OH MY GOD! WHEN I SAW WHAT THIS KITTEN DID I COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
Yeah, I'm running for Vice Delegate.

I know what to do.
I know how to do it.
I can endotart like buggery if I need to.

Ask questions, preferably in Latin.

?u mi estas malbona persono por ne petante tiun demandon en la latina, sed anstata? en Esperanto?

I have done a GCSE Latin course, and I don't even know enough to piece together something useful to ask you. If you want me to conjugate some obscure part of speech or maybe list principal parts, that's fine, but if you ask me to say my name (es mihi nomen? Even a little bit close?), nescio.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quo usque tandem abutere, flemingovia, patientia nostra? Quam diu etiam furor iste tuus nos eludet? Quem ad finem sese effrenata iactabit audacia? :P

My knowledge of the Latin language (other than speaking one of its many bastard languages as my first) is pretty much limited to Catullus 16. So I'll rather stick to English...

Good luck

SillyString:

Quo usque tandem abutere, flemingovia, patientia nostra? Quam diu etiam furor iste tuus nos eludet? Quem ad finem sese effrenata iactabit audacia? :P
As long as the people of TNP see fit to elect me.

ASta:

Me. But then you would need to ask Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes Qui Custodes Custodiet?

to which the answer, of course, is Quanti Canicula Illa In Fenestra!

This is all a lot of fun, but vice delegate is a senior position in the region. Does nobody have a serious question?

plembobria:
What makes you think you are primed to be SC chief?
I have got a LOT of experience in TNP security - predating the Security Council by several years. I was around at the formation of the Security Council; I understand how and why it operates as it does.

Past experience in TNP has made me more paranoid and less trusting than most. This is not a bad quality in the Vice Delegate where naivety is not to be encouraged.

Second only to delegates and admins, Vice delegates are placed in a position of trust. Because of their high endocount, oversight of the SC, and oversight of RA security checks, they are in a position to screw over the region royally. Why would I make a good SC chief? Simply because this would not be happening on my watch. If I was going to screw over TNP, it would have happened years ago.

The Security Council presently has some eleven members, do you think that it should expand to any significant extent beyond that, that it should maintain its membership around the present level or that it should be smaller?

Do you believe that the membership criteria for the Council (both the formal requirements and the informal standards) should be more restrictive?

Hey, you promised kittens! I came here expecting adorable antics from fluffy little felines and instead I get... Latin? Quisque comoedus est.

Zyvetskistaahn:
The Security Council presently has some eleven members, do you think that it should expand to any significant extent beyond that, that it should maintain its membership around the present level or that it should be smaller?

Do you believe that the membership criteria for the Council (both the formal requirements and the informal standards) should be more restrictive?
the SC has a vital role in the security of our region. We need a body of high-endorsement, high-influence trusted members to deter coups and recapture the region should the unthinkable happen again.

Membership of the SC is, rightly, a position of responsibility and trust. It is also a position of risk on the part of the region. There are two reasons for this. Firstly, members of the sc are allowed, expected, to build up a high influence and endorsement level. Secondly, when you are a member of the SC it is understood that you are a trusted member of our community. That can easily be used as a springboard to a delegacy bid. If I wanted to coup TNP, i would begin by getting myself accepted onto the SC.

The above is why I have been a bit concerned recently that the SC has had applicants who are less well known and established in TNP. It is almost as if membership of the SC is seen as an administrative hoop to jump through in order to continue gaining endorsements rather than the position of trust I have outlined above.

So... to the question. In an ideal world, I would see the present number of SC members as a little high. But RL can intervene at any time, wiping our the activity and influence of established SC members - so it does not hurt to have a few members more than the security of the region would necessitate. But personally I would see the need for it to grow much larger.

On to your second question. My approach to the SC would be a little different to Silly String. SS is a bit of a pedant, and likes quite elaborate administrative systems. I prefer an element of common sense. our current rules concerning admission to the SC give only two criteria for application, however the right to apply is not the same as the right to be admitted. If someone applies to the SC I would expect the council to ask itself the questions, how well do I know this person? How much do I trust this person?

Great Bights Mum:
Hey, you promised kittens! I came here expecting adorable antics from fluffy little felines and instead I get... Latin? Quisque comoedus est.
everybody%20lies.jpg

flemingovia:
Great Bights Mum:
everybody%20lies.jpg
/r/im14andthisisdeep is the place for you.

Since you lured us into this thread with the promise of cute little kittehs...

Feles mala! Cur cista non uteris? Stramentum novum in ea posui.

Great Bights Mum:
It looks at though we may be headed for a run-off. Very exciting! What is your strategy to get out the vote?
It depends if I am ahead or behind in the first ballot. Wait and see.

Back