HOW TO: Spot the Oligarchy

There are all these loose claims about there being an oligarchy and whatnot. It is clear in the time I have spent here that they are easily identifiable by one central characteristic: Their avatars are all animals! What is the meaning of this?! It is clearly to identify other members. I myself changed my avatar to an animal, and within minutes of doing so, I was hailed as a new member of the Oligarchy, and they invited me to their private meetings.

Wanna know what I saw?

Not much. Just a ragged old men sitting around playing poker and drinking, rambling on about how they'll change the world, but couldn't even get out of their seats.

Now go find the Oligarchy!

PaulWallLibertarian42:
They alternate between icons of animals, rubber bands, and a gavel crushing the little guy.
Does that mean if someone has a deer for their avatar, they are fair game because it's bow season for deer? :P

If you want to know for sure if someone is part of the oligarchy then all you have to do is ask. If they say "no" then you know you have uncovered an oligarchist!

It's true. I was good until they realized my avatar was made of wax.

Thankfully I was able to escape their cigar-based attempts to light the candle.

Did someone say Oligarchy? Because it is real!

517.gif

PaulWallLibertarian42:
You might very well think that, I couldn't possibly comment.
Well hello there Chief Whip, or would you prefer Prime Minister, Mister Urquhart?

SillyString:
SillyString:
SillyString:
If you want to know if somebody is a member of the Oligarchy, just ask! Evasive or confused answers always mean "yes".

User was banned from the Oligarchy for this post.
This means war!

-The IRCabal
Pffft. Your ability to cause harm is severely inferior to ours. Just give up now and save yourselves the anguish.

Milograd:
Did someone say Oligarchy? Because it is real!

517.gif
Oh, but it is real. I read it in a book. Just ask Emanuel Goldstein. :lol:

efgdwx.jpg

Secret message to everyone in the Oligarchy. Pay your membership dues. We need to restock the bar and we're nearly out of beer.

The scapegoat today is the IRCabal.. In 2012 it was the Oligarchy, but the alleged membership between then and now is vastly different.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
It is a false flag. We all know the Oligarchy and IRCabal are one in the same.
Don't be silly.

"There are two powerful cliques within TNP, which are sometimes (but not always) at war with one another - the Oligarchy (sometimes affectionately called the Elugarchy) and the IRCabal.

"The Oligarchy consists of those members who consistently serve in some area of the government term after term, and it frequently controls the Delegate's Cabinet Ministers. If you want to know if somebody is a member of the Oligarchy, just ask! Evasive or confused answers always mean "yes".

"The IRCabal, meanwhile, consists of several (but not all) TNPers who dare to venture into that mysterious land known as IRC, and it exercises control over all voting results. Members of the IRCabal are very secretive, but some intrepid investigation by a few brave non-Cabalists who have infiltrated their ranks has revealed a growing number of names. If somebody has been publicly accused of being in the IRCabal, they probably are."[note]String, Silly. "SillyString's Silly Advice". The Northern Lights, Iss. I. Page 4.[/note]

Milograd:
Someone should really dispose of the oligarchs through armed revolution.
The Ministry of Cheese would never permit such a thing.

MiniCheese would, however, permit them to have a Whine and Cheese party to settle their differences. :P

No it is a small group of elite veteran players that call the shots from behind the scenes. They are at odds with the IRCabal the ones who plan and conspire in the shadows of #tnp IRC chat.

Back