Nominations for: REGIONAL MOTTO

Malvad

TNPer
moce-seal.png

The Ministry of Culture Presents...
Regional Identity Crisis...Part 2!
Nominations for Regional Motto

People. Corporations. Schools. Nations. All of these have something that defines them, that puts them in the most meaningful and simple of terms. A motto.

What words could possibly describe The North Pacific? What could best represent the region and its people? What exactly is a motto? Am I just listing questions?

All excellent questions. All will be revealed in Regional Identity Crisis Part 2 Volume 1: Regional Motto.

Nominations will be open until September 30th 2014 12:00 AM EST. As always each nation only gets one vote. Let the nominations begin!

Nominations:
"Where the democracy is strong, the debate robust, and the rum plentiful."
"It's a trap!"
"Never eat yellow snow"
"Stercus accidit"
"Give us the Fiqh or give us Mall4life!"
"Caek."
"TNP is love, TNP is life"
"Watcha gonna do when we come for you?"
"A democratic conglomerate of cakey-rummy goodness."
"Democracy, rum, and good times."
"Democatic Donkeys is the best"
"Rogue, Rogue, Rogue your boat, gently down the stream..."
"Where the democracy is strong, the women are beautiful, and the rum is plentiful."
"The North Pacific Right Whale (Eubalaena japonica) -- it is delicious!"
"Help yourself to some Tortuga rum cake"
"In The North Pacicifc, we like to keep a bottle of rum handy in case we see a snake, which we also keep handy."

I added this phrase to the WFE a few terms ago and it is still there describing the North Pacific:

"Where the democracy is strong, the debate robust and the rum plentiful."

And NO, is not the same McM said. Mine has one less comma. Remember that lesson we learnt thanks to Flemingovia: commas are important.

Great Bights Mum:
Where the democracy is strong, the women are beautiful, and the rum is plentiful.
OK, so this^ sounds amazing, and it has women and rum in it... So it has to be my favourite thing. Please, Minister, forget about my former proposal, I'll go for this one :yes:

"In The North Pacicifc, we like to keep a bottle of rum handy in case we see a snake, which we also keep handy."

Democratic Donkeys:
I think there may be multiple submissions by one member on the list. I thought only one per person was the rule?
My mistake actually. :P Oh well, too late now.

And the winner is:

I have updated the pinned thread and the dispatch (please upvote!) accordingly. Malvad will announce the next and final volume soon.

Back