"Families"

Syrixia

The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
I'm noticing a few "families" here and there such as the Anumia clan in Europeia and the Starks all over NS, as well as numerous others. How do those work? What if one of us in TNP started our own?

Thoughts?

Anumia's, Starks, Montresors... Sigh, it's one large incestuous mess.

I am related to them by marriage, somehow. My husband is the son of Rachel Anumia (now Erikson) and North East Somerset. Which links me to that mess above.

Still, that one large incestuous mess is quite attractive.

To me, TNP seems kind of generic- while we are the most active in NS by far, we have a very basic theme. The Delegate is literally the Delegate, for example.

For that reason, I think it'd be good for TNP culturally and reputationally (plus I'm curious XD) if we started our own family and joined the incestuous mess.

Lord Ravenclaw:
Anumia's, Starks, Montresors... Sigh, it's one large incestuous mess.

I am related to them by marriage, somehow. My husband is the son of Rachel Anumia (now Erikson) and North East Somerset. Which links me to that mess above.
Also technically Rachel is NES's daughter as well.

So what do you all think about starting a family for TNP? What should we call it, and how should we spread it?

No no no. It should be elegant and regal, like Anumia and Stark and Montresor are. Sanguine fits the bill.

Anyone else, thoughts? Should TNP start the Sanguine clan?

XD. Maybe we should have a vote on this? Not in the RA of course, but in the Agora, in a poll thread?

NS dynasties/families are the stupidest thing ever.

It's merely a way for people to coast along on their name from region to region without ever having to prove that they have any worth... just like real life.

I disagree. I consider it a way for players to be more connected culturally, and to be able to experience more through what their fellow clan members all across NS have to offer.

Doesn't have the same elegant ring to it as Sanguine does...but still, a good suggestion.

Myroria:
NS dynasties/families are the stupidest thing ever.

It's merely a way for people to coast along on their name from region to region without ever having to prove that they have any worth... just like real life.
Is that why they were banned in Taijitu-land?

Well she is the Delegate.

Anyways, if I started the Sanguine Family, who would join it? It'd expand later and invite people, but who would join it right off the bat?

Syrixia:

Anyways, if I started the Sanguine Family, who would join it? It'd expand later and invite people, but who would join it right off the bat?
Syrixia, that's Citizen-Delegate. Why are we naming the family after blood?

plembobria:
Syrixia:

Syrixia, that's Citizen-Delegate. Why are we naming the family after blood?
Some of us will need some after the Great War. :lol:

Nominally I'm still part of the Holland family, not that I think anyone else still is. :P

Nierr:
Nominally I'm still part of the Holland family, not that I think anyone else still is. :P
Tano Holland of The East Pacific; in Osiris he petitioned the Pharaoh (Severisen) for recognition of House Holland last year sometime, I recognised it (as the House Registrar) as he pushed on the fact you and he shared an ancestor or something. Celeste Holland?

*shrugs*

p. much. Celeste is, iirc, OT in the TNP irc who was my brother(sister?) back in the day.

Perhaps I should start a thread for the Sanguine clan? Where should I start it?

I've always found NS families to be not just absurd and pointless, but on the balance harmful to regional culture. We shouldn't import them in TNP, certainly not in any prominent manner.

I think I am or used to be Nierr's brother through Earth, not sure what the family name was. From among current citizens, I may have also been Cormac's brother (same link as with Nierr), and I used to be married to NES for a while (a marriage we were using primarily to mock the family system :P ).

r3naissanc3r:
I've always found NS families to be not just absurd and pointless, but on the balance harmful for regional culture. We shouldn't import them to TNP, certainly not in any prominent manner.

I think I am or used to be Nierr's brother through Earth, not sure what the family name was. From among current citizens, I may have also been Cormac's brother (same link as with Nierr), and I used to be married to NES for a while (a marriage we were using primarily to mock the family system :P ).
I'm not entirely sure what version of Earth I was son of though. Because there was Osiris semi-GoT-like Earth character married to Biyah, her existing connection back to Europeia and then she was married to Unibot in some sort of other way. It's very odd and obviously I disavow any connection to the Unibot link (as i'm sure you and p. much everyone who may have been involved in that one does).

Back