Stalin For Delegate! (Again)

Greetings, my fellow TNPers!

I am stalin1953 and I am running for the Election for Delegate. Before I tell you my manifesto, I would like to say that Tomb is a great delegate and he has done a lot of things to help the North Pacific. Also, due to disapproval of my previous manifesto during the Special Election for Delegate, I have changed some of my views and also removed some of my previous goals if I was elected in the last election.

Now, I would like to tell you my election manifesto.

Why am I running for Delegate?

I am running for Delegate, because I have ran in many previous elections, such as the Special Vice Delegate election etc etc. I have lost in these elections, since I did not have a campaign manifesto for my campaign. Because I have announced my run again, I would like to create a election manifesto so that you will support me this election. Another reason why I want to run is because I would like to improve relations with other regions in the game and appoint smaller nations and not big nations so that the small nations will have a chance to do something for our region.

Goals for this Term:

1)Foreign Affairs

If I am elected, I would try to create more embassies with different regions that we do not have relations with and also, I would try to terminate our embassies with some regions if something happens in that region, such as the government being overthrown etc.

2) Defense

I will start wars with different regions that will harm us in the future. I will also use the army to liberate a region if a region is in need because of a oppressive government. And if someone declares war on us, I will interfere and try our best to defeat the enemies that are attacking our region. I will also pledge funding to hospitals in the North Pacific and do my best to treat all wounded soldiers.

3)Endorsements:

Endorsements is a big issue in this region. I have seen some countries with very large populations only receiving very little amounts of endorsements. I think these countries should get more endorsements, since they are also part of our region and we have to care for them like they are our friends. This will be an independent initiative and it will not be linked to the World Assembly Development Program. To promote this small nations, I will set up a forum asking small nations to PM me so that I can create a list of nations that need endorsing from the bigger nations with a lot of endorsements.

Last Words:

To round up, I would like to tell my fellow TNPers that you should support me for this election, since my goals will be good for the region. Vote Stalin1953 for Delegate!

As Theodore Roosevelt once said, "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."

stalin1953:
Cabinet:

I have never seen a person that has under 50 endorsements being appointed Minister, so I think this is very unfair to other people, because the same people are nominated every year to be Minister, while the other people that are not nominated doing nothing.
Okay, two things.

Can you tell me how many endorsements my TNP nation has? Can you tell me when it was last in the WA?

The answer is 0 and over a month ago. I'm also Minister of Foreign Affairs (part of the cabinet).

When I was Minister of Culture under McMasterdonia, that nation - Lord Ravenclaw also had 0 endorsements. Why? Because my WA was in another region.

People are offered cabinet roles for a variety of reasons. Endorsement count isn't a factor in that - the endorsement count only matters (along with your spdr) if you want to join the Security Council.

Stalin, what's the one thing that differentiates or will differentiate you from the other candidates for Delegate?

What other regions are currently harming us, and how?

What kind of events do you consider to be "fun things"?

What's the biggest difference between the WADP & your small nation endorsement initiative?

The thing that differentiates me from the other candidates for Delegate is that I am a independent candidate who is not influential in this region and with no prior cabinet, delegate experience (only ambassador) that is trying to be elected to represent our region and its interests. The biggest difference between the WADP and my small nation endorsement initiative is that while the WADP is "a campaign that aims to increase awareness among nations in The North Pacific of the benefits of World Assembly (WA) membership and maintaining high endorsement counts", my small nation initiative is trying to get small nations with 20 endorsements, 30 endorsements, 40 endorsements, 50 endorsements to 90 endorsements to be more influential in our region and not be left out as a part of our region. For example, LibertarianLand, who has 2.531 billion people but with only 49 endorsements is a example of how some nations are left out. Not only are there small countries that do not have that much endorsements, big countries also do not have that much endorsements. Also, some nations in the North Pacific that have almost 10 billion, 23 billion etc citizens have not even joined the WA yet. My initiative is trying to persuade more countries with many endorsements to endorse this small nations and big nations without that much endorsements so that they won't feel that lonely and they will think that more people care for them. Also, my initiative will also persuade some countries in the North Pacific to join the WA so that the number of North Pacific nations with WA membership will be increased greatly, so that our region will be more influential when these nations without WA membership are endorsed. Thank you for your cooperation Alta Italia.

But ENDORSEMENTS DON'T MATTER. Someone who isn't even in the WA can be a pillar of or region, such as Lord Ravenclaw. And your initiative is just a more focused version of the WADP. Being WA Delegate doesn't just mean you have to focus on the WA and endorsements. The reason our leaders are the WA Delegates are because they have executive powers in the in-game region, not just because they represent us at the WA. The WA Delegate also has many other responsibilities in the region, as he/she occupies its highest office.

Learn about the position you're running for rather than writing an entire manifesto based on the name of such a position.

Personally, I like your tenacity. That said, I believe it would benefit your chances in the future greatly if you took the time to work within some of the departments and established experience as a Deputy or eventual Cabinet level appointee.

I think certain people are being unnecessarily harsh on you. While I don't think you have necessarily what it takes to be the Delegate, I think you have a lot of ideas and a lot of potential.

Stalin, what's the first thing you'd do if elected?
Name the one project or initiative that you would keep most similar to what it is currently, if any, and why.
Name one project of initiative that you would introduce, reintroduce, dramatically change, or discontinue, if any, and why.

I do agree with Funk that there is a bit of unnecessary roughness here. You do have a certain spunk in you that is admirable. Rather than shoving all else down, let's break down your platform and attempt to build a basis.

1)Foreign Affairs:
If I am elected, I would try to create more embassies with different regions that we do not have relations with and also, I would try to terminate our embassies with some regions if something happens in that region, such as the government being overthrown etc.

This is a bit tricky. To create embassies willy-nilly is a bit silly. It can cause a bit of unnecessary clutter that might not prove valuable to a region, especially when it comes to RMB spam. On the flip side, if you can find regions that share interests, it can provide for some interesting events and unique personalities potentially joining.

2) Defense:
I will start wars with different regions that will harm us in the future. I will also use the army to liberate a region if a region is in need because of a oppressive government. And if someone declares war on us, I will interfere and try our best to defeat the enemies that are attacking our region. I will also pledge funding to hospitals in the North Pacific and do my best to treat all wounded soldiers.

You've definitely got a role-play side to you, don't you? When it comes to defense in NationStates, it typically is on the Raiding and Defending Spectrum. You have the Liberation point down pat it seems, however, going half-cocked about warring and the like. Typically, you will not truly war in the game, simply attack and conquer a region (or sweep in and liberate it, on the other end of the spectrum.) When it comes to requiring funding for the wounded, there isn't much that can be done there. Sure, you can role-play a war and require medical needs, but when it comes to Gameplay, there are typically no casualties from clicking your mouse at the right time.

3)Endorsements:
Endorsements is a big issue in this region. I have seen some countries with very large populations only receiving very little amounts of endorsements. I think these countries should get more endorsements, since they are also part of our region and we have to care for them like they are our friends. This will be an independent initiative and it will not be linked to the World Assembly Development Program. To promote this small nations, I will set up a forum asking small nations to PM me so that I can create a list of nations that need endorsing from the bigger nations with a lot of endorsements.

Now here is where you lost me. Sure, having a decent endorsement count can be grand, but it should not be a massive focus. Some people do not wish to hold an endorsement count, or seek out endorsements. Rather, they play the game as a game, answering issues and voting in the WA. No matter how "large" the "population" of a nation is, it is not directly related to the endorsement count they should/do receive. Essentially, what you are trying to do, is make the WADP more focused, as Syrixia stated. For some people, like myself and others, we endorse nations regardless of who they are or what they are doing (also known as endo-tarting). Others play it a bit more conservatively and endorse those they feel have done more to deserve the endorsement. Others still just don't bother.

Leaving it simply, there are flaws in your plan. Your heart is in the right place, sure, but the way you are going about getting it done is a bit too dull. Leading a region is more than establishing embassies, raging war, and throwing up the endorsements in the region. It's about doing what will improve the region and make it a stronger community and respected force in the world. Sure, the other pieces eventually come into play, but you have to be willing to see things go in a way that you don't wish, and facing the controversy the office has.

Other than that, best of luck! And if it doesn't work out, try as Gracius Maximus said and work at a lower level and climb to gain experience.

A few questions:

What will be the position of The North Pacific toward the New Pacific Order (The Pacific) if you're elected?

What are your thoughts on the current situation in Balder, with democratic government being unilaterally dissolved by the Delegate, at least temporarily?

What is your position on the World Assembly Legislative League (WALL)? Is it working? How could it be improved? Should it be entirely scrapped?

Thanks, and best of luck!

Now I know I was rather harsh on you last time you ran. I like how persistent you are, though. I would, however, suggest that you become more involved in the community; I hate to say it, but I hardly ever see you post except for when election time comes. I'd like to see you do a little more before I vote for you.

Do keep trying, and one day you just might ascend to the delegacy. :)

Do you believe the NPAF should be required to disclose operations to the Regional Assembly while they are ongoing, provided reasonable exceptions are made for classification of sensitive operations, or do you believe disclosure after an operation is sufficient?

Back