Future RP: Who's Interested?

Ceretis:
The strength of these plasma EM shields depends on the quantity of energy you can dump into the shield. These shields will protect physical attacks up to a given level and EM/radiation to a given extent. Also much again boils down to how much energy you throw into them as they're energy hogs. Depending on the size of the nuke used and the power the ISS was throwing into its shields will determine the quantity of damage that may have passed through the shielding.
I doubt a ship that size would have enough energy to support enough shielding in addition to its big power intake. Plus, we've learned from the Star Wars movies they can be destroyed by critical hits from small vessels...

I'm not saying the ship will be blown up, I'm just saying a critical hit and a loss of a few systems wouldn't surprise me.

Bootsie:
Ceretis:
The strength of these plasma EM shields depends on the quantity of energy you can dump into the shield. These shields will protect physical attacks up to a given level and EM/radiation to a given extent. Also much again boils down to how much energy you throw into them as they're energy hogs. Depending on the size of the nuke used and the power the ISS was throwing into its shields will determine the quantity of damage that may have passed through the shielding.
I doubt a ship that size would have enough energy to support enough shielding in addition to its big power intake. Plus, we've learned from the Star Wars movies they can be destroyed by critical hits from small vessels...
That was the Death Star. :lol:

But still, the Syrixian Empire isn't as dumb as the Galactic Empire. It would definitely take measures to make sure its ships are more secure.

Bootsie:
I'm not saying the ship will be blown up, I'm just saying a critical hit and a loss of a few systems wouldn't surprise me.
That seems reasonable. Nothing a good mechanics' battalion can't fix.

Syrixia:
Bootsie:
Ceretis:

But still, the Syrixian Empire isn't as dumb as the Galactic Empire. It would definitely take measures to make sure its ships are more secure.
I wasn't referring to the Death Star. I was referring to the Executor.

Syrixia:
Bootsie:
Ceretis:
hqdefault.jpg

Then why is there this picture of a Super Star Destroyer getting blown up after being rammed by a frigging starfighter?

Gee, I don't know. Maybe it's in Episode 7?

That's because Admiral Piett was incompetent and failed to protect a giant ship from a small kamikaze fighter. Also, only dumb fools put their shield generators in easy-to-hit places. Piett was one of those fools. I have zero trust in his commanding ability. Also, I think the sudden dramatic destruction of the Executor was only for dramatic effect. I highly doubt an explosion on the bridge could suddenly total a ship, especially of that size.

It was a friggin' nuke, for heaven's sake. I'll make all my ships like that, hell, if you allow a ship to withstand a nuke.

Well, to be fair, the thing fell into the Death Star's gravity well and smashed. Of course, the pillar of flame makes no sense, but who doesn't love an explosion?

Interesting you would say that. Many sources who disagreed in the destruction say the gravitational pull of the Death Star was a contributing factor in its pull downward so suddenly. Others say it could've been unclear who took command after Piett (since, you know a ship that size has to have more than one bridge) since Vader kept killing off his officers.

Syrixia:
Bootsie:
Ceretis:

Yup, I have the solution right here.
137661.jpg

Nebula:
Well, to be fair, the thing fell into the Death Star's gravity well and smashed. Of course, the pillar of flame makes no sense, but who doesn't love an explosion?
Which pillar of flame? The one from the bridge or the impact?

Ceretis:
Syrixia:
Bootsie:
Ceretis:

Yup, I have the solution right here.
137661.jpg
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Also FYI, Peacekeepers are not technically part of the Khanate military, they're genetically enhanced offshoots of the Wolvesh sorta like how Romulans are separate from Vulcans, they're independent of the Khan.

So, that's what Erik is a part of? And what did you mean by the Admiral had Guslant blood in her?

Peacekeepers do have non-Peacekeeper recruits, Garret is one of the few Wolvesh (who haad a Guslantian ancestor) to join up. Think of Peacekeeper being an organisational name and an ethnicity, sort of like how in Farscape the Sebaceans were better known by the name Peacekeepers

I didn't know if you were hinting at someone like I've done for most of my characters.

Examples:

Erik Hall is a descendant of Kyle Hall and Leah Charles

Alex Durand is a descendant of Alec Durand and Alicia Burns

Samantha Tucker is a descendant of Jordan Tucker and Emily Akerman

Grace Hilley is a descendant of Hunter Hilley and Madeleine Knowles

Well Garret is a descendant of the Khans of the 20th/21st centuries so she could well be descended from the Charles or Hilley families

Wait, if Grace is the descendant of Hunter and Madeline, who's the descendant of Hunter and Abigail and where is he/she now?

I'm starting to feel like now we've gone the opposite way. The Great War Saga is starting to overshadow the Future RP. We need to try and handle both of them. What do you guys think?

My :2c: I've been wanting to have/hear more stories and interactions on daily life, colonization efforts, collaborations, cool events people's encounters, etc.

I'm hoping to hear these events develop too, not just "and the colony was founded... the end" Problems? Minor conflicts between colonists? Virus? Who's setting these things up? Did you forget something and have to make do?

It's difficult to run the time in RP, but if you have to write a few times (on multiple days) of how the project is progressing, and it's not godmod quick (10 year project in 2 days) than we'll have a rich storyline to work.

I'm interested in joining this, but don't want to just blunder in. Should I wait until your stuff gets resolved before Tlacopantec joins the space race?

There is another OOC Draft thread you should look at, it has the technical specs on the system and some of the tech you'll encounter. Look at the corporation list and figure out what your corp is the leader in and post in that thread so we can update.

I have writer's block and Nebula is moving in right next to my nation's head space station, how awful.

As negotiations went on and an Imperial station was under construction at Tschai, the Consileen Fleet, which was much bigger than the Tschai Fleet, headed for the distant planet. They were under orders to take over the Cro Arms station on Consileen and kill all Cro Arms personnel inside, turning the city into an Imperial space station, and perhaps their gateway to interstellar space. Settling into orbit around the dark-green gas giant, the Cro Arms city was within visual range. They moved closer, sending legions of boarding ships holding armed stormtroopers to the city itself.

um what the fuck.

Cronaal:
As negotiations went on and an Imperial station was under construction at Tschai, the Consileen Fleet, which was much bigger than the Tschai Fleet, headed for the distant planet. They were under orders to take over the Cro Arms station on Consileen and kill all Cro Arms personnel inside, turning the city into an Imperial space station, and perhaps their gateway to interstellar space. Settling into orbit around the dark-green gas giant, the Cro Arms city was within visual range. They moved closer, sending legions of boarding ships holding armed stormtroopers to the city itself.

um what the fuck.
After my moment, I must add that I refuse to acknowledge any death of the CEO and that everyone living in any Cro Arms city work for Cro Arms meaning they're all Cro Arms personnel.

Cronaal:
um what the fuck.
I'd surrender if I were you. You didn't think I'd go back on my promise to make Cro Arms a slave company of the Empire?

Back