A proposal to form a North Pacific Monetary Fund

plembobria

TNPer
-
A Proposal to form a North Pacific Monetary Fund.

The Kingdom of Plembobria proposes the formation of an international organization to promote economic growth in the region.

Goals of the NPMF:
  • Provide aid to TNP nations in need.
  • Increase employment in all member nations.
  • Develop a standard exchange rate.
  • Promote fiscal responsibility throughout the region.

Current NPMF policy:
  1. The NPMF will be funded voluntarily by member nations.
  2. The NPMF will be led by a chairman who will be elected by the Board of Governors for two months.
  3. The Board of Governors will consist of four nations who shall have an economic rating of Very Strong or higher.
  4. The Board of Governors will elected by plurality by the members of the NPMF every four months.
  5. The first Board of Governors will be appointed by the Kingdom of Plembobria, which shall be the first Chairman.
  6. The currencies of the nations on the Board of Governors shall be averaged to produce the Standard NPMF Exchange Mechanism. (SNEM)
  7. The Board of Governors will decide which nations to provide monetary aid to, and shall set certain requirements for that nation to meet within a certain amount of time set by them.

Code:
[b]Nation name:[/b]
[b]Economic Rating:[/b]
[b]Head of Government[/b]
[b]Treasurer (or equivalent):[/b]
[b]Finance minister (or equivalent):[/b]
[b]Currency:[/b]
[b]How much will your government provide to the NPMF per month? (in your currency):[/b]

Banks may contribute to this organization by simply stating how much they would like to contribute.

OOC stuff:
I know that in-game statistics are very poor, and that the value of currencies set by certain calculator sites, such as nseconomy fluctuate regularly. I will officially use nseconomy to calculate unemployment and the value of currencies, but they will be checked at the first of every month, and that will be the official value for the NPMF for the rest of the month. I am definitely open to comments, so if you can help to improve this organization, please do!!!

I intend to launch this organization by the 28th if I get enough applications. You may also comment in this thread.

I specifically would like comments regarding how statistics regarding currency and economics should be considered, measured, and dealt with. I also need suggestions regarding the NPMF policy!!

syrixia.png

-A MESSAGE FROM THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF THE MOST SERENE REPUBLIC OF SYRIXIA-

My dear friends and colleagues in Plembobria,

The Syrixian Ministry of Finance was established by Prime Minister Alfred Nursson for the sole purpose of managing the economy and keeping Syrixia stable in such terms. Thus, I am ecstatic to hear of the foundation of this new organization, the North Pacific Monetary Fund. The amount of international cooperation, trade and friendship in TNP has soared over the past few years, and I am excited to see that such cooperation is now entering into the world of economics. It is my belief that an international organization for economics has always been needed and is long-overdue, and, as such, I find it hard to pass up such an organization as this. Below is the official, Parliament-approved application of the Most Serene Republic of Syrixia to join the North Pacific Monetary Fund.

Regards,
Ross Jub'uy, Minister of Finance, Syrixia​

Nation name: The Most Serene Republic of Syrixia
Economic Rating: Very Strong (OOC: Though I see this as a hindrance to the creativity of creating a nation; based on what I see as the profits of my nation's industries and jobs and ALL THE THINGS it should be more like somewhere between Frightening and All-Consuming)
Head of Government: Alfred Nursson
Treasurer (or equivalent): Ross Jub'uy
Finance minister (or equivalent): Ross Jub'uy
Currency: Aureia
How much will your government provide to the NPMF per month? (in your currency): Minimum ?20.000.000|00, maximum ?50.000.000|00.

Nation name: Plembobria
Economic Rating: 94
Head of Government Ivan Nelson
Treasurer (or equivalent): Paul Kunkel
Finance minister (or equivalent): N/A
Currency: plemp
How much will your government provide to the NPMF per month? (in your currency): P6.8 billion.

The Kingdom of DavidLand is eager to be a founding member of the NPMF. We believe that standardized exchange rates and a central organization to provide aid and help economies will be a big boost to nations in the North Pacific.

Nation name:Kingdom of DavidLand
Economic Rating: 97 (Frightening)
Head of Government Prime Minister Albert Moore Smith
Treasurer (or equivalent):Bill Lances
Finance minister (or equivalent):Bill Lances
Currency:Plancket
How much will your government provide to the NPMF per month? (in your currency): not less than 15,000,000 and not more than 50,000,000

Nation name:The United States of New Sekai
Economic Rating: 12.
Head of Government Sens? Ky?ki.
Treasurer (or equivalent): Sens? Ky?ki (Under martial law.).
Finance minister (or equivalent): Sens? Ky?ki. (Under martial law).
Currency: Tsuka.
How much will your government provide to the NPMF per month? (in your currency): $100,000,000.00 (I don't know how much that is in my nation currency because NSEconomy isn't working right now?)

New England West is happy to help out nations in need of help, and therefore would like to be apart of the NPMF.

Nation name: New England West
Economic Rating: Very Good
Head of Government President Cameron King
Treasurer (or equivalent): Secretary of the Treasury Lew Jacob
Finance minister (or equivalent): Secretary of the Treasury Lew Jacob
Currency: Dollar
How much will your government provide to the NPMF per month? (in your currency): 15,000,000- 25,000,000$

The Tronkandal Ministry of Finance is very positive towards a transregional monetary fund. Although our unemployment rates are low, there is aways room for improvements. We also believe that overall growth in the purchasing power throughout the region will stimulate the market to improve investment and trade.

Nation name: The Kingdom of Tronkandal
Economic Rating: 97/frightening
Head of Government Per Hagen
Treasurer (or equivalent): See below
Finance minister (or equivalent): Grete Karlsen
Currency: Tronkandal Krone (TRK)
How much will your government provide to the NPMF per month? (in your currency): TRK 50,000,000.00-75,000,000.00

Nation name: Xentherida
Economic Rating: 96 (All-consuming)
Head of Government Adam Reitano
Treasurer (or equivalent): See below
Finance minister (or equivalent): Matthew Walker
Currency: Woof
How much will your government provide to the NPMF per month? (in your currency):
Min: W$5,000,000
Max: W$200,000,000
1 Woof is equivalent to ~$1.50

NOTE: For anyone who can't access nseconomy, try this link: http://www.broomdces.com/nseconomy
Oh, and for nseconomy, it doesn't use in game stats for expenditure, GDP and GDP per capita.

All applications are accepted. All applicant nations please post their GDP's in this thread. Estimate your own GDP, do it realistically.

To do this, think of your nation's trade and economy. Find out what your exports are, what your nation produces. You can use in-game industry stats for inspiration, but don't rely too heavily on them. Find the closest economically comparable RL country. This page shows a list of countries in the world by nominal GDP per capita. Decide what your nation's GDP per capita is, and multiply it by your population.

Members have until next monday to do this.

Code:
[b]Population:[/b] 
[b]GDP per capita[/b] 
[b]GDP:[/b]

plembobria:
All applications are accepted. All applicant nations please post their GDP's in this thread. Estimate your own GDP, do it realistically.

To do this, think of your nation's trade and economy. Find out what your exports are, what your nation produces. You can use in-game industry stats for inspiration, but don't rely too heavily on them. Find the closest economically comparable RL country. This page shows a list of countries in the world by nominal GDP per capita. Decide what your nation's GDP per capita is, and multiply it by your population.

Code:
[b]GDP per capita[/b] 
Expect one of these from me tomorrow or the day after.

plembobria:

Code:
[b]GDP per capita[/b] 
Population: 2,749,000,000.
GDP per capita: $54,596.00 (RL Country I use: The United States of America.)
GDP: $150,084,404,000,000.00 (That seemed to be really unrealistic?)

Mr Insanity:
plembobria:

Code:
[b]GDP per capita[/b] 
I am sorry for borderline thread jacking but I have to point out New Sekai that is way to extreme and both population and economy are RIDICULOUS. Your nation may be one of the larger, but 2.7 billion is ridiculous for a nation to attempt to maintain. Ignoring everything else your nation is roughly the size of Guyana (smaller then Laos). The higher your population density the less likely you will be a prosperous nation (small island nations are the obvious exception to this rule due. them more or less turning into a large port city on trade lanes) At that level you defiantly can not feed your people let alone have them prosper.

Look at other nations in TNP around your size. Myself, Syrixia, and Bustos for example are all larger then you all claim less then 90 million in population.

I agree, and I have thusly resolved to adopt an RP population. I'm envisioning somewhere around the population of Sweden.

Lord Lore is correct, Mr Insanity, you will need to revise your numbers.

Population: 24,486,156
GDP per capita $48,563
GDP: $1,189,121,193,828

Nation name: The Andulan Union
Economic Rating: GP - "Reasonable" RP - "Frieghtening" (I answered maybe 1.25 issues a month on average)
Head of Government De Jure - N/A; De Facto - Director Dakara
Finance minister (or equivalent): Director Ianta
Currency: Andulan Trade Piece (1 ?ATP pegged to 1.35 $NSD
How much will your government provide to the NPMF per month? (in your currency): ? 75,651,870.37 ($ 102,130,025.00 NSD)

Population: 75,240,650
GDP per capita (Nominal ATP): ?64,200.00
GDP (Nominal ATP): ?4,830,449,730,000.00
GDP per capita (Nominal NSD) : $86,670.00
GDP (Nominal NSD): $6,521,107,135,500.00

Additional Information (All stats in NSD):

Labour Market(# of Workers): 38,214,500
Broad Money Stock (Savings, Loans, etc): $7,071,180,430,500
Narrow Money Stock (Hard Currency):$2,899,670,055,750
Government Budget: $1,141,193,748,713
Foreign Debt: $1,433,877,474,915
National Debt: $4,034,546,092,890 (61.87% of GDP)
Economic Sectors
  • Agriculture - 5.2%
  • Industry - 44.2%
  • Service - 50.6%
Emloyment by Sector
  • Agriculture - 6.1%
  • Industry - 48.7%
  • Service - 45.2%

The Andulan Union is admitted.

Message to members: You are welcome to decide your nation's currency's exchange rate to NSD.

Population: 62,827,163 (Syrixia isn't that smaller than Andulus so I'd figured I'd go not that far from him.)
GDP per capita $76,814 (?88,336|00)
GDP: $4,826,005,698,682 (?5,549,906,553,484)

Lord Lore:
Mr Insanity:
plembobria:

Code:
[b]GDP per capita[/b] 
I am sorry for borderline thread jacking but I have to point out New Sekai that is way to extreme and both population and economy are RIDICULOUS. Your nation may be one of the larger, but 2.7 billion is ridiculous for a nation to attempt to maintain. Ignoring everything else your nation is roughly the size of Guyana (smaller then Laos). The higher your population density the less likely you will be a prosperous nation (small island nations are the obvious exception to this rule due. them more or less turning into a large port city on trade lanes) At that level you defiantly can not feed your people let alone have them prosper.

Look at other nations in TNP around your size. Myself, Syrixia, and Bustos for example are all larger then you all claim less then 90 million in population.
Thank you for telling me.

Population: 27,490,000.
GDP: $1,500,844,040,000.00. (I'm now sure that is realistic now?)

Back