[Comm only] Issue VII Planning

Discord
COE#7110
OK, team, here's what Myroria and I cooked up for the next issue. We're thinking of doing a special edition of sorts focusing on recent government shake-ups and elections. Here's the lineup:

1. Mcmasterdonia Resigns - New Delegate elected: This article will focus on the circumstances surrounding mcm's resignation, the transition period, and the special election. We'd like to get comment from McM, SillyString, and the new delegate at a minimum.

2. Changes in Ministries: This article will focus on the resignations of Scandigrad and r3n, the subsequent replacements, and the new delegate's plans for the cabinet. I think we should seek comment from Scandi, r3n, Lore, Sanc, and the new delegate at a minimum. We might not publish comments from all of them, but we'll need them for research purposes at least.

3. Court Intrigue: This article will summarize the judicial term that began in November, focusing on the request brought by the AG's office on court ruling 1.1, the subsequent resignations of DD and Grosse, the elections of Sev and Funk, the ruling on 1.1, and the future of the court, winding up with a little treatment of the current judicial election cycle.

4. r3n's Legacy: This article will look backward at what r3n did for this region as delegate, to what extent his policies have carried on past his resignation, and public perception of the future of TNP without him. Lots of possibilities for who to seek comment from - it'd be nice to get a wide range of voices.

I want to publish between March 5 and 10, which might be ambitious, but I think we can do it. I really want to get it out before the end of the judicial election cycle, but I'd be ok with putting it out right after, but #3 would need to change to reflect that.

Bootsie has just been added to the communications executive staff, so welcome to Bootsie. That brings our number up to seven. Here's what I'm thinking for next issue assignments:

Andrew: Probably unavailable.
Bootsie: "Changes in Ministries"
COE: "mcmasterdonia Resigns"
McM: Probably unavailable.
Myroria: "Court Intrigue"
SillyString: Work with Tomb on "r3n's legacy"
Tomb: Work with SillyString on "r3n's legacy"

I'm thinking of SillyString and Tomb working together partly because SS is acting delegate and has a bit of a full plate, and Tomb is probably going to be delegate soon, so might not be able to write a full article either. Between the two of them, I think they can probably manage it. Also, it's a tricky article, and I'd like as many eyes on it as possible. If you'd prefer, we can work out something different. It's just an idea.

Bootsie, I gave you a pretty cut-and-dry factual article for your first assignment. Come to me or Myroria if you need advice on conducting research and interviews, or if you want us to look over a less-than-complete draft. Sometimes, new writers are offended or surprised by how drastically their first draft might be altered by the editors. Be aware that such alterations are normal, and the goal is make everyone a better writer.

Normally, I try not to work with hard-and-fast deadlines unless requested by the writers, but in this case, we're on an abbreviated publication schedule because it's a special edition. I need to see rough drafts by Thursday if at all possible. Editing will happen over the weekend, and we'll try to publish early next week. Let's rock this out.

I think early next week for a publishing date is very doable. I'll work on my article on Monday night and Tuesday and help with editing this weekend. I'd like to reiterate what COE said about editing - I consider myself a pretty ruthless editor but I'd like to let anyone who might be offended by that sort of thing that it's nothing personal.

Another comment - this is going to be a meaty issue but let's try to keep things concise. I think generally we all have a pretty good grasp on this, but it's important to note anyway. To be blunt, our audience isn't going to have the interest or patience to read a novel. Short and sweet is the ticket to success.

Good luck everyone! I'll post any more thoughts I have here as they come up.

Eluvatar has just been added to the ministry as well. Welcome Eluvatar! He will probably be unavailable to write for the next issue, but he may be assisting in the editing process.

Crushing Our Enemies:
Eluvatar has just been added to the ministry as well. Welcome Eluvatar! He will probably be unavailable to write for the next issue, but he may be assisting in the editing process.

This is 100% accurate. :tb2:

Love it. I'll see what Tomb and I can cook up, assuming he's on board.

Is a SSSA column wanted for this edition, or no?

I could go either way on the SSSA. One the one hand, the issue is already 4 articles, and the column might make it a little too long. On the other hand, it was absent from issues IV and V, and we don't want to make everything all news all the time. I like having SSSA as part of our brand.

Go ahead and produce an SSSA column, if you can within the same timeframe. I'll talk it over with Myroria and decide if we want to publish it in this issue. If we end up not doing so, there's no reason we can't throw it into the next one.

Crushing Our Enemies:
Andrew: Probably unavailable.
Bootsie: "Changes in Ministries"
COE: "mcmasterdonia Resigns"
McM: Probably unavailable.
Myroria: "Court Intrigue"
SillyString: Work with Tomb on "r3n's legacy"
Tomb: Work with SillyString on "r3n's legacy"
I'm available. Not Fully available, but available should anyone need anymore assistance :)

Andrew, would you mind working with Bootsie on the Changes in Ministries article? You two could divide up the research/interviewing process and hash out how you want to contribute to the final draft. Are you guys on board with that arrangement?

Crushing Our Enemies:
Andrew, would you mind working with Bootsie on the Changes in Ministries article? You two could divide up the research/interviewing process and hash out how you want to contribute to the final draft. Are you guys on board with that arrangement?
I'd be ok with that. Ill contact Bootsie :)

Hello everyone. I want to confirm that I will be available to work with Asta and look forward to get in contact with her soon.

~ Tomb

RPI has just joined the ministry. I'll be pairing them up with Eluvatar for the next issue. Elu, please incorporate RPI into your brainstorming and planning processes when that begins.

Crushing Our Enemies:
RPI has just joined the ministry. I'll be pairing them up with Eluvatar for the next issue. Elu, please incorporate RPI into your brainstorming and planning processes when that begins.

:yes:

I'm still doing research on mine. This has been a pretty hectic week IRL for me but tomorrow afternoon I'll have a hefty chunk of time in which to finish my first draft. Expect it by 7:00 PM EST.

I have an idea, Minister COE, since I am an ambassador to The Allied Republics, I found out that President Salalaxans, of Spiritus, set up in every region that Spiritus has diplomatic relations too, a Lounge. In TAR it is a huge hit (thanks to me :P ), and we have one here. Our Spiritus embassy, is very lonely, I suggested to Pres. Salalaxans that we set up an interview with a staff writer here, to write about the Lounge to receive more publicity. He said, he was scared of interview; I suggested a column, instead, he agreed. How do you think of that idea? Maybe this can go out in the April Issue?

Thanks,
Llama

Alright, it's been long enough that too many of the articles planned for this issue have gone stale and are no longer newsworthy. I'm scrapping the plans for this issue and will start a new thread for the next one. Some assignments will stay the same, and others will change.

Back