data starting on October 21st.

I'll see whether I can get earlier happenings data, in case someone wants to look at lists from older dates.

NS++ has some.

Note that we have changed the way access to this page is given. You can now request access directly from the Minister of Home Affairs.

Individual access accounts have been removed, to reflect the above.

I have updated the queries system to include a few new features:

1) Two new list types:
-- nations founded in TNP;
-- nations that entered TNP.

2) Two new formatting types:
-- forum table intended for manual telegramming;
-- raw list intended for manual telegramming.
In both of these formats, nations are concatenated into groups of 8, separated by commas.

3) One new option, allowing to filter lists to include only citizens, only non-citizens, or both.

4) A new function that filters all lists to only include nations that are still in TNP. This happens by default and cannot be disabled. This is necessary to avoid violating NS' spamming rules.

Let me know if there are any issues. Also, if there are any other features you'd like to see added, post them in this thread or let me know by PM/skype message.

The happenings page now has an extra option, allowing you to filter nations in terms of WA membership.

OP has been updated accordingly.

Updated to generate lists in the table format supported by the new forum.

For the record, there is also now an option to generate a list of the latest WADP winners. This was added a few weeks back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back