Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
McMasterdonian History Planning Thread

Hello all,

I've been working on a bit of a historical timeline for my nation. Most of the early ideas will focus on relationships and marriages between nations that are in close proximity to my nation on the map. I have included a lot of proposed information about an early relationship between Great Bights Mum (as our largest northern neighbour).

The early information in this timeline may change a lot.

The nations that are in close proximity to my nation can apply to have the date of official recognition, or first time the two nations met, or early marriages between the period of 800BC-1200. Any other information you think may be valuable will also be considered. This may include when trade was first established, minor conflicts, or religious/cultural differences that proved difficult early on:

Great Bights Mum
Anola
Lord Ravenclaw
Nazierre
The Lancerian Empire
New Sekai
Eumenor
New Haven America
Archegnum
Ryccia

As a rough idea, I'm going to suggest that the McMasterdonians first established relationships with a russian explorer from the east from the nation of the Russian Republic. This has been discussed a little bit with Eluvatar, and will be ironed out later on. The below nations and others may apply for the marriages, first time states interacted, trade, other important matters to be included in my historical timeline that occurred after 1200 (roughly. Based on my understanding of other nations, the nations that seem most suitable (excluding those above) include:

Malvad
The Russian Republic
Floresque
Plembobria
Kialga-Loutri
SillyString
Imperium Augustum
Nierr
Kannex
Merconitontopia
Guslantis
Andulus
Syrixia

If you are not on the above lists, and feel that you should be, let me know. Or if you have a good idea to add to the timeline please let me know. Note that I am not interested in having hundreds of wars, and real specifics can be worked out later if necessary. Nations who intend to completely rewrite their histories every couple of months need not apply.

A Rough Draft of a Timeline

800BC: The City-State of Intelligentsia is first mentioned. Governed by King Leopold I of Intelligentsia.
200BC: The City-State of Intelligentsia is burned to the ground by Pirates from the North (Now Great Bights Mum)
100BC: The City-State of Intelligentsia forms an alliance with the City-State of Alexandria with the marriage of Princess Eleanor of Alexandria to the King Leopold III of Intelligentsia.
25AD: The King Richmond I invades nearby lands and claims them for Intelligentsia. These lands are now known as Anola.
100AD: A fire burns most of Intelligentsia to the ground during the reign of King Richmond III
135: King Richmond IV abandons Anola due to financial troubles.
300: The City of Intelligentsia forms a state with the Duchy of Capricornia, and the Principality of Ceduna. Governed by the Lord-Paramount appointed by nobles. The First Lord Paramount is appointed: Johnslo of the House of McMaster
475: Raiders from Great Bights Mum attack and pillage the central island of McMasterdonia. Many cities burned and thousands of slaves captured.
800: Lord Paramount Leopold II invades Anola and officially makes it a part of the Capricornia-Ceduna-Intelligentsia union.
900: The Duchy of Capricornia invades Ceduna. Intelligentsia declares war on Capricornia in response. The war related to the succession of King Leopold IV to the throne. Capricornia supported Prince Louis of Capricornia.
910: King Leopold IV marries Saria Gira, 2nd child of King Akar Gira, King of New Haven America.
911: Anola is gifted to the local ruler who becomes King Alexander. King Alexander marries the sister of King Leopold IV, Princess Magdalena.
926-930: King Leopold IV dies of an unspecified illness. Chaos reigns.
932: King Alexander dies after an uprising in the capital of Anola. Queen Magdalena attempts to rule as Queen but dies approximately one year later after being attacked in the public square. Count Wilhelm of Intelligentsia invades Anola and restores the rule of the Intelligentsia regime.
940: Prince Louis dies, appoints his son Louis as heir apparent.
965: Capricornia is defeated at Cape El. The New King Wilhelm is crowned. The first King from Intelligentsia. Prince Louis of Capricornia is executed for treason.
975: King Wilhelm is killed during a jousting tournament. Succeeded by King Louis I of the House of Granthem.
985: King Louis I marries Princess Cassandra of Lord Ravenclaw. She is coronated Queen on in the period between 985-986
1000: King Louis I dies, is succeeded by Queen Cassandra as regent, for his son Prince Louis.
1015: Prince Louis succeeds to the throne as King Louis II. Queen Cassandra is the longest serving regent not to be Mcmasterdonian born.
1022: King Louis II marries his cousin Princess Melysande, of Lord Ravenclaw. The pair had 12 children, 8 of them sons.
1035: King Louis II dies, is succeeded by King Louis III.
1037-38: Louis III marries Adebowale, the daughter of the High Chief (Ngê Gbïä) of the Mtobo dynasty reigned from 986 to 1102 over present day Nazierre.
1050: The Princess of Intelligentsia, Matilda sister of King Louis III, marries the "Ruler" of Great Bights Mum. An alliance starts to form.
1052: King Louis III dies. Succeeded by Louis IV.
1058: Louis IV marries Princess Eleanor of Lord Ravenclaw
1065: The Ruler of Great Bights Mum takes a second wife, executing his first wife. The King of Intelligentsia formally declares war on Great Bights Mum.
1100: Great Bights Mum defeats the King Louis IV of Intelligentsia and executes him and his Queen Eleanor of Lord Ravenclaw.
1100-1195: Civil war and anarchy has engulfed the nation, as warring tribal leaders try to cling to power and rebuild what's left of the burned land. The throne of Intelligentsia was occupied by many different individuals during this period.
1195: Conference of Cape El. Lord and Ladies gather to discuss future of the land.
1200: The Kingdom of McMasterdonia is established, though it's lands were quite different then to how they are today. The first King Johnslo I is crowned in Intelligentsia.
1202: King Johnslo I marries Illia A'gira, 3rd child of King Tarik Gira and Queen Malia A'vena of New Haven America.
1210: The Kingdom of Mcmasterdonia formally declares war on the nation of Great Bights Mum. Nothing really happened during this period, other than a few ships being attacked, and potentially slaves being stolen.
1225: Conference of <random GBM city> results in peace.
1229: King Johnslo I dies, and is succeeded by King Louis V
1233: King Louis V marries Tora A'gira, 2nd child of the recently crowned King Aku'lu A'gira, first king of the A'gira family of New Haven America.
1240: Floregasque trading ships first reach the shores of McMasterdonia. Early-medieval ships not capable of long voyages on the open ocean, they hug the coasts of the continent until they must cross open ocean twice: once, west of what is now Aurora Orb, and again, traversing the strait west of what is now the Lancerian Empire. This part of the voyage becomes known for its danger, and consequently the area becomes known as the "Straits of Ghosts" in the Floregasque language. Nevertheless, voyages become more regular as wealthy people in Floresque demand McMasterdonian goods.
1242: King Louis V declares ___________ to be the official rerligion
1255: King Louis V dies, and is succeeded by King Louis VI
1262: King Louis VI travels to Alexandria to meet his new wife, Princess Alexandra, the sister to the Alexandrian King Joshua of the House Ravenclaw. King Louis VI grants the lands of today’s Anola to the Alexandrian King as dowry.
1267: King Louis VI dies. His wife Queen Alexandra takes over as regent.
1273: Queen Alexandra promises her son to the Princess Beatrice of Alexandria. They marry later that year.
1278: King Louis VII is named King. Queen Alexandra ruled as regent for 11 peaceful years.
1280BC: The King of McMasterdonia declares war on the nation of Great Bights Mum for state-sponsored piracy and attacks on McMasterdonian ships. Called the 60 year war.
1291-1292: King Louis VII captain of the fleet is sunk. King Louis is succeeded by King Leopold IV
1305: King Leopold IV dies. No issue. Succeded by his brother King Leopold V.
1311: King Leopold V marries __________________ of ________________. Four children die in childbirth.
1317: King Leopold V dies of smallpox. He is succeeded by his younger brother, who becomes King Louis VIII of Mcmasterdonia. He succeded to the throne at 12 years of age.
1321: King Louis VIII marries ___________________ of ____________________
1340: McMasterdonia and Great Bights Mum agree on a peace that is largely humiliating for the Greats Bights Mum ruler. The peace demands that the nation of GBM gives up drinking rum and outlaw the worship of flemingovianism.
1341: Rum rebellion in GBM capital. Rum drinking resumes as normal.
1342: King Louis VIII dies suddenly. Succeeded by his son, King Louis IX.
1350: Ship technology in Floresque begins to advance significantly, allowing for more regular, safer journeys to and from McMasterdonia. Despite the relative ease that trade could happen, the long journey was still fraught with peril and McMasterdonian items were still a luxury afforded only to the rich.
1355: King Louis IX marries the Queen mother of Lord Ravenclaw, Queen Catherine of Lord Ravenclaw. She was 12 years his senior. One issue.
1361: King Louis IX signs a formal treaty with the King of Lord Ravenclaw in Intelligentsia. This marked the first official codification of an alliance between the two nations. The King of Lord Ravenclaw grants the lands of Anola back to King Louis IX as a sign of friendship.
1369: King Louis IX dies and is succeeded by his son, King Louis X.
1370: King Louis X marries Rena A'gira, 3rd child of reigning Queen Malian A'gira, of New Haven America. 6 issue.
1377: King Louis X dies suddenly, Queen Rena A'gira rules as regent.
1385: King Louis XI is crowned King. King Louis X marries Noako, the daugher of the High Chief (Ngê Gbïä) of the Ngongo dynasty who ruled present day Nazierre from 1350 to 1423. 3 issue.
1400: Louis XI abdicates, is succeeded by his cousin. King William I of the House Mcmaster. The first King of the House of McMaster.
1402: King William I travels to the great library of Alexandria to meet Princess Aveline. They marry that same year.
1420s-1450s: The Avelocci family, which would rule Floresque into the present day through manipulation of its political system, come to prominence, and gain wealth through its banking institutions. The Royal Family of McMasterdonia maintains a cordial relationship with the Avelocci’s.
1437: King William I dies, he is succeded by King Louis XII his youngest son.
1441: The second formal marriage between the rulers of McMasterdonia and Great Bights Mum. The King and Queen co-rule over the dominion of the GBM-McM Commonwealth as Emperor/Empress respectively.
1442: The King and Queen of the Commonwealth are proclaimed Emperor and Empress respectively.
1450-1475: Floregasque citizens, spurred on by Avelocci promotion of the arts and sciences, spread abroad. Some travel to McMasterdonia, a faraway land still filled with mystery. This immigration and artistic renaissance culminates, in the minds of modern historians, in the groundbreaking half-length portrait of a McMasterdonian noblewoman by Lorenzo de Vinovo. The portrait, known as the _____, becomes renowned for the striking portrayal of the noblewoman's smile and is almost instantly famous.
1453: Emperor William I agrees to betroth his eldest daughter, Princess Wilhelmina to the recently crowned Emperor Alauar XXVI (reign 1453-1492) of the Empire of Syrixia.
1454: Princess Wilhelmina marries Emperor Alauar XXVI of the Empire of Syrixia. This marriage strengthens ties between the two distant empires, and Wilhelmina, now Empress, serves as the Commonwealths Ambassador to Syrixia.
1473: Emperor William I dies.
1478: The Pirate Queen of Great Bights Mum and Empress of the Commonwealth dies of tuberculosis, she had ruled the commonwealth for five years after the death of her husband from typhoid. Succeeded by her husbands late brother.
1478: Emperor William II succeeds to the throne of the Commonwealth.
1482: Emperor William marries Analina the Younger, Princess of Balamb, Sister of Alauar XXVI of the Empire of Syrixia. The recently crowned Empress dies in childbirth.
1483: Emperor William II marries Charlotte, Princess of Lehon, Daughter of Alauar XXVI, niece of the late Queen. The Queen dies after giving birth to a daughter and one son in 1484
1485: Emperor William II marries Princess Beatrice of Lord Ravenclaw. Five issue.
1492: Emperor Alauar XXVI of The Empire of Syrixia dies. He is survived by Empress Wilhelmina, Aunt of Emperor William II of the Commonwealth.
1499: The Commonwealth settles more lands to the West of mainland McMasterdonia, it is named New Capricornia (present day Salvarity).
1499: Emperor William II dies, succeeded by Emperor William III.
1510: Plague strikes the Commonwealth, more than 5 million people die, including many members of the upper class. The Emperor of the Commonwealth flees the capital for nearly 12 months, leaving the Commonwealth essentially without any form of government.
1511: Emperor William III dies shortly after returning to the capital. Succeeded by Emperor William IV.
1513: William IV dies and is succeeded by Emperor Leopold VI.
1519: Emperor Leopold IV dies childless and unmarried. His reign was characterised by inaction and famine in the commonwealth. Succeeded by Emperor William V.
1521: Emperor William V marries Isabella, Princess of Sholyik, Daughter of Senlok I the Great, Emperor of the Empire of Syrixia. 7 issue.
1524: The Russian explorer Mikhail Ivanovich Naryshkin first makes land at the City of Port Augusta in McMasterdonia. He had travelled from Nierr on the ship Pobeda. Due to language barriers, the Russian explorer was forced to communicate with local lord, Count Wilhelm of the house Granthem by interpretative dance
1534: Emperor William V dies and is succeeded by Emperor William VI
1537: Emperor William VI marries his third cousin, Princess Eleanor of Lord Ravenclaw. 7 issue.
1546: Emperor William VI dies. Empress Eleanor serves as regent.
1552: Empress Eleanors tenure as regent comes to an end. Emperor William VII is crowned.
1553-1571: Emperor William VII’s reign was characterised by a brutal crackdown on what was considered sinful acts. This included the complete banning of the arts.
1570s-1640s: The Avelocci, fabulously wealthy and powerful in Floresque, begin to marry their daughters off abroad, seeking true titles of nobility. Some members of the Avelocci family marry McMasterdonian nobles.
1571: Emperor William VII dies and is succeeded by Emperor Leopold vII.
1585: Civil War breaks out between Great Bights Mum and McMasterdonia. It starts with a small region of GBM that declares it's intent to secede from the Commonwealth. GBM then subsequently decides to secede.
1586: The first McMasterdonian vessels cross the sea of ghosts and make their way down the various continents and arrive at the Russian Republic. This is one of the longest journeys for a mcmasterdonian ship at this point in history.
1587: Emperor Leopold VIII is assassinated by rogue commonwealth guards. His successor Emperor Leopold IX is crowned in Cape El, well away from the fighting.
1588: Emperor Leopold IX dies. He was completely unable to prevent the collapse of the empire or govern at all. Succeeded by Emperor William VIII.
1589: Emperor William VIII marries _____________________ of _______________.
1590: The Queen's Guardian sets sail to find new lands and resources for the Kingdom.
1592: McMasterdonia settles a small island on the central strait of today's "Imperium Augustum". The island was established as a trading base and names the island new Intelligentsia. Image: http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj598/mcmasterdonia/mcmisland_zpstq3rmkeh.png
1595: The Queen's Guardian the ship of explorer Alexander Ferdinand is ship wrecked off a small island, known then as the island of Silly, that nation is now known today as SillyString. Alexander Ferdinand is stranded upon the island for five years and is forced to learn the locals way of living and their language.
1600: With help from the locals, the now elderly Alexander Ferdinand returns to the McMasterdonian colony of New Intelligentsia with gifts and hallucinogens from the natives of Silly.
1602: Alexander Ferdinand arrives back in Intelligentsia and is received by Emperor William VIII, where he hands over the gifts from Silly.
1605: Emperor William VIII dies of smallpox, and is succeeded by his son, Emperor William IX.
1585-1610: The successive Emperors of the Commonwealth failed to control rebellion and he loses support from Mcmasterdonia as well. Emperor William IX is defeated by a joint effort of rebel forces and subsequently made to walk the plank.
1610: Great Bights Mum and McMasterdonia formally recognise each other as separate and independent states.
1610: King Johnslo I is officially crowned. Named after the first Lord Paramount of the united regions of the nation of McMasterdonia.
1612: King Johsnlo I marries the Princess Aurore of Guslantis. 12 issue. Queen Aurore is often called the mother of McMasterdonia and was a revered figure for the rest of her life, and long after.
1625: King Johnslo I dies. Succeeded by King Louis XII.
1630: King Louis XII marries the daughter of Czar Harold I Jefferson, Princess Madelina Jefferson of Malvad in a huge public ceremony. Widely considered to be the first true royal wedding spectacular in McMasterdonian history.
1645: King Louis XII dies, and is succeeded by King Louis XIII.
1655: McMasterdonia settles the third most eastern part of Mcmasterdonia today. Used primarily for spices and tobacco production.
1656: King Louis XIII dies unmarried and childless. His reign and focused exclusively on expansion. Succeeded by King Leopold X
1675: A second plague breaks out. 2 million citizens are wiped out in McMasterdonia. The plague also spreads to nations in the east, most notably, to Floresque.
1676: Great Bights Mum's pirate ships make a courageous journey to deliver food supplies to Mcmasterdonia. This put the country at risk of the plague.
1690: The old King Leopold X of Mcmasterdonia marries the daughter of the ruler of Great Bights Mum. She is his ninth wife.
1701: The King of McMasterdonia dies. No issue to his ninth marriage. By proclamation declares his daughter Issabella as Queen of McMasterdonia.
1701: Prince Ferdinand, the eldest son of the late King leaves Intelligentsia for Capricornia.
1705: Prince Ferdinand formally declares war against his sister.
1705-1735: The "War of the Prides." Called as such as neither of the two siblings would back down, and were too proud to even discuss peace options with the other.
1705. The Avelocci Bank lends money to both sides in the War of the Prides.
1708: Prince Ferdinand marries Colombina de' Avelocci. The Avelocci Bank then agrees to only lend money to the war effort of Prince Ferdinand.
1721: New Capricornia begins to rebel against the Kingdom of McMasterdonia. The Kingdom falling apart in the grips of civil war does nothing to respond, and the Governor of New Capricornia is deposed. The locals rename New Capricornia to the present name, Salvarity.
December, 1735: Prince Ferdinand is defeated in Cape El. He is imprisoned in the Tower of Intelligentsia. The defeat of Prince Ferdinand left the Avelocci bank near bankrupt, and Avelocci were essentially banned from McMasterdonia.
1739: Queen Issabella I of McMasterdonia dies unmarried and childless. Upon her deathbed she invited her brother to see her, where they forgave each other. She is succeeded by her brother King Ferdinand I.
1740: King Ferdinand I dies. Royal Council convenes and appoints King Johnslo II as monarch of McMasterdonia
1741: King Johnslo II marries the sister of Czar Alexander II Acronis, Princess Octavia Acronis of Malvad.
1742: King Johnslo II betroths his sister, Princess Magdalena of McMasterdonia, to Prince Peter of The Russian Empire.
1745: Princess Magdalena makes the long journey to the Russian Empire and marries Prince Peter, becoming Princess Catherine of the Russian Empire.
1745: The native government of Salvarity, having essentially destroyed the local economy, write to King Johnslo II request the right to rejoin the Kingdom. The King Johnslo II writes back stating that the locals had "made their choice and must give democracy and native rule a chance"
1740-1760: Reign of King Johnslo, an era of peace and cultural enlightenment.
1761: King Johnslo III succeeds to the throne after a divisive vote of Royal Council. King Johnslo begins a violent crackdown on flemingovianists, including members of his own family.
1762: Prince Peter becomes Emperor Peter III of the Russian Empire, his wife, Princess Catherine of Mcmasterdonia becomes Empress Catherine.
1762: Later that year Emperor Peter III is killed, and his wife, Empress Catherine becomes Empress of the Russian Empire. She would be known as Catherine the Great of Russia.
1765: King Johnslo III is deposed by his Royal Family. The Royal military and the aristocracy backs the move. Princess Matilda becomes Queen Matilda I of McMasterdonia
1766-1776 Queen Matilda I reign was short but a prosperous one. Her reign focused on the establishment of protection for minority religious groups and trade with the south.
1767: Queen Matilda I marries Joseph Stephan of the House of Clethel, a noble house from the Kingdom of Plemborbria. 4 issue.
1776 King Johsnlo IV ascends to the throne. Like his Mother Queen Matilda II, he was a kind and gentle ruler. But his Regent, Prince Alfred was not. Prince Alfred didn't tolerate failure and routinely executed bureaucrats by throwing them into the great lake and Intelligentsia Palace.
1779: The Ambassador from Great Bights Mum to McMasterdonia is drowned by Prince Alfred. Great Bights Mum is outraged and demands that King Johnslo IV dismiss Prince Alfred. King Johnslo IV obliges and Prince Alfred is imprisoned.
1781: Fanatical supporters of Prince Alfred assassinate King Johnslo IV at the dedication of the War of the Prides memorial in Cape El.
1781: King Johnslo V ascends the throne. Shortest reign of 12 days. Succeeded by Johnslo VI
1781-1785: Johsnlo VI is known as the "do-nothing" King. He ascended the throne at the age of 79 and anarchy & corruption ran rampant during his reign.
1785 - 1808: Princess Matilda ascends the throne, but is known as Queen Issabella II. Queen Issabella's reign focused on a codification of McMasterdonian laws and the establishment of a robust and accountable court system. The current constitution was ratified in 1795.
1787: Queen Issabella II married Prince Paul of Russia, daughter of Empress Catherine the Great and Emperor Peter I the Great of the Russian Empire. Queen Issabella II and Prince Paul were second cousins. 8 issue.
1791: Queen Issabella grants the lands of Anola the right to self-government. This was seen as a bold and controversial move at the time, but has since been hailed as a tremendous success for liberalising the lands.
1796: Empress Catherine the Great of the Russian Empire dies, she was Magdalena and Mcmasterdonia by birth, the sister of McMasterdonian King Johnslo II. Empress Catherine is succeeded by her son, who becomes Emperor Paul I, his wife is declared Empress Issabella of Russia.
1798: Queen Issabella II travels to Anola where she signs the "Treaty of Matte-Turos" with King Josué I. The treaty recognised the mutual friendship and forged an everlasting peace & strong cultural relationship that lasts till this day.
1799: The eldest daughter of Queen Issabella II, Princess Mary marries Emperor Vulnus I the Terrible (1799-1848), a Zor dynasty Emperor of the Empire of Syrixia.
1800s: The Avelocci gradually gain back the wealth they lost and continue to dominate Floregasque politics. As McMasterdonia begins to liberalize, politics in Floresque are tightened and democracy continues to be curtailed. McMasterdoniann-Floresque relations remarkably improve during this period.
1805: New Intelligentsia is by this stage heavily developed and the Royal Family spends millions of livres on the establishment of a huge university on the grounds. A huge temple is built at the top of the small mountain on the island and is used for ritual and prayer.
1808: Queen Issabella II dies. King Johnslo VII ascends the throne and rules for one year. During this time greater expansion into the south and east saw the establishment of more relationships with other TNP nations.
1810: King Johnslo vIII ascends the throne and rules for 15 years.
1812: King Johnslo VIII marries Princess Josephine, of the House Niemza, cousin of Empress Marianne (r. 1823-1866) of Kannex. 8 issue.
1815: War breaks out between Great Bights Mum as McMasterdonia, as the Pirate Ruler believes King Johnslo VIII is responsible for the assassination of his wife.
1817: Peace ensues as the Ruler of Great Bights Mum marries the youngest child of King Johnslo vIII
1819: War breaks out again as the ruler of Great Bights Mum is accused of matricide.
1820: The Ruler of Great Bights Mum dies, his son/daughter is more committed to the war effort.
1821: Port Augusta is placed under the rule of Great Bights Mum
1823: The invaders from Great Bights Mum are driven out of port august and great across the dark sea.
1825:King Johnslo VIII is poisoned. Succeeded by his brother King Johnslo IX
1826: King Johnslo IX agrees to peace with Great Bights Mum. Many suspect that the new King poisoned his brother in order to end the war. King Johnslo IX’s wife Princess Elisabeth, of the House Niemza, sister of Empress Marianne of Kannex, is crowned Queen of the McMasterdonians.
1835: King Johnslo IX dies of cancer. Succeeded by King Wilhelm II
1835-1865: A long and prosperous reign for King Wilhelm who reestablishes trade relationship with Great Bights Mum
1838: King Wilhelm II marries Princess Anora of Lord Ravenclaw.
1850: The island colony of New Intelligentsia is now well known all around the world as a place of study and religion.
1855: The trade relationship between McMasterdonia and Floresque is finally formalized in the Treaty of Castello. The trade relationship grows exponentially from 1855 until the early 1900s.
1865: King Wilhelm II dies, succeeded by King Johnslo X.
1865-1877: Reign of King Johnslo X. Married to Queen Isabella of Lord Ravenclaw.
1877: King Johnslo X succumbs to cancer and dies.
1877-1880: Regency of King Johnslo XI
1880: King Johnslo XI is crowned and marries the princess of Great Bights Mum
1880-1899: King Johnslo's reign focused on education. Agreements were made to send students from McMasterdonia to Great Bights Mum in order to study there. The early formations of student exchange programs begin to form.
1890: In an extremely controversial move, then Crown-Princess Issabella marries Randal Q. Hacker of Norvalkin. Mr Hacker was travelling around the world and had stopped by for a banquet at the Royal Palace. The two immediately fell and love and eloped. This was very controversial and despite the pleas of the King, the Crown Princess had already eloped with her new husband. She was banished from the Kingdom.
1899: King Johnslo XI dies suddenly. His son King Johnslo XII is crowned
1900: A great depression hits, causing record unemployment and famine across both Mcmasterdonia and Great Bights Mum. The global banking system also collapses in the nation of Floresque, trade and foreign travel suffers significantly as the wealthy Floresque lose millions.
1902: King Johnslo XII marries the sister of Czarina Anastasia I Romana, Princess Helga Romana of Malvad. 7 issue.
1905: The City of Cobblers Bay is attacked by ships in the middle of the night, leaving few survivors. Knowing that GBM has the greatest Navy, the McMasterdonians blame them. GBM denies involvement.
1906: Southern invaders attack McMasterdonia. GBM's patrolling navy notices and helps to defend the coast.
1906-1925: McMasterdonia spends millions of livres on the modern development of their navy.
1910: Former Crown Princess Issabella becomes becomes First Lady and is known in McMasterdonia as the "wife of the tyrant", as her husband Randal Q. Hacker becomes President of Norvalkin in a military coup d'etat.
1915: Crown Princess Issabella dies suddenly. King Johnslo XII goes into deep mourning.
1920: King Johnslo XII betroths his daughter, Princess Anne to Emperor Senlok II the Enlightened (reign 1920-1947), of the Zor dynasty of the Empire of Syrixia.
1925: King Johnslo XII dies, succeeded by King Wilhelm III
1925-1930: Reign of King Wilhelm III, married to Princess Ivana of Malvad
1925: King Wilhelm revokes the commission of Chancellor Frederick for ignoring the advice of the upper house on taxation and economic issues.
1931: Reign of King Johnslo XIII begins as King Wilhelm abdicates.
1932: The second depression hits causing great famine across both GBM and McMasterdonia. It is estimated that nearly 2 million people starved to death. The wealthy of Floresque continue to suffer and travel restrictions are imposed.
1935: Depression ends. McMasterdonia and GBM ramp up efforts to ensure food security for the two nations.
1940: A coup attempt against the Avelocci regime is foiled in no small part due to McMasterdonian intelligence. McMasterdonian intelligence had intercepted cables about the attack and alerted the Avelocci regime immediately.
1945: King JOhnslo XIII dies. King Louis XIV becomes king and marries Princess Meghan of Malvad.
1945-2013: Louis XIV having succeeded the throne at 18 years old, becomes the longest ruling monarch of McMasterdonia. This period focused on great military and economic expansion. The King was concerned about making Mcmasterdonia a global power.
1960: Princess Catherine of McMasterdonia, the sister of King Louis XIV marries Prince Henri, the heir apparent of the Kingdom of Lancers (present day The Lancerian Empire).
1961: The King of Lancers, King Jourdan dies suddenly.
1962: Prince Henri becomes King Henri of the Kingdom of Lancers in 1962. Princess Catherine is crowned Queen-Consort of the Kingdom of Lancers. The coronation marks 70 years since the Kingdoms founding in 1892 by King Michel. The King and Queen of McMasterdonia attend their coronation.
1970: The island colony of New Intelligentsia forms it's own colonial council. The University is now one of the largest in the world, and the mountain is reserved only for prayer and spiritual rituals.
1972: Count Gregor of the House McMaster, younger brother of King Louis XIV marries the Princess Nara of the Kingdom of Plembobria.
1973 - Chancellor Amelia Radford publicly attacks King Louis XIV's character and judgement.
1975 - Chancellor Radford is assassinated by a religious fanatic.
1976: Queen Catherine of the Kingdom of Lancers gives birth to a daughter, Princess Amelia. King Louis XIV becomes her godfather.
1977: Princess Nara ascends the throne of the Kingdom of Plembobria and becomes Queen Nara I of Plembobria (1977-2011). her husband becomes Lord Gregor, Royal Consort and Duke of Flithendale. They have two children, Crown Prince Tozian and Princess Nara II.
1981 - Chancellor position formally transferred from Senate to Council of State.
1986 - Civil war breaks out in the Kingdom of Lancers (Present day The Lancerian Empire). Mcmasterdonia remains neutral on the conflict.
1987 - In December 1987, King Louis XIV orders the McMasterdonian Navy into the Bay of Lancers. The Kingdom of Mcmasterdonia offers asylum to the Royal family of the Kingdom of Lancers, who had been overrun during the civil war.
1991 - The Kingdom of McMasterdonia financially, logistically, and militarily backs the return of the Lancers Royal Family to the then Kingdom of Lancers. The Royal Family lands in late 1991 to the triumphant support of the local people.
1999: King Louis XIV appoints his daughter Princess Countess-Palatine Matilda as Chancellor.
2000: King Henri, King of the Kingdom of Lancers is assassinated. He is survived by his wife, Queen-Mother Catherine of McMasterdonia, and his daughter, the now Queen, Amelia.
2001: Then Queen Amelia having taken up her father's battle, with McMasterdonian support, finally creates the Lancerian Empire in 2001. She is crowned Queen-Empress later that year. Then Chancellor of the Senate, Countess-Palatine Matilda attends on behalf of King Louis XIV and Queen Meghan of Malvad.
2011: King Louis XIV officially proclaims the nation as an internationally responsible member of the North Pacific region. The first discussions about regional politics occur on an official level.
2011: Queen Nara I of the Kingdom of Plembobria dies suddenly. She is survived by her husband Lord Gregor, Royal Consort and Duke of Flithendale, and her two children. Her son, King Tozian ascends the throne.
2012: King and Queen of McMasterdonia attend the Vladisvostok conference.
2013: King Louis XIV dies and is survived by Queen Meghan (formerly of Malvad.)
2013: Royal Council convenes and appoints Queen Matilda II as regent pending a formal coronation.
2013: Queen Matilda II is crowned at Cape El.
2013: Lord Gregor, Royal Consort and Duke of Flithendale, of the Kingdom of Plembobria returns to Mcmasterdonia to advice the new Queen, Matilda II.
2013: Duchess of Capricornia, Rosemary Whent, also the then Minister for Foreign Affairs is supported for the position of Chancellor by the Senate.
2014: McMasterdonia formally joins the DU as one of the founding members.
2014: McMasterdonia joins Eumenor, nasania, and Syrixia, as the Chief Mediator of the North Pacific Trade Agreement/Route.
2014: Queen Matilda suspends elections and the Senate due to concerns about external threats. Arrest warrants for Whent and co-conspirators are sent out. (GBM may wish to condemn for this)
2015: Still no elections. Civil war is looming on the horizon, with clashes between multiple factions. Intelligentsia is a mess. Malvad's Ambassador visits to report to the Democratic Union.
January 2015: Rebel attack on train causes mass casualties of refugees who were trying to flee McMasterdonia's civil war for GBM and surrounding nations.
Today
[/i]

The Syrixian Empire had a colonial history and was a major power in Eve until the Empire's decline. Syrixia would not be a power again until the rise of the Most Serene Republic.

Point being, I don't see it unreasonable that one of the Emperors could have married an McMasterdonian. Perhaps even a personal union may have occurred at some point.

That said, it depends on the time. There were two imperial houses that controlled the Empire throughout its history:

215 AD to 1365 AD- the House of Wehlet. They were pacifists, and really only focused on expanding through the Syrixian heartland.

1365 to 1630 AD- the House of Drea. They believed in colonial expansion, but only for exploration's sake. Under the House of Drea, the Empire became a center of culture and splendor. This house would probably be the best for McMasterdonians to marry into.

1630 AD to 1947 AD- the House of Zor. They were basically fascists, believing in aggressive expansion and hegemony over others via intimidation. As the centuries continued, excluding until the final Emperor, Senlok II, the Zor Emperors got more and more insane and lustful for power.

Kannex offers princes and princesses from 1780s onward, for both Mcmasterdonia and Syrixia. That is, provided we had good relations.

May I suggest possible invasion history with Añola (Alt+ 164 for ñ), by that I mean you temporarily annexing the nation. Considering how close-knit both of these nations seem to be, I don't find it unrealistic that there's been disputes.

Kannex:
Kannex offers princes and princesses from 1780s onward, for both Mcmasterdonia and Syrixia. That is, provided we had good relations.
If you ignore the House of Zor's hyperfascist aims and only look at the wealth and power of the Empire at the time, then sure. Emperor Mehet XIV, who ruled at the time, may be interested.

I'd be willing to offer some of the Seren's/King's daughters as partners/spouses to the McMasterdonian Kings.

Probably around the 1200's or the 1300's.

Syrixia:
The Syrixian Empire had a colonial history and was a major power in Eve until the Empire's decline. Syrixia would not be a power again until the rise of the Most Serene Republic.

Point being, I don't see it unreasonable that one of the Emperors could have married an McMasterdonian. Perhaps even a personal union may have occurred at some point.

That said, it depends on the time. There were two imperial houses that controlled the Empire throughout its history:

215 AD to 1365 AD- the House of Wehlet. They were pacifists, and really only focused on expanding through the Syrixian heartland.

1365 to 1630 AD- the House of Drea. They believed in colonial expansion, but only for exploration's sake. Under the House of Drea, the Empire became a center of culture and splendor. This house would probably be the best for McMasterdonians to marry into.

1630 AD to 1947 AD- the House of Zor. They were basically fascists, believing in aggressive expansion and hegemony over others via intimidation. As the centuries continued, excluding until the final Emperor, Senlok II, the Zor Emperors got more and more insane and lustful for power.
I like the background of the three houses. Hmm.

Could you give me three names for the period of the House of Drea. These three names can be the daughters or sister of the King.
Also could you tell me the name of two Kings during that period and the rough time of their reign? That way some McMasterdonians could be possibly sent over for marriage. Will tell you the names and wait for your approval of course.

The House of Zor: Possibly two spouses during this time, perhaps one around the 1800s and one much later, possibly the last of the reign 1920-1947 around that period. Just two names. If you want the last King to be marrried to a Mcmasterdonian then I am okay with that too. Normally we will send the sister of the King, because sibling relationships are valued extremely highly. But it can be the King's daughter if you prefer. Just need his name.

Kannex:

Two princess, one to be married in 1812, and the other in 1826 would be excellent. Just need their names and houses. During that time I can mention that a trading relationship begins to form between us.

Cronaal:
May I suggest possible invasion history with Añola (Alt+ 164 for ñ), by that I mean you temporarily annexing the nation. Considering how close-knit both of these nations seem to be, I don't find it unrealistic that there's been disputes.

Sure. Perhaps very early on in the history of the world Añola could be invaded by the King of Intelligentsia, and made part of his lands. This would be around 1-400AD. Later on we could see Anola abandoned due to various issues. Officially annexed again in 800.
910: Given to local Anola ruler who has married a McMasterdonian princess. 932: Taken back after the local ruler dies. Perhaps sold to Lord Ravenclaw in 1252. It could go on for ages. We could formally give the nation independence in the 1700s if you like. Depends how far along you want it to go.

New Haven:
I'd be willing to offer some of the Seren's daughters as partners/spouses to the McMasterdonian Kings.

Sounds great.

Perhaps we could do one a little earlier. Married to King Leopold in the period of 915-926

I need a name of one to marry the first King in early 1200s
I need a name of one to marry the King in 1233

Also a princess from New Haven could rule as regent in 1377.

So possibly four names from you, and a rough idea about who the King was of New Haven at the time.

I'll post some rough dates to match some things you've posted. Just tell me if anything seems out of place. I put a question mark inside parentheses after things I'm not sure of.

~1240: Floregasque trading ships first reach the shores of McMasterdonia. Early-medieval ships not capable of long voyages on the open ocean, they hug the coasts of the continent until they must cross open ocean twice: once, west of what is now Aurora Orb, and again, traversing the strait west of what is now the Lancerian Empire. This part of the voyage becomes known for its danger, and consequently the area becomes known as the "Straits of Ghosts" in the Floregasque language. Nevertheless, voyages become more regular as wealthy people in Floresque demand McMasterdonian goods.

~1350s-1400s: Ship technology in Floresque advances, allowing for more regular, safer journeys to and from McMasterdonia. Despite the relative ease that trade could happen, though, the long journey was still fraught with peril and McMasterdonian items were still a luxury afforded only to the rich.

~1420s-1450s: The Avelocci family, which would rule Floresque into the present day through manipulation of its political system, come to prominence, and gain wealth through its banking institutions.

~1450s-1500s: Floregasque citizens, spurred on by Avelocci promotion of the arts and sciences, spread abroad. Some travel to McMasterdonia, a faraway land still filled with mystery. This immigration and artistic renaissance culminates, in the minds of modern historians, in the groundbreaking half-length portrait of a McMasterdonian noblewoman by Lorenzo de Vinovo. The portrait, known as the _____, becomes renowned for the striking portrayal of the noblewoman's smile and is almost instantly famous.

~1570s-1640s: The Avelocci, fabulously wealthy and powerful in Floresque, begin to marry their daughters off abroad, seeking true titles of nobility.

~1400s-1600s: Plague, both from McMasterdonia and countless other countries abroad, ravages Floresque nearly half a dozen times.

1705-1735: The Avelocci Bank lends money to both sides in the War of the Prides, but eventually lends almost exclusively to Prince Ferdinand. After his loss, the Avelocci lose immense amounts of money and are nearly banned from McMasterdonia.

~1800s: The Avelocci gradually gain back the wealth they lost and continue to dominate Floregasque politics. As McMasterdonia liberalizes (?), politics in Floresque are tightened and democracy continues to be curtailed.

~1850s-1890s: The trade relationship between McMasterdonia and Floresque is finally formalized in the Treaty of _____ (?)

~1900s-1940s: The global, interconnected banking system collapses in Floresque as well, and a great depression causes wealthy Floregasque to lose millions.

~1930s-1945: A coup attempt against the Avelocci regime is foiled in no small part due to McMasterdonian intelligence. (?)

1950s-modern time: unsure?

1812: Princess Josephine, of the House Niemza, cousin of Empress Marianne (r. 1823-1866)
1826: Princess Elisabeth, of the House Niemza, sister of Empress Marianne

mcmasterdonia:
New Haven:
I'd be willing to offer some of the Seren's daughters as partners/spouses to the McMasterdonian Kings.

Sounds great.

Perhaps we could do one a little earlier. Married to King Leopold in the period of 915-926

I need a name of one to marry the first King in early 1200s
I need a name of one to marry the King in 1233

Also a princess from New Haven could rule as regent in 1377.

So possibly four names from you, and a rough idea about who the King was of New Haven at the time.
Got it.

Possible bride of King Leopold: Saria Gira, 2nd child of King Akar Gira.

King Johnslo's bride(First king of the 1200s): Illia A'gira, 3rd child of King Tarik Gira and Queen Malia A'vena(Around this time was the complete re-unification of NHA).
Louis V's bride(1233): Tora A'gira, 2nd child of the recently crowned King Aku'lu A'gira, first king of the A'gira family.

Possible regent princess(King Louis X's bride): Rena A'gira, 3rd child of reigning Queen Malian A'gira, NHA's royal family is removed from power around 1386.

I'd say Guslantis would fit in around the later 1500's into the 1600's with Guslants becoming monarchs and reagents where needed. I'd like to see the Mother of McMasterdonia be a Guslant, but am fine if not. In the 1700's, a huge push is for a more democratic way, and thus, by the early 1700's there should only be one monarch, if any, and by the latter 1700's, Guslantis switches to a Chancellorship, and thus, runs out of monarchs to contribute. The shift to monarchy happened again recently, with Leah Charles being the second monarch in over 300 years.

mcmasterdonia:
Kannex:

Two princess, one to be married in 1812, and the other in 1826 would be excellent. Just need their names and houses. During that time I can mention that a trading relationship begins to form between us.

Cronaal:

Sure. Perhaps very early on in the history of the world Añola could be invaded by the King of Intelligentsia, and made part of his lands. This would be around 1-400AD. Later on we could see Anola abandoned due to various issues. Officially annexed again in 800.
910: Given to local Anola ruler who has married a McMasterdonian princess. 932: Taken back after the local ruler dies. Perhaps sold to Lord Ravenclaw in 1252. It could go on for ages. We could formally give the nation independence in the 1700s if you like. Depends how far along you want it to go.
I'm willing to allow all of these, Añola has no written history at the moment.

The OP has been updated.

I am waiting on some more information from Syrixia.

A Guslantis citizen will be the "Mother of Mcmasterdonia", so I just need a name from bootsie for that Queen.

I think I've got everything so far.

Eligible Drea Emperors:
Alauar XXVI, 1453-1492
Senlok I the Great, 1538-1587

Eligible Drea Women:
Analina the Younger, Princess of Balamb, Sister of Alauar XXVI
Charlotte, Princess of Lehon, Daughter of Alauar XXVI
Isabella, Princess of Sholyik, Daughter of Senlok I the Great

Eligible Zor Emperors:
Vulnus I the Terrible, 1799-1848
Senlok II the Enlightened, 1920-1947

OP updated.

There are still approximately ~ 11 marriages that need filling. This is also ignoring the marriages that may well occur between siblings and/or children of the McMasterdonian rulers.

I'm willing to add in other matters, such as first ships arriving, early treaties, etc.

plembobria:
I could a marriage or two from plembobria's dynastic era. I'll get back to you on this tomorrow.
Cool. You've been a monarchy for a while though right? Doesn't necessarily have to be marriages between autocratic rulers or anything. A more modern match is also appropriate.

Not often in Naizerre's history were the tribes united enough for a High Chief (Ngê Gbïä), although the Mtobo dynasty reigned from 986 to 1102 and would fit Louis III's wife of 1037/38. This wife would be called Adebowale. The Ngongo dynasty rules from 1350 to 1423 and could be a fit for the 1385 marriage as well. This wife would be called Noako.

Naizerri nomadic herders may have ranged as far north as your territories and raided the area during your civil war/anarchy period of 1100-1195.

Saving for future use:

McMasterdonian history with Yrkidding.

Prince Henri, heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Lancers (in present day The Lancerian Empire) marries Princess Catherine of McMasterdonia, the sister of King Louis XIV in May, 1960.
The King Jourdan of the Kingdom of Lancers dies in 1961.
Prince Henri becomes King Henri of the Kingdom of Lancers in 1962. Princess Catherine is crowned Queen-Consort of the Kingdom of Lancers. The coronation marks 70 years since the Kingdoms founding in 1892 by King Michel.
They give birth to Amelia in 1976
Making her 25 at the time of the Empire's formation
Perhaps they had some dead kids or something. Or they just liked Amelia the most.
In 1986 civil war breaks out, in December 1987, they are taken back to Mcmasterdonia by our navy
In 1991, they come home with our financial and air/logistical support, perhaps some limited soldiers on teh ground.
in 2000, the king dies, is succeeded by Amelia.

History with Norvalkin

In 1890, Crown Princess Issabella marries Randal Q. Hacker of Norvalkin. Mr Hacker was travelling around the world and had stopped by for a banquet at the Royal Palace. The two immediately fell and love and eloped. This was very controversial and despite the pleas of the King, the Crown Princess had already eloped with her new husband. She was banished from the Kingdom.

1910: Randal Q. Hacker becomes President of Norvalkin in a military coup d'etat. Issabella becomes First Lady and is known in McMasterdonia as the "wife of the tyrant".

The Wolvesh often worked as mercenary units and privateers for much of their history so if you feel like having hired some in the past feel free.

and am pretty sure I could rustle up a princess or two

(I actually need to a do an in depth timeline...)

McM, do you think you'd be OK with Senlok II's wife getting murdered with him? They were murdered Romanov-style, children and all, by the communists, and were consecrated as saints by the Church of Syrixia in 2007.

Syrixia:
McM, do you think you'd be OK with Senlok II's wife getting murdered with him? They were murdered Romanov-style, children and all, by the communists, and were consecrated as saints by the Church of Syrixia in 2007.

That's fine. :lol:

mcmasterdonia:
plembobria:
I could a marriage or two from plembobria's dynastic era. I'll get back to you on this tomorrow.
Cool. You've been a monarchy for a while though right? Doesn't necessarily have to be marriages between autocratic rulers or anything. A more modern match is also appropriate.
The polity known as "The Kingdom of Plembobria" has had five monarchs, and was established in 1799. I offer, for Matilda I, Joseph Stephan of the House of Clethel. The Clethels were a noble house in vying to achieve sovereignty over Plembobria. They were the only just and righteous ones. A diplomatic marriage could have been made in an effort to secure McMasterdonian support. If you want to get involved in my history.

Let's not forget the marriage between Count Gregor and Queen Nara!

plembobria:
mcmasterdonia:
plembobria:
The polity known as "The Kingdom of Plembobria" has had five monarchs, and was established in 1799. I offer, for Matilda I, Joseph Stephan of the House of Clethel. The Clethels were a noble house in vying to achieve sovereignty over Plembobria. They were the only just and righteous ones. A diplomatic marriage could have been made in an effort to secure McMasterdonian support. If you want to get involved in my history.

Let's not forget the marriage between Count Gregor and Queen Nara!

That's excellent. I'll add them both in now, thanks for reminding me about Count Gregor ;) I also just commented in your thread.

4NzLpFz.png

There is a volcano in the north of Añola, in the Donde county. Would this have effected McMasterdonia in any way?

Hmm. Well I said that early on in our history that we abandoned Anola because of financial reasons. Perhaps that could have been an eruption.

How active did you want it to be?

mcmasterdonia:
Hmm. Well I said that early on in our history that we abandoned Anola because of financial reasons. Perhaps that could have been an eruption.

The area around the volcano, let's name it Matte Peak for now, is incredibly empty due to lack of civilization and plantlife. I'd like to assume there's an eruption every 100-200 years, tell me if this unrealistic because I'm not an expert on this or know much at all, and that it'd be quite a powerful volcano that would be able to cause some damage to the north peak of the small peninsula.

Cronaal:
mcmasterdonia:

The area around the volcano, let's name it Matte Peak for now, is incredibly empty due to lack of civilization and plantlife. I'd like to assume there's an eruption every 100-200 years, tell me if this unrealistic because I'm not an expert on this or know much at all, and that it'd be quite a powerful volcano that would be able to cause some damage to the north peak of the small peninsula.

I don't know either. But I think the general principle is the less often it erupts, the more powerful the explosion. I'm happy to accommodate that though.

Back