[DRAFT] Repeal of WA#15

Csstform

TNPer
Well, after my first proposition promptly coming to a halt, I decided "Why not make another?" While drawing it up, I read the 101 posts, and this was referenced multiple times. Since I wrote it up, I decided, why not give it a go here, and see what people think. So without further ado, I give you: The Repeal of WA#15.

PLEASE NOTE: I recognise the format I wrote it in may not be acceptable, I'll draft it up into a normal bill after some critique comes in.
:agree:

There's a part you wrote that says "Religious groups that follow polygamy or polygyny, such as the Mormons."

Last I checked the Mormon Church got rid of polygamy and the US outlawed it.

Syrixia:
There's a part you wrote that says "Religious groups that follow polygamy or polygyny, such as the Mormons."

Last I checked the Mormon Church got rid of polygamy and the US outlawed it.
The overarching church of latter-day saints has banned it and it was never legal in the US (but RL US stuff is illegal to talk about in proposals) though several smaller sects of the Mormon Church that do endorse polygamy. There are also dozens of tribal religions and certain sects of other religions like Islam that endorse polygamy.

Yes, but if the overarching church has banned it as you said, then it makes sense to just use that as it's the overarching church of the faith.

Too much illegal here for me to get my head around, even if I supported the idea.

Back