McMasterdonian History Planning Thread

I have a few marriage proposals between our two royal families:

Daughter of Czar Harold I Jefferson, Princess Madelina Jefferson of Malvad to King Louis XII of McMasterdonia in 1630

Sister of Czar Alexander II Acronis, Princess Octavia Acronis of Malvad to King Johnslo II of McMasterdonia in 1741

Son of Czar Mikhail V Malta, Prince Francis Malta of Malvad to Queen Issabella II of McMasterdonia in 1787

Sister of Czarina Anastasia I Romana, Princess Helga Romana of Malvad to King Johnslo XII of McMasterdonia in 1902

And these are the ones we currently have:

Daughter of Czar Salazar II Romana, Princess Ivana Romana of Malvad to King Wilhelm III of McMasterdonia in 1925

Daughter of Czar Mikhail VI Acronis, Princess Meghan Acronis of Malvad to King Johnslo XIV of McMasterdonia in 1945

It would be good to be involved in the history somewhere. Ceretis has been around since 966 and before that there were the 10 kingdoms that formed Ceretis, and the eastern kingdoms that joined later but were also around for a long time.

Malvad:
I have a few marriage proposals between our two royal families:

Daughter of Czar Harold I Jefferson, Princess Madelina Jefferson of Malvad to King Louis XII of McMasterdonia in 1630

Sister of Czar Alexander II Acronis, Princess Octavia Acronis of Malvad to King Johnslo II of McMasterdonia in 1741

Son of Czar Mikhail V Malta, Prince Francis Malta of Malvad to Queen Issabella II of McMasterdonia in 1787

Sister of Czarina Anastasia I Romana, Princess Helga Romana of Malvad to King Johnslo XII of McMasterdonia in 1902

And these are the ones we currently have:

Daughter of Czar Salazar II Romana, Princess Ivana Romana of Malvad to King Wilhelm III of McMasterdonia in 1925

Daughter of Czar Mikhail VI Acronis, Princess Meghan Acronis of Malvad to King Johnslo XIV of McMasterdonia in 1945

Thanks Malvad. All of those are accepted, thanks! I'll add them in.

Ceretis:
It would be good to be involved in the history somewhere. Ceretis has been around since 966 and before that there were the 10 kingdoms that formed Ceretis, and the eastern kingdoms that joined later but were also around for a long time.

Hmmm.. Are you very far away on the map? I think there are still a few gaps, but if you are located on the other side I would suggest something after the 1700s.

Archegnum became independent of the British (i.e gained Dominion status) on July 1, 1867, but it was a British colony since 1600, having been discovered and claimed in 1597. Would you include anything about interaction with the British Empire, or would you not bother and just mention Archegnum post 1867?

Archegnum would have requested diplomatic relations with Mcmasterdonia since achieving Dominion status, so any time after July 1st 1867 would do.

Perhaps Princess Eleanora, Duchess of Quachel (the chief governmental region of Archegnum) could marry someone from 1900-1920 (age 20-40), I'm not sure which slots you have left.

Sorry to barge in, but what is this "British" you speak of? Never heard of any nation like that on this planet.

Archegnum:
Archegnum became independent of the British (i.e gained Dominion status) on July 1, 1867, but it was a British colony since 1600, having been discovered and claimed in 1597. Would you include anything about interaction with the British Empire, or would you not bother and just mention Archegnum post 1867?

Archegnum would have requested diplomatic relations with Mcmasterdonia since achieving Dominion status, so any time after July 1st 1867 would do.

Perhaps Princess Eleanora, Duchess of Quachel (the chief governmental region of Archegnum) could marry someone from 1900-1920 (age 20-40), I'm not sure which slots you have left.

Syrixia:
Sorry to barge in, but what is this "British" you speak of? Never heard of any nation like that on this planet.

Hi Archegnum, Syrixia is correct. We cannot recognise British colonialism as there is no nation called Britain. I would suggest that you find another nation to be the colonial power. Given my close proximity to your nation, that could be me. Or it could be someone else. But I think you would need to work that out first.

Also FYi, the OP has not been updated in the last few days. I'll get around to that soon.

mcmasterdonia:
Hi Archegnum, Syrixia is correct. We cannot recognise British colonialism as there is no nation called Britain. I would suggest that you find another nation to be the colonial power. Given my close proximity to your nation, that could be me. Or it could be someone else. But I think you would need to work that out first.
I like that idea. Perhaps the House of Iluvatar could have been founded by a lesser McMasterdonian prince in the colony (later Dominion, now independent), becoming the royal dynasty of Archegnum?

I might even change my factbook history to align with this.

mcmasterdonia:
Syrixia:

Hi Archegnum, Syrixia is correct. We cannot recognise British colonialism as there is no nation called Britain.
Well, there is, or was, or may yet be--it's a little complicated. We're originally from there, but that was a couple of universes over.

Piscivore:
mcmasterdonia:
Syrixia:

Hi Archegnum, Syrixia is correct. We cannot recognise British colonialism as there is no nation called Britain.
Well, there is, or was, or may yet be--it's a little complicated. We're originally from there, but that was a couple of universes over.
Well yeah, but that's an exception because you came from another universe through a time-space anomaly that took the form of a terrible storm. :)

Archegnum:
mcmasterdonia:
I like that idea. Perhaps the House of Iluvatar could have been founded by a lesser McMasterdonian prince in the colony (later Dominion, now independent), becoming the royal dynasty of Archegnum?

House of what now?

Eluvatar:
Archegnum:
mcmasterdonia:

House of what now?
Quod oligarchia sumus.

Caseum sumus.

Syrixia:
Piscivore:
mcmasterdonia:
Syrixia:

Well yeah, but that's an exception because you came from another universe through a time-space anomaly that took the form of a terrible storm. :)

Right.. Well I'm not going to recognise that either.... Instead I'll just believe that your people have been fooled to thinking that is how their nation was formed by a strong propaganda arm of their national government :P

You're free to RP however you want though.

I'm surprised that you're willing to make exceptions for him, and not for Archegnum, Syrixia? Anyway Arch and I are working this out by TG. Will update the thread when more is decided.

Eluvatar:
Archegnum:
mcmasterdonia:

House of what now?

You're more powerful than you ever imagines :evil: :lol:

:bump:

There are still some gaps that need filling. Let me know if you're interested in having anything added in. This includes the first establishment of ties between our nations and other significant matters.

Well, Nebula made a slow transition to a leftist democracy, punctuated by periods of violence. I can give you the details if you're interested.

Sure, as long as it could tie in with our history? We were involved in establishing regimes and facilitating regime changes in other nations, so it could tie in somehow.

Eluvatar:
Archegnum:
mcmasterdonia:

House of what now?
Took it from Tolkein's God-figure, Eru Iluvatar. I don't think I knew there was an 'Eluvatar' when I decided upon the name, but it stuck and I like it :)

It's not intended to have anything to do with Eluvatar, basically. Just coincidence I guess.

Yo McM, expect the new culture changed-names of the Maharajas by tomorrow.

Cool.

After your changes, I've decided I'm going to implement some too. I will gradually change some of the historical names from english versions to a mcmasterdonian version. Both names may be used and are acceptable.

New Names for the Maharajas:
Babur III the Explorer, 1485-1538
Rajiv IV the Great, 1538-1600
Akbar IX the Terrible, 1799-1820
Akbar XI, 1920-1947

New Names for the Women:
Jodha the Younger, Princess of Sikhara, sister of Babur III
Mevibai, Princess of Rajpur, daughter of Babur III
Hemi, Princess of Madras, daughter of Rajiv IV the Great

Yes. His brother, Rahul II, became the Maharaja in exile in [UNKNOWN] (Where he fled with his wife) and fathered Rajesh III in [UNKNOWN CITY]. Rajesh returned to Syrixia in 2006.

Back