Delegate & Cabinet Polls

"Satisfied" Isn't good enough!

I am honestly surprised at some of the satisfied/needs improvement/unhappy votes. I guess though that a lot of the activity occurs in the private executive staff forums for each area, so some of that is missed by people who are not involved in that particular area.

Thanks, Andrew! You're the best deputy anyone can have, and working with you is great as well :)

~ Tomb

I'm a harder person to impress, that's just my personality. Apologies if you all think "Satisfactory" is too low. If it helps, I voted Very Happy for the Minister of Culture.

Seriously?!! You tender what seems like an objective poll about TNP's peformance, express surprise that the results don't fit a pre-conceived notion that everything is hunky-dory, proceed to an internal backslap-fest, and then expect sincere and frank comments?!! Who in their right mind would provide you with any criticism, constructive or otherwise, under such circumstances?!!

Even I won't take that bait.

If you are serious about this, then you'll open both an omsbudsman's office (for anonymous comments) and a criticism/suggested improvements thread (for public comments.) You'll permit a sufficient commentary period under brainstorm rules -- that is, no counter arguments during this period. And you'll lead by providing the first criticism.

Then, and only then, can you begin a serious dialogue of what ought (or ought not) to be done, and in what priority.

What this particular thread has told those who feel TNP needs improvement is to STFU.

Syrixia, you owe no one an apology for commenting. If anything, McM ought to be apologizing to you for setting you up like this.

>^,,^<
Alunya

uh, Alunya, when I said "satisfied isn't good enough", I meant that I will need to do more with my office. As I aim to keep my region mates more than satisfied with my work. It is obvious that I have not done that well enough for some people. I think that you have very clearly misread me where this is concerned.

Nobody needs to apologize for expressing their opinion.

Alunya:
Seriously?!! You tender what seems like an objective poll about TNP's peformance, express surprise that the results don't fit a pre-conceived notion that everything is hunky-dory, proceed to an internal backslap-fest, and then expect sincere and frank comments?!!
Um...what exactly is unreasonable about that?

Alunya:
If you are serious about this, then you'll open both an omsbudsman's office (for anonymous comments) and a criticism/suggested improvements thread (for public comments.) You'll permit a sufficient commentary period under brainstorm rules -- that is, no counter arguments during this period. And you'll lead by providing the first criticism.

Then, and only then, can you begin a serious dialogue of what ought (or ought not) to be done, and in what priority.
I can get behind some anonymous criticism through surveymonkey or something like that, but I think brainstorm rules are unnecessary. I'm a big fan of dialogue. This thread is an open invitation to discuss how the government is doing. There's no silencing or diversion going on here.

Alunya:
What this particular thread has told those who feel TNP needs improvement is to STFU.
Uh, what? How?

Alunya:
Syrixia, you owe no one an apology for commenting. If anything, McM ought to be apologizing to you for setting you up like this.
I think someone is overreacting to something. Mcm expressed some surprise at some of the low ratings, and Syrixia offered some perspective. So far, all the response he's gotten is a thank you from a member of the government. I think your alarm is somewhat misplaced.

For my part, I voted:
Delegate: Extremely Happy. The executive staff has been a huge success so far, and the home affairs ministry has done a wonderful job recruiting to the forum. The WFE has engaged the RMB and on-site polls are fun and often. I like the RMB trvia game - I wish I'd started playing earlier!

MoD: Extremely Happy. Record turnout, peak activity. What more needs be said?

MoFA: I think I put very happy. This ministry is doing great, but I haven't seen anything wildly innovative or groundbreaking coming out of it. Other parts of the government have set a high bar for "extremely happy" that I felt this one didn't quite measure up to, at least not visibly.

MoWA: Satisfied. For complicated reasons you can ask r3n about - we had an hour long argument about this in #tnp and I'm tired of talking about it :P

MoCo: Satisfied. r3n set some goals for this ministry in his second campaign thread that haven't really been met, in my opinion.

MoCu: Extremely satisfied. I don't roleplay or know anything about roleplay, but it seems like we've got a veritible renaissance in roleplay going on in this region, and I think the MoCu has done a good job there.

MoHA: Extremely satisfied. RA and forum participation rates are way up, possibly record-breaking. This ministry is succeeding in its mission.

This is not what I wanted at all, I just wanted to make my opinions known. Thanks Alunya (Sort of) and COE for defending me, but I'm just gonna slowly back out of this thread now... :D

I am somewhat baffled by the (relatively) low scores for the Ministry of WA Affairs. The performance of the Ministry has uniformly and considerably improved compared to previous terms.

The Ministry creates forum voting threads early (before the in-game vote begins) for almost all resolutions (I missed some when I was in Greece and during my deadline period two weeks ago). The WA forum threads are actively advertised through IRC, RMB posts and telegrams. As a result, participation in the threads has more than doubled compared to previous terms, with many WA nations coming to the forum to vote.

The combination of early voting threads and my active tracking of voting times have allowed us to cast our regional vote early (within the first hour) on the vast majority resolutions. Given our large delegate endocount and the lemming effect, this has tremendously increased our influence on the outcome of all WA resolutions, something that has been noted and discussed at length on the NS forums.

The Ministry has reinstituted the IFV program, which had been inactive for almost a full semester. Voting recommendations are now being distributed more regularly, more consistently, and more timely than ever before. We have sent IFVs for 95% of resolutions going to vote (I missed some during my LoAs, as mentioned above), and in 90% of the cases they are sent within one day of the in-game vote starting. Compare this with Aba's first term, when IFVs were sent on a weekly basis and therefore late for most resolutions, and with terms before his when we had IFVs produced for fewer than half of all resolutions going to vote.

We have seen an increase by at least 30% of the percentage of WA nations in the region voting on resolutions. We have also seen much closer alignment of TNP nations' vote with the Delegate's vote than before. In two surveys we have conducted among all WA nations in the region, nations have indicated that both of these changes are thanks to the active advertisement of WA voting and the regular IFVs. Nations have also indicated high satisfaction with both the forum voting threads and, in particular, the IFV telegrams.

The Ministry has actively recruited WA experts to the region. We now have Sciongrad, Gruenberg, Kenny, Separatist Peoples, and Mousebumples (a group that among themselves have more than 50 resolutions passed) regularly posting in the WA areas of the forum. They contribute to the WA education of our members not just by taking part in discussions of WA resolutions, but also by helping draft the ministerial recommendations, and through the WA 101 class.

Finally, the Ministry has been actively using WA voting and participation, through all the means described above, as a device for increasing our WA nation numbers and boosting the delegate's endorsement count. As a result, we have seen a large increase in the number of WA nations, as well as record endorsement counts and endorsement rates for the delegate. All these improvements in our WA statistics have contributed in further increasing our influence on WA affairs.

Regarding the issues COE mentioned we discussed on IRC, they relate to a change in policy I announced here. I think COE has some fundamental misunderstandings of how, in practice, the forum votes work, our nations vote, and the lemming effect impacts the fate of resolutions. I explained these issues to him on IRC, but I am not sure I convinced him.

I think COE's main issue is that the changes I announced above reduce the impact of our WA experts' opinion on the regional vote. As I explain in the announcement, if anything the policy changes make this impact considerably stronger, both forum-side and game-side. I would welcome having this discussion here on the forum, for the benefit of all members.

Personally, I voted "satisfied" for the WA ministry because I take no part in it and have really very little interest in doing so - so I don't know how it's doing. I expressed on IRC the wish for a "no opinion" or "no comment" option and mcm said I should vote satisfied in that case - so I did.

I can agree that it does seem to be doing better than in previous terms, though.

mcmasterdonia:
No more comments on the polls? :shock:
I think TNP is such a happy place that this should be our Official Theme Song!

[flash]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABWyXKT5qt4[/flash]
:lol:

I think that overall, TNP is a happy place. Even you Romanoffia :P You are undeniably happy, even when mad! :lol:

It saddens me that Alunya would rather flip out over a minor comment I made, instead of participating in a proper discussion about what needs improving. I knew that he didn't like flemingovianism or the RA, but his hostility towards the executive government was somewhat surprising. It has been a couple of days since his first post here, I don't believe he is going to respond here again, for some reason. This is unfortunate, the only way to improve the region is to have your opinion heard and to convince others of the necessity of the improvements you wish to make.

The Executive Staff has made the Executive branch more open to new people than ever before, with each Minister seriously taking into consideration the suggestions made by their staff members.

Of course, you know, my post was made in veinglorious humour. :P :lol:

There are only two things that make me really mad - a horse that is a puke in the hunt field and no beer in the fridge.

Back